May 03, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Staying positive

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
oldschool
(@oldschool)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I am having a challenge at the moment staying positive. Part is my mental health issue, part I am sure has to do with my mom.

Strange thing about me is that I rise above a crisis situation such as a fire or major car accident but fail at the little things in life. It is the perfectionist in me that seems to be causing me the most grief. And yes being a perfectionist is considered being mentally ill.

Tonight I looked at what I have done this weekend and what I wanted to go. The 2 things did not even come close to meeting. I am hoping that what FG wrote once about looking at 3 to 5 positive things that happened during the day I can start doing and hoping it will help.

-got 4 cans of tomato soup almost dried ready to powder (the voice in my head is saying but you didn't get it powdered)
-bought 16 pints of blackberries to make jam (told the voice in my head just to shut up when it tried to tell me but you didn't get any jam made, so far the voice has shut up)
-made it to several stores on the weekend (but I forgot to buy stuff and couldn't force myself to go to all the stores that I wanted to go to, voice is a bit more forgiving here)
-got to see mom & visit with my step daughter (should have gone twice but couldn't do it - ok voice shut up now, at least I made it once plus I got some of mom's house cleaned out)
-managed to buy 50 pounds of tomatoes (but never made it to buy the peaches, enough voice...working 60 hours a week do I really think I can get both done)

Does anyone else see how much is left to do instead of how far they have come?

(@anitapreciouspearl)
Noble Member

I still struggle with my To Do vs. reality but years ago when I first started homeschooling things were much worse! I actually found a lot of help and freedom from www.flylady.com. She talks a LOT about perfectionism and what it does to us. She also has neat tips on how to get past your perfectionism particularly in cleaning and organizing your home but the spill over is huge to other areas as well.

I love Flylady πŸ™‚ She saved my sanity!

(`'β€’.ΒΈ(`'β€’.ΒΈ ΒΈ.β€’'Β΄) ΒΈ.β€’'Β΄)
*´¨`β€’.ΒΈΒΈAnita <>< *.‒´¸¸¨`*
(ΒΈ.β€’'Β΄(ΒΈ.β€’'Β΄ `'β€’.ΒΈ)`' β€’.ΒΈ)
ΒΈ.β€’Β΄
( `β€’.ΒΈ
`β€’.ΒΈ )
ΒΈ.β€’)Β΄
(.β€’Β΄

Quack, Cluck, Moo, Hee-Haw, Meow and Baaaaaaa from Shalom Engedi Farm
http://adventures-in-country-living.blogspot.com/

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

Oh you bet I do!
I have lots of projects that need to get done, but I can't always get into construction mode during the weekdays while working from home, taking care of 2 preschoolers and everything I want to do here on the forum and over at the blog.
This leaves me with weekends to get done what I have to do and try to help family get done what needs to also.
Sometimes I get frustrated, like this weekend...3 days.
Saturday I got to the market and bought everything I needed to.
Of course, instead of getting home and doing a live podcast, my neighbor decided that it was time to start a war about our land lines...provincial police and all!
Sunday, I went over to MIL's to stack up 8 cord of wood for her winter heating.
Of course, yesterday instead of getting to work on MY projects, I could do nothing other than watch it rain...bummer.
Seems like whenever I have time to do what needs to get done, something "comes up" or the weather won't cooperate, or something else!
Just keep at it, it will all get done in good time...you gotta stay positive.
Oh ya, and that neighbor is in for a BIG surprise too!
Gotta go...off to city hall...hehehe

ReplyQuote
(@waystoprepare)
Eminent Member

Oldschool,
I hear you and wish I could give you a hug and helping hand.
The sooner we can start working in groups the better. Our needs here feel so over-whelming at times ........... especially when I have a sense of time running out. We are making hast slowly.

ReplyQuote
oldschool
(@oldschool)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Oldschool,
I hear you and wish I could give you a hug and helping hand.
The sooner we can start working in groups the better. Our needs here feel so over-whelming at times ........... especially when I have a sense of time running out. We are making hast slowly.

Thank you, you just did by finding & reminding me of this post πŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network