May 14, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Newbie wondering if there are any other Queen City Kids here

22 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@absoluteprepper)
Topic starter  

mountainman - I would honestly be thrilled to grab a coffee/meal or whatever and meet up with you when you are travelling through. If you have a definitive date, maybe we can actually get a small group together if there are others in the area that have an interest. Please send me an approximiate timeline when you will be passing by and we can go from there. (Not trying to put you on the spot, hopefully this is an idea of some interest to you as your knowledge and attendance at other meetings would be invaluable)

Hadestouch - I am definitely going to go for my proper training/classes, but being in construction and with the huge fluctuations in weather this year, we are working some severely screwed up hours right now and will be until late October and I would just like to have a temporary solution in place as one can never be sure when the SHTF.

Gravlore - Your posts are almost mirror images of my life.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

AP,

Go ahead and put me on the spot. On the 24th of June I will be travelling through Regina heading East. Probably be there for a pitstop. On the return trip we will probably spent the night in or around Regina. Some place to pitch our tent for the night. I am at work so my grasp of the time line is fuzzy for the return trip, late July.

Send me a PM and I will reply.

Mountainman.

ReplyQuote
(@hkyle)

Well I'm relieved to hear that I'm not the only one in sask who's wife thinks he's nuts for prepping.. Archery is a great hobby to get into if you don't have a PAL, I've been doing it for a few years now,, still haven't got a deer yet lol but the time will come. Pellet Gus bb guns also another good idea, can take down small game, squirts, gophers, etc. sling shot whatever will work for ya. I challenged my PAL a few months ago knowing that I will need one for hunting larger game, cost me $60 bucks to the instructor and $60 to the government.. I've always hunted but never had the need to get my PAL. I just purchased a .22 a few weeks ago and 1000 round for it, still want to get a 12guage.
I purchased my bow off of eBay from some guy in the states, cost me $175 buck for a 2008 darton assault, nice bow 60 lb draw. Yes I needed to buy the sights and quiver but still a great bow for the price.

No not a queen city kid, West of Regina and north of moose jaw.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Crossbows can take out larger game with ease. 2:34 into this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFB0E90Hw3U

ReplyQuote
(@hadestouch)
Eminent Member

Hkile, , have you considered a security type shot gun? They can be purchased for a third or less than the higher end hunting shotguns go for..downside is they generally come with fixed cylinder bore chokes and this have a shorter effective range for hunting... The upside aside from cost is they generally have a higher yet legal magazine capacity(pump action).. And are better suited to pull double duty as home defence... I also recently purchased a .22lr. It's a great addition to any prep plan.. The ammo reasonably priced enough to stockpile, it's low recoil and cheap ammo make it wonderfully suited for teaching necessary skills to children. And it will put a rabbit in the pot in a pinch.

Also I took mountain man's advice and purchased a couple of small bows.. And have since been practicing with the kids..I'm still looking for something larger but my wife isn't on board with the prep budget so my purchases are slower than I'd like.

ReplyQuote
(@hkyle)

I have and have seen a nice mossy and I do have access to a goose gun so for hunting birds that's fine, the 12g I saw had a light built right into the front of the pump stock. Nice gun was on the frontier fire arms website out of prince Albert.. $400 ish can't remember the price.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network