April 23, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The big Rollout -Vaccines

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

Now I have to say right up front.. I have no issue if you want to outright say.. pro or anti.. once you have saided your side, that's it.. that's all we need to know..

But if you make it politcal, Denob will make me shut this down..

SO!!!! let me be clear on what I am hoping we can talk about on this thread?!

What is happening in your province?
What is happening in regards to your work place?
What is happening in regards to effects on your own personal way of life?

The truth of the matter not matter how you feel about in the "politcal" sense, it will be a huge topic/part of our towns/county's, province/country and world happenings for 2021.. So I would really like us to be able to have it available for a subject to touch on..

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

This is what we have been told "officially" so far for Ontario:

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/covid-19-vaccines-ontario?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImpOBm7z27QIVkInICh2xcwsVEAAYASAAEgKq0_D_BwE#covid-19-vaccine-distribution-task-force

The guestimates are that if you are in a low risk category, its looking like late summer at best, but probably fall before the vaccination is available for Phase III. I'm not complaining, its important that those at the greatest risk are vaccinated first.

As for my workplace, we simply go into the office when we need to, but everyone is set up to work remotely from home. There is nothing else you can do but be polite, and take the basic measures the government advises to protect yourself and those around you.

The crappiest part of this entire ordeal...is missing extended family. We've all decided to celebrate Christmas in the spring/summer when the senior citizens are all vaccinated. We held off on visiting anyone...I dont know if I could forgive myself knowing we transmitted a disease to +70's... As for that, it has been a year with some great ups and downs. Successful (my wife and I were lucky that our industries were not adversely affected by the pandemic) but my wife contracted COVID earlier on in the pandemic...and it was devastating. Thank god it never hit her lungs, but it laid her out flat. And she is Ms. Healthy. Fitness, food and nutrition and lifestyle. Almost 3 months before she had regained normalcy including energy, taste, etc. We always talk about death rates for COVID...but seem to forget about those who are still hit hard and the downfall from people who may suffer weeks/months from this virus. We had no permanent damage done...but there are also those who will suffer life long / years long effects from it. Add that to the mortality rate...and its a scary state imo.

One plus....flu and the cold have been decimated this year. So many more people paying attention to infection control and it has really paid off in that sense. Occupational Health and Safety is no longer a taboo in many ways, and when people are sick, they stay home. I hope this continues as a trend.

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

but my wife contracted COVID earlier on in the pandemic...and it was devastating. Thank god it never hit her lungs, but it laid her out flat. And she is Ms. Healthy. Fitness, food and nutrition and lifestyle. Almost 3 months before she had regained normalcy including energy, taste, etc. We always talk about death rates for COVID...but seem to forget about those who are still hit hard and the downfall from people who may suffer weeks/months from this virus. We had no permanent damage done...but there are also those who will suffer life long / years long effects from it. Add that to the mortality rate...and its a scary state imo.

One plus....flu and the cold have been decimated this year. So many more people paying attention to infection control and it has really paid off in that sense. Occupational Health and Safety is no longer a taboo in many ways, and when people are sick, they stay home. I hope this continues as a trend.

Wow, sounds like it was pretty rough for her. I still dont no anyone personally that has had it, but the longer this plays out the greater chances I will.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@eggmanvinny)

Here is an interesting read, well researched and well written. I recommend reading it to the end before drawing a conclusion and no matter what you finally decide, it is food for thought.

Read this link about the vaccines... https://vaccinechoicecanada.com/in-the-news/dear-family-friends-and-colleagues-re-covid-19-vaccine-concerns/

On an additional foot note...This was sent to us in one of our daily updates, I work in a hospital....

The Provincial Council for Maternal and Child Health (PCMCH) advises that individuals who may be pregnant, are pregnant, or are breastfeeding have the right to receive the vaccine, should they choose to after a discussion with their care provider. This discussion should include information on risks and benefits of the vaccine, an assessment of whether the vaccine’s benefits would outweigh the potential risks to the person, and/or fetus, and a disclosure that there is not yet evidence of the vaccine’s effects in pregnant and lactating individuals. After a thorough discussion with their provider, each person is in a better position to make an informed choice on whether to be vaccinated. https://www.pcmch.on.ca/new-covid-19-in-pregnancy-update/

Kinda makes me go, hmmm??

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

Here is an interesting read, well researched and well written. I recommend reading it to the end before drawing a conclusion and no matter what you finally decide, it is food for thought.

Read this link about the vaccines... https://vaccinechoicecanada.com/in-the-news/dear-family-friends-and-colleagues-re-covid-19-vaccine-concerns/

On an additional foot note...This was sent to us in one of our daily updates, I work in a hospital....

The Provincial Council for Maternal and Child Health (PCMCH) advises that individuals who may be pregnant, are pregnant, or are breastfeeding have the right to receive the vaccine, should they choose to after a discussion with their care provider. This discussion should include information on risks and benefits of the vaccine, an assessment of whether the vaccine’s benefits would outweigh the potential risks to the person, and/or fetus, and a disclosure that there is not yet evidence of the vaccine’s effects in pregnant and lactating individuals. After a thorough discussion with their provider, each person is in a better position to make an informed choice on whether to be vaccinated. https://www.pcmch.on.ca/new-covid-19-in-pregnancy-update/

Kinda makes me go, hmmm??

That first site is questionable. It is selective in the information it provides. Anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of how vaccines work, the process for certification in Canada, etc. knows they are cherry picking information to sway viewers.

With all the pseudo information out on social media...I ponder if COViD will become endemic....and a regular killer. Will we eradicate this virus...or will it become something to live with because society as a whole decided not to vaccinate.

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network