April 29, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Movie Alone!

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@protector)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

The Movie Alone with Viggo mortheson really cemented my need to prep. Wandering a TEOTWAWKI world with 4 instead of 1 kid. Eating my dogs and cat to survive. Never safe. Never knowing where my next meal will come from. Bearly surviving. Knowing you can't run away from danger because you can't carry all those kids very far. I started to prepare because I wanted to give my family the best chance to survive and thrive in this changing world.

Everyone's more and more in debt. Crazy temperature swings, Terrorism, natural disasters, job loss, sickness, medication dependency, ppls inability to grow their own food. 

Bugging out was the very last resort after this movie.

https://youtu.be/x6arDlAAF4Y

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

The Movie Alone with Viggo mortheson really cemented my need to prep. Wandering a TEOTWAWKI world with 4 instead of 1 kid. Eating my dogs and cat to survive. Never safe. Never knowing where my next meal will come from. Bearly surviving. Knowing you can't run away from danger because you can't carry all those kids very far. I started to prepare because I wanted to give my family the best chance to survive and thrive in this changing world.

Everyone's more and more in debt. Crazy temperature swings, Terrorism, natural disasters, job loss, sickness, medication dependency, ppls inability to grow their own food. 

Bugging out was the very last resort after this movie.

https://youtu.be/x6arDlAAF4Y

Certainly agree with your desire for not bugging out. If a person lives in the city or suburbia, they must have a bug out location they are actively working on. It needs to be ready to immediately accept you and ideally sustain most of your needs for close to a a full year. Guessing many mistakes will be made with estimates on amount of wood to heat a place, things that break, extra long or harsh winter, perhaps a bad growing season and half your crops don’t take, maybe suffer an illness and it takes a key memeber out of the contributing pool etc.

If I look at the major cities I know in canada, one should be able to get to the site fairly easily.if one keeps an eye on a developing disaster, they can get out well in advance.

Bugging out with a few packs in mid winter won’t be my idea of fun. Buy land now and start with a ten by ten cabin, but operative word is “start”. And don’t stop. Nothing ever happens, you have a great cottage and fun place to go with the kids on the weekend! Win, win either way.

The setup you have protector looks mighty fine, congrats to you and all the best

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network