May 21, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Are Canucks Good Shooters?

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
(@preppersaurus)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Quite the accomplishment for the lady.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/07/daniel-zimmerman/the-best-military-shooter-in-the-world-my-daughter/#comment-2192200

You've Got To Be Tough, If You're Going To Be Stupid.

The Island Retreat
(@the-island-retreat)
Reputable Member

Just when you think the 'colonial' attitude was done.

Why wouldn't they give the medal to a non-brit?; the twits.

Check out Canadian Prepper Podcast on iTunes!

One is none, two is one.

ReplyQuote
(@maple-leaf-pilgrim)
Estimable Member

Just when you think the 'colonial' attitude was done.

Why wouldn't they give the medal to a non-brit?; the twits.

It sure as hell wasn't when I was in The Army.

I saw this quite some time ago. Canada produces some bloody fine soldiers and even finer shots. Remember Rob Furlong was a Canadian. There are few nationalities and few individuals who are up to snuff in my book.

-S.

"It's not what you have, but what you have done".

-S.

ReplyQuote
(@jimbo-jones)
Estimable Member

well lets see longest shots being openly admitted are mostly held by CDNs so yes i guess so

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

In 1972, Canada won at Bisley. Defeating the best military shooters in the U.S. and British Commonwealth 5 NATO Countries). W.O. Joe Hennick won the Queen's Medal at the cross service marksmanship competition. Pretty impressive I'd say. So to answer your question: yes. There has always been a long line of distinguished shooters from Canada.

None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

I don't think 3,540 meters is going to be beat any time soon!

ReplyQuote
(@jimbo-jones)
Estimable Member

ive got 2 friends on the top 5 long shots, i cant say what mine was but its close 🙂

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

Not to take anything away from civilian shooters, but the best long-range shooters have to be military and police snipers. People in the civilian world don't know who they are. Their identities aren't widely known even within the organizations themselves.

Anyone who works as a professional Sniper can't help but being accurate. You have unlimited ammunition and practice time galore. You receive the best training available.

Much of this I received in the U.S. with the Secret Service. They recruit the best from the U.S. Military and various SWAT Teams to protect the President. In my class of twelve, five were formerly Marine Scout Snipers, one SEAL one Delta, one LAPD. The remainder were police SWAT sent for training (all were ex-military with combat experience) and me.

These guys were deadly. We started with headshots on running targets at 300 yards and moved on from there. After the first day, I thought I'd be sent home. Good instruction, patience and lots of practice made the difference. I was really impressed with the skillsets and professionalism of this group.

None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

ReplyQuote
(@jimbo-jones)
Estimable Member

patience is the thing. timing between heartbeats makes a difference,mongols used to shoot their bows while at a gallop and would loose when all hoofs were in the air. Small things make a big difference.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network