April 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Ask a leader security & defense questions here

75 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
27.3 K Views
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Feel free to ask security & defense related questions here.
One of our volunteer topic leaders will be happy to answer you.

(@duffmanprepper)
Prominent Member

I don't like to tell everyone what I used to do in my past but if anyone has questions please ask
I've been playing stupid in the forum and now am comfortable talking about stuff with fellow preppers
Duff

Preparedness is like a condom , I've rather have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it

ReplyQuote
(@puceprepperz)

Hi all.
I'm here willing to give advise as well. FYI: I'm PucPreppers but lost log in info so made this new account. 😉
Basic rundown so that you know where Im coming from is as follows. Not bragging just figured if I am giving advice, you'd like to know where its coming from. More detailed info if requested in personal messages.

Former Army Special Service Force soldier - served both regular force and reserves. 11 yearas total.
Instructor of Wrestling, Muay Thai, Boxing and brown belt in Karate. Dabbled to orange belt in various other arts.
Titles held in Wrestling, MuayThai and Boxing.
Owned a Muay Thai school since 1999
Former Vice President of Canadian Amateur Muay Thai assoc.
Have lived and fought in Thailand 5 times for a 1-3 month stay each time.
Created 1 national champ and some regional ones.
Professional Fire Fighter now for 18 years. Not really a security profession, except that we breach homes and companies and vehicles daily to get in to help people, so we understand weakpoints.

ReplyQuote
(@ottawalonewolf)
Trusted Member

You sir is badass ! would you know Sal Ram from Vancouver ?

ReplyQuote
(@puceprepperz)

if you were talking to me OttawaLoneWolf, then negative, I do not, atleast I do not remember him, but may have back in the day. 😀 Too many hits to the head = Memory sucks.

ReplyQuote
(@ottawalonewolf)
Trusted Member

if you were talking to me OttawaLoneWolf, then negative, I do not, atleast I do not remember him, but may have back in the day. 😀 Too many hits to the head = Memory sucks.

I totally know what u mean brother 😀

ReplyQuote
 Syn
(@syn)
Reputable Member

Many of us lead far more insulated lives and have not really gotten first hand experience that you three have had . I do understand security is broad topic . Can you elaborate on what you have seen in other places and circumstance that motivates your prepping and the prioritization you place on the ways you prep, say for a few examples ; fitness and self defence , hardening your security of your home, or weapon utilization as opposed to long term food storage ? Are you organized with others as a security measure, say meet ups or alliances to bug out , bug in ? I am curious if you see burgeoning population from immigration or birthrate as excelating need for heightened security in the next 10 years ?
Living in the lower mainland of BC i see the excalation of profit driven organized gang violence targeting mostly rivals as do grow rippers, turf infringement retaliations from houses being burned to the ground to sanctioned hits , but I stay cognizant that there is a lot of factors out there that can compromise your personal security and a lot smarter choices and proactive steps to be made by people like me .

ReplyQuote
(@ottawalonewolf)
Trusted Member

Many of us lead far more insulated lives and have not really gotten first hand experience that you three have had . I do understand security is broad topic . Can you elaborate on what you have seen in other places and circumstance that motivates your prepping and the prioritization you place on the ways you prep, say for a few examples ; fitness and self defence , hardening your security of your home, or weapon utilization as opposed to long term food storage ? Are you organized with others as a security measure, say meet ups or alliances to bug out , bug in ? I am curious if you see burgeoning population from immigration or birthrate as excelating need for heightened security in the next 10 years ?
Living in the lower mainland of BC i see the excalation of profit driven organized gang violence targeting mostly rivals as do grow rippers, turf infringement retaliations from houses being burned to the ground to sanctioned hits , but I stay cognizant that there is a lot of factors out there that can compromise your personal security and a lot smarter choices and proactive steps to be made by people like me .

You lived in Langley ah !? that's one tough neighborhood. 😉

ReplyQuote
 Syn
(@syn)
Reputable Member

Ah yes, well for the most part we are blessed and live in the land of milk and honey. For the most part we are very fortunate.

ReplyQuote
(@maple-leaf-pilgrim)
Estimable Member

Looks like enough chiefs have arrived. I'll just keep my yob shut unless I take issue.

Hey, puce! Big Daddy's, Bronze Bruce, Iron Mike's and the chicken wing incident ring any bells? 😉

"It's not what you have, but what you have done".

-S.

ReplyQuote
(@maple-leaf-pilgrim)
Estimable Member

Okay, Syn. You jave far more than one question bundled up in this post. So stop, take a moment and choose one with which to start. Building a full role package for it as it stands will take time and bandwidth.

Can you elaborate on what you have seen in other places and circumstance that motivates your prepping~

I'll start with this one.

I have seen the end of the world quite a few times now. Iraq, Afghanistan, The Balkans and a few other places I'm NaLTS. If you check out some of my posts here you'll get the gist of it. Each and every time I've seen it, I've witnessed desperation, fear and hatred rapidly followed by enormous amount of violence. I'll not get too detailed, but I am no stranger to self same violence.

The people who saw it coming and organized, or even just braced for it fared much better.

Here in the first world we are inoculated against the brutal realities of strife. I hope to help prepare as many as possible for the inevitable fall of society, either locally, regionally or world wide. I'd much rather look the fool for having prepared for naught, than to look the fool for not having prepared.

-S.

"It's not what you have, but what you have done".

-S.

ReplyQuote
(@singlecell)
Estimable Member

Okay, Syn. You jave far more than one question bundled up in this post. So stop, take a moment and choose one with which to start. Building a full role package for it as it stands will take time and bandwidth.

Can you elaborate on what you have seen in other places and circumstance that motivates your prepping~

I'll start with this one.

I have seen the end of the world quite a few times now. Iraq, Afghanistan, The Balkans and a few other places I'm NaLTS. If you check out some of my posts here you'll get the gist of it. Each and every time I've seen it, I've witnessed desperation, fear and hatred rapidly followed by enormous amount of violence. I'll not get too detailed, but I am no stranger to self same violence.

The people who saw it coming and organized, or even just braced for it fared much better.

Here in the first world we are inoculated against the brutal realities of strife. I hope to help prepare as many as possible for the inevitable fall of society, either locally, regionally or world wide. I'd much rather look the fool for having prepared for naught, than to look the fool for not having prepared.

-S.

Very interesting, especially the way you put it. Let's be honest with what you saw though. "The end of the world"... yes, no doubt it was all very similar to what most of us relate to being a SHTF scenario. But it was really only a select version, namely occupation.

Which is really one of my top most likely scenarios to be happening to us, that is, in Canada, since we have no military. Once you think about it, occupation, for any reason is very likely to happen in our lifetime if not this century.

My own city was placed under martial law once(obviously nowhere near as intense as real warfare, this is Toronto, the most bitch-made city in the world.) so I kinda got the jist of what to expect from the authorities, but I'd like to hear from you first hand what you saw, day by day, week by week, month by month, and the effects it had on the people. Tell me what public and private infrastructure was taken out first to cripple their way of life over there. Describe the techniques you used to spot resistance. I want to know about looting, violence, and rape. What services were available, before and after?

And despite the sound of my post, no, I have no partisan tone here, I just want to honestly know what happens when you occupy a country. I think Prepping for an enemy occupation could be an extremely popular and more importantly useful post to have on here.

Any details you can disclose would be appreciated.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Which is really one of my top most likely scenarios to be happening to us, that is, in Canada, since we have no military. Once you think about it, occupation, for any reason is very likely to happen in our lifetime if not this century.

Dude, this is a slap in the face for many of us serving or former serving members of the Forces. And the rest of the post "I want to know about looting, violence, and rape" well, is quite creepy. Likely not what you meant (at least I hope), but comes across a bit sadistic and sociopathic.

ReplyQuote
(@singlecell)
Estimable Member

Fair enough. I'm well aware of we got some of the best trained forces in the world. I know a few myself. Take it from my perspective. What... didn't we just have two ships just crash into each other in the pacific? Aren't our fighter jets like 40 years old? Isn't it all falling apart??? I hear about broken submarines, broken helicopters and guns pre existing ww1 in the high arctic, "stealth" snowmobiles??? Is this media based drivel ? For what purpose?

Now add to this... are we not the third largest supplier of oil in the world? Did China not buy several Canadian Oil developments? Invasion sometimes happens without a shot being fired, you know...

If I'm wrong let me know. I know full well the main stream media is notorious for not saying what is necessarily true.

As for "looting, violence and rape." I don't think I can apologize for that. More over, I question why you would find creepy what is notorious throughout history.

If you think any of those three topics are out of the question in regards to military intervention, occupation of a country or all out war or invasion... Give me a break... it happens every time. Read up on it... it's like in every single war, since the Roman Empire. Since before that. I'm not saying HE or those he served with did it, but it DOES happen.

If you think thats creepy, then why would Veterans be invited to talk about the real thing? The way I understood it was, they're experts cause they are familiar with Iraq and Afganistan, and quoted as saying "I have seen the end of the world quite a few times now. Iraq, Afghanistan..." I am asking questions about Iraq and Afganistan.

Was this not the invitation to the thread?

ReplyQuote
 Syn
(@syn)
Reputable Member

My question was not envisioning any particular occupation, just a general question of what others have seen in the world abroad that prompts them to continue to hone their prepping in general and defensive skills proffered in this thread. I was prompted to think of the idea of increasing immigration as a stressor from things like the IPCC reports expression of anticipating 150 million climate refugees by 2040 ever increasing the density of our populations . I tend to think someone like myself might be more naieve as to what preparations we should be making and I certainly do not trust our political structure on any level to be addressing planning for the future with any competance.

Maple Leaf Pilgrim, are the groups who braced as you say , smaller units of family and extended family or on the scale of regional communities ?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 5
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network