May 16, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The best EMP/ nuclear war movie I've ever seen!

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
(@protector)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

https://youtu.be/yif-5cKg1Yo Heard about this on TSP today. Should be a good learning experience. Quite a few popular actors so far. It's about to get real!

If you don't have much time the real action starts 45mins in.

What I've learned/ re learned from this movie. Stay below ground for at least two weeks. Ppl will try to break in to steal what you have. The government will be little to no help. Stay out of city or target areas. Hospitals will be overloaded and radiation sickness victims can't be helped. You must not let group members go obove ground in the first two weeks for even a min. Sanitation will be a big problem for most. Looting and survival will be the only choice for most. Be a good idea to completely bury basements now in good times. Don't let animals in your shelter unless you can water/ feed/ get rid of their waste.

What I already knew. Anyone coming in a shelter must be washed and clothes thrown away. You will be on your own. You need to filter the air coming in. Furnace filters can be used in a pinch.

This movie is scary today! Imagine in 1984! Hollywood actors great movie!

Nuclear Survival Skills PDF and newer editions!: http://www.oism.org/nwss/

Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

In short, everyone dies (looking like a zombie). The end. 🙂

An interesting post. Thanks Protector!

None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Everyone dies alright, and it wont be pretty. The last thought of survivability ended back in roughly 59. Those in the know already knew agriculture in the northern hemisphere would be done, but strangely thought that Argentina, and brazil would be able to resupply America, This was at a time before the war head and delivery build up drove warhead and missle delivery system numbers into the tens of 10s of thousands on both sides. There is no real disput on this. From the moment it happens, and if you live rural enough to survive the blasts. set aside two full years of not even being able to try growing anything. This means you will need to have stored 1 million calories per person just to get through the first year alive forget thoughts of growing. you now need another million calories to carry each person through the second year. Now three years out, maybe conditions for some limited gardening "might" be possible, but expect yields to be poor and things of poor quality, and its safety questionable.
I am basically saying if you don't have 3 million calories per person put away now , you are not going to survive. Not going to have a chance. and even if you had this much storage for each person in your family, your chances are still slim, do to other reasons....So think a nuclear war is winnable? don't bet on it!!
I s nuclear war preventable...absolutely..Where should your put your effort? How about in stopping this crazy mess.
I would expect to see at least two years of the worst weather conditions ever seen. homes caved in completely do to snow load on the roof in the winters, Septic tanks frozen rock solid and bursting the vessels. Forget traveling for resupply, or getting resupply unless you live along a major rail line as that's about all that will be moving in maybe after a year or two.It will be ugly in so many ways....I would be surprized if 10 percent of the rural population survived into year 3. Prevention is the only way to stop this out come

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Everyone dies alright, and it wont be pretty. The last thought of war is winnable? don't bet on it!!
survived into year 3. Prevention is the only way to stop this out come

Yeppers, screwed nine ways to Sunday. I like being resilient etc, but any large scale nuke war! Such a serious expenditure of resources. Nope, that survival scenario is something I am not prepping for. I will do what I can and hug those I love

ReplyQuote
Lee Enfield
(@lee-enfield)
Estimable Member

We were made to watch this in class in Grade 9. It certainly clouded my fourteen year old brain.

"A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for them; the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences." - Proverbs 22:3

"The man who has a garden and a library has everything." - Cicero

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network