May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Cariboo/Chilcotin

17 Posts
10 Users
0 Reactions
(@aaronbouge)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Well I haven't posted on awhile, because quite frankly it seems almost pointless? These threads are very slow moving and every time someone in the area pretends to be interested in meeting it falls through. But here goes:

I have been prepping for several years. I have a homestead near Williams Lake and have kind of an informal group both up here and down in the lower mainland of like minded people who I have grown to trust in a SHTF situation. I am looking to meet more.

Do you live anywhere in the Cariboo/Chilcotin? Are you interested in meeting preppers/homesteaders/hunters/survuvalists/etc. such as yourself? Do you live outside this geographical area, but occasionally pass through and see it as beneficial in having allies in this area? If so, then please reply. Or send me a PM. Myself, and other in thr area would like to meet you. There is a local Tim Hortons perfect for coffee drinking.

I look foward to some responses.

Aaron

(@silveropportunity)

Hi Aaron,
Just joined today and saw your post...we live in the Shuswap but do occasionally travel to the 100 Mile House area. We have just started as far as homesteading goes...just bought a place on 6 acres and are going to start with chickens, bees and probably a few goats. We stock supplies ie- food, MRE's, and some other things that I may mention at another time.
We are not pleased with the way this world is going and are looking for like minded individuals to talk with, learn from and exchange ideas etc.
I am on here trying to find more people, more often than not discussing things like chem trails, Monsanto, new world order, buying silver and gold with the everyday people in town doesn't work...they look at you like "you're out to lunch." they just don't realize that they are the ones that are going to struggle (to say the least) if SHTF.

Silveropportunity

ReplyQuote
(@bcprepper1)
Eminent Member

Hi Aaron, i too live in wl area and have bol location
I have been prepping for about 5 years now and am always looking for like minded individuals.

ReplyQuote
(@aaronbouge)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Excellent. I am fairly new to homesteading too. I have goats, and bees. Am getting chickens amd rabbits in the spring. Let me know next time you will be in the area, will arrange to meet for coffee if your down.

Aaron

ReplyQuote
albertaborn
(@albertaborn)
Trusted Member

I am north of Quesnel a lot of the year always looking to meet like minded / right minded people.

Things I say are my opinion, which is like belly buttons everybody has one.
Anything I say is not meant to anger or offend just to encourage discussion between adults.

ReplyQuote
(@aaronbouge)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey there Albertaborn. I am in Quesnel regularily. Shoot me a Pm and perhaps we can set sonething up and meet for coffee. There are several like minded people in the area and always looking to meet more.

Aaron

ReplyQuote
(@glasshouse)
Trusted Member

Hey I don't head up to the Cariboo often but wanted to say hi and wish you all luck. Been homesteading in the Kootenays for a couple years. Chickens, pigs, bees and gardening so far. Also recently into hunting and sport shooting. Anyway good luck and God bless.

ReplyQuote
(@olwarrior)

Just wanted to jump in and say hi, im in the interior, hope to meet up with some of you guys one day

ReplyQuote
(@aaronbouge)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey there olwarrior and glasshouse. Where abouts are you guys? Would love to meet for coffee. I also own bee hives, goats, and soon chickens and rabbits too. Also an active hunter, shooter and gardner. Shoot me a PM will set something up.

Aaron

ReplyQuote
(@aaronbouge)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Just want to put the call out there again. Is there anyone between Kamloops and Prince George who are serious about prepping? I am interested in meeting for coffee. Interested in people who are more doers then talkers. Lets meet for coffee.

Aaron

ReplyQuote
(@cariboo-skidoo)

Hey Aaron, I live east of Quesnel and started prepping ten years ago but got discouraged with the whole scene. People thinking you're crazy and all that crap. Most people I know are spoiled brats who couldn't survive a week without the internet or their electricity. Well, anyways I'm back into the scene since I've become a bachelor recently. I have a small lot in the trees, a very small off grid house and shed/workshop, and have had chickens for about 7 or 8 years now. I've also been collecting antiques for 10 years, things that can be used without electricity. Tools, household stuff. I love Barkerville and have become obsessed with old school living. I'm going to build a small blacksmith shop, and a root cellar next year I hope.
I am a bit of a hermit and don't go into town much, but thought I would say hi regardless. It's nice to know there are others in the Cariboo.

Andrew

ps - I'm also an Aaron but go by my middle name.

ReplyQuote
(@tarnthewoodsman)

Hello. We are just out of Clearwater. We've been doing it for awhile and are always happy to meet others and swap ideas.

ReplyQuote
(@gmurphy)
Estimable Member

If anyone is curious, I have met arronbouge. A stand up guy, if your bored and want to talk prepping, he drinks coffee, likes guns, and has a few like minded friends.

ReplyQuote
(@aaronbouge)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey there. Havent checked in for a long time. Ill send you guys a pm.

ReplyQuote
(@aaronbouge)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Just wanted to throw it out there. I will be in Kamloops Sunday April 23 attending the gun show. If anyone would like to meet down in Kamloops, send me a PM.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network