May 21, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

cross border shopping

21 Posts
14 Users
0 Reactions
(@hammer)
Estimable Member

Something I've been considering doing is asking friends across the border to be my delivery address, then "visiting" my friends for the weekend and returning with my goods. Could be risky I suppose. I don't know if I will do it, as the majority of what I *could* need i already have, and the rest can be ordered locally. I just don't like the idea of being watched 24/7 and having my purchases recorded somewhere.

Prepare for the worst
Hope for the best

ReplyQuote
(@maple-leaf-pilgrim)
Estimable Member

Something I've been considering doing is asking friends across the border to be my delivery address, then "visiting" my friends for the weekend and returning with my goods. Could be risky I suppose. I don't know if I will do it, as the majority of what I *could* need i already have, and the rest can be ordered locally. I just don't like the idea of being watched 24/7 and having my purchases recorded somewhere.

One has to be very careful in regards to doing anything like that. If you're busted at the border by C&BP you're in for a world of legal trouble. If the scheme gets detected the feds can (and have) come up to deal with people who have snuck ITAR items out of the USA.

-S.

"It's not what you have, but what you have done".

-S.

ReplyQuote
(@elrond)
Eminent Member

For those not paying attention, this thread started prior to both the last US Election and the Connecticut shooting. The ability for a Lame Duck President to push ridiculous political agendas has pushed US prices equal to or even higher than Canada for lots of stuff including most common calibers of ammo.

My advice: support your local economy and local gun-shops. If they have what you want, you should buy it. They may not get more for quite a while if it comes from the USA.

ReplyQuote
(@puceprepperz)

Hi everyone i just had and interesting conversation with a large local gun supply store manager.
When i asked about bringing in gun supplys from the US he told me that many items were being confiscated before the products ever made it to customs.
He also told me that dhs would watch licence plates of canadians in sporting goods stores and would have someone 100 yards from the border and pull over vehicles that matched the plate numbers found in the stores parking lots.
They would then confiscate any gun related equipment,holsters,straps,scopes anything to do with guns.
They would then tell people that they could arrest them for this,no compensation or anything.
He also told me of shortages of specific caliber rifles and ammunitions due to stock piling in the US.
Hand guns of various mfg were also in short supply and the Ruger company had a 2 year waiting list for new orders.
very scary my friends.

Its true, the US customs say its illegal to bring it accrossed the border, but its not illegal to sell it to you and the canadian customs allow it. so, if you arent stopped before the toll gate, you are fine, otherwise they take it. Buy in smaller amounts for less risk, I live 5 mins from detroit, shop there atleast 1 time per week and have NEVER been stopped by them. So.. yes they will take it, but you have to be singled out first. Park far enough away if you are worried that someone doesnt call in your plate, incase if someone is doing that.

ReplyQuote
 JMac
(@jmac)

I can confirm that US authorities do surveil businesses that sell firearms, etc. It happened to me approx 3 months after Cabelas opened in Tulalip. I was stopped at the gas station north of that Cabelas by 2 unmarked SUVs that had uniformed ATF agents. They asked me to step out of the vehicle and told me I had been stopped because my BC license plate was observed at Cabelas by ATF undercover officers. They were checking for ITAR compliance. Luckily I had mostly fishing gear at that time with two boxes of 30-06 ammo. Technically speaking the 30-06 ammo did violate ITARS but the agents didn't really care because it was only two boxes and that they were mostly looking for anything 5.556/223, ARs, AR parts, etc.

They also stated that they do surveil gun shows etc specifically looking for out of state plates etc.

Jmac

ReplyQuote
(@carbon04)
Honorable Member

of course they conducted surveillance and proactively ascertain if any offenses have been committed, but they certainly don't seize without lawful authority. that's crap spouted by fearmongers. they get paid to police alcohol, tobacco and 'firarms'. cbsa couldn't give a crap either, just make sure if your purchasing a restricted firearm in the us and transporting into Canada you not only declared but have 'in your possession' an att from the point you cross the border to your home address or gun club address.

"I think that I am very reasonable therefore ......." ICRCC

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network