May 17, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Offence & Defence

25 Posts
11 Users
0 Reactions
(@kinglawrence)
Topic starter  

My main thing as a prepper Is substainable ammunition,when SHTF and you are bugging out.And you get too your bugout area,sooner or later you will be running out of food and ammunition,but too keep this short we will talk about ammunition,If all hell breakouts they will first call in the military then as It worsens,when the dirty deeds need too be done, they will call In the Blue Hats NATO,our own soldiers will not hunt us down, so they will need Nato soldiers too do their deeds,that Is why my firearms are all nato compatible,just a little tid bit I think we should be aware of, 762.51mm 5.56 and the 9mm If you own these firearms then their would be no shortage of rounds,Iam a ex ssf soldier that Is why I see the offence side of prepping,call me crazy for thinking this way ,let me know what you think thanks Larry

peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

My main thing as a prepper Is substainable ammunition,when SHTF and you are bugging out.And you get too your bugout area,sooner or later you will be running out of food and ammunition,but too keep this short we will talk about ammunition,If all hell breakouts they will first call in the military then as It worsens,when the dirty deeds need too be done, they will call In the Blue Hats NATO,our own soldiers will not hunt us down, so they will need Nato soldiers too do their deeds,that Is why my firearms are all nato compatible,just a little tid bit I think we should be aware of, 762.51mm 5.56 and the 9mm If you own these firearms then their would be no shortage of rounds,Iam a ex ssf soldier that Is why I see the offence side of prepping,call me crazy for thinking this way ,let me know what you think thanks Larry

Well I wont call you crazy, how about miss prioritised. My experience ( after a roof over your head) is heat, that's right good old fashioned heat is the main thing. I have grown accustomed to being warm, in a country that's often below 0 for 7 months of the year, and I have observed this below 0 thing, occurring every year without fail, heat plays a very important part in my life. I have grown accustomed to being above 0.
So sustainable firewood is high on my list.
A full belly is a close tie though, and this hunger thing does seem to happen every day,or so I have observed, so right up there is being able to grow a few staples of food to carry me through a winter should I ever be snowed in and the snow plow doesnt come. I don't know what you are talking about when you say our soldiers wont follow orders, they will do what ever they are instructed to do period. The chain of command is one way. Larry how can you not know the blue hats are us. I am not making this up, we are part of Nato, I wish we were not due to what its become but we are, the googler will confirm this.
When I think of where ammunition comes in for me as a priority, well it doesn't even make the list..... You did ask...always a dangerous thing to do..

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Because you asked...

I don't get the whole soldiers will turn against us thing. Try and find reports about High River floods and the gun-grabbing conspiracy and you'll find that soldiers, officers and commanders at all level went to great lengths of effort to NOT get involved into any kind of law enforcement actions. Canadian soldiers are Canadian citizens so why would they turn on their own people? As for the UN... the average UN mission couldn't organize its way out of a wet paper bag so I'm not too concerned about UN troops coming to enforce law and order in Canada. This regardless of what JWR says.

Finally, I never really understood the principle of getting a weapon that is Mil ammo compatible simply on account that there would be piles of said ammo to be found. I don't think soldiers would simply abandon ammo left and right. If you're implying picking it off dead soldiers, then arguably you can also get their weapons, n gating the need to acquire one now. Lastly, in my opinion, planning on ammo being available off dead troops is a bit like financial planning based on inheritance: poor plan, it might not happen.

So... roof, heat, food, first aid/medical, guns and ammo.... check.

ReplyQuote
(@term0shad)
Estimable Member

Well if they have time body and all gone. If not odds are Weapons and ammo would be gone. Do to the fact i personal would take what i could. Before i left a body or friend behind. Most military people would take what they could before they left. Can never have too much ammo. More the better.

ReplyQuote
(@kinglawrence)
Topic starter  

Obviously you would have shelter and what ever first, I was not doing a top 10 priority list,I was throwing out a scenario that could happen on shtf scenario,when I was in military I would never hurt civilians especially women and children that was taboo,I would take out my superior before that.
Morals have changed,but I dont think that bad since I was In.
This Is why they would use UN troops too do the dirty deeds,Canada Is part of the UN, so dont think they wont use Nato soldiers too hunt us down,that are lacking in morals,my point Is when they do check points, camps etc I have all the ammo I need,Iam not going too say how I would get It,that Is a no brainer, read between the lines hence offence as a prepper, quote Cassius Clay( fly like a butterfly sting like a bee) here Is a vid about the UN https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GTBbZ-dEYw well just my humble opinion bye for now Larry 😀

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Just having an hypothetical discussion here. Why would UN troops end up in Canada? And if so, where from? Assuming an apocalyptic type situation (economic collapse, EMP over the US, etc) then arguably the entire western free world would be involved and dealing with the aftermath. So that would leave troops from some 3rd world country that arguably are already constatny needed to get things under control (ish, big big ish) in their own country. So why would they end up in Canada? Those nations normally send troops on UN missions because the UN pays them (usually the troops only get a few pennies on the dollars paid to those countries), so what would happen if there is an economic collapse or even just if the US is in disarray? The US falling means there would be global consequences on markets and such. No money to pay means no troops. And again, under a UN mandate, the mission would be a farce. Ask Romeo Dallaire or the PPCLI troops at Medak Pocket.

Anyway, yes, guns in 5.56, .308/7.62x51 and 9 mm make sense. Even if just the fact that they are commonly available now and can be bought in large quantities for cheap. Not sure it would be readily available in SHTF simply because you'd get to pick the pockets of the first soldier you drop.

ReplyQuote
(@kinglawrence)
Topic starter  

Here Is a couple clips https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7SIRm3BuuU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpkH-tuV_sA
this Is Alan Watt he Is bang on too things too come here Is one of his blogs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGDzzSmh-WQ

ReplyQuote
(@kinglawrence)
Topic starter  

Well said 😉

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

read between the lines hence offence as a prepper, quote Cassius Clay( fly like a butterfly sting like a bee) well just my humble opinion bye for now Larry 😀

There aren't likely a lot of people on here who seen him when he was boxing, but I am one, also one who can read between the lines.
You can appropriate his expressions , but can you fill his boots?
Most you younger pups wont know that name was what he considered his family's given slave name. He had long since changed it to the name Mohammad Ali. Not a lot of people earn their name....he did.
Its a very brave back handed way to insult a dead man, here is what happened to those who tried to insult him with his families slave name in person...... it doesn't go well... this is from 66 or 67.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu2bW70K6JE 2.45 minutes, work safe

and for general interest, if your interested, regarding Mohammad Ali....he earned with his fists, but his thoughts were clearly expressed, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd9aIamXjQI

and just for fun...This is 76-77 he is 10 years or more past his prime, and he is still too fast for his opponent to land a punch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amFJhqAuxsg

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@kinglawrence)
Topic starter  

Listen Iam not politcally correct and never will be,anyone that converts too Islam Is a pedophile and homosexual that Is what the Koran Is about,that Is why they convert,because they are perverted,Ali knew what he was doing,you talk about his slave name, what has that too do with anything,before you back up Ali you should check into why he converted,here Is A catchy song that about who MOHAMEED ALI FOLLOWED https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX6WwKKI62Q,take care

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

Listen Iam not politcally correct and never will be,anyone that converts too Islam Is a pedophile and homosexual that Is what the Koran Is about,that Is why they convert,because they are perverted,Ali knew what he was doing,you talk about his slave name, what has that too do with anything,before you back up Ali you should check into why he converted,here Is A catchy song that about who MOHAMEED ALI FOLLOWED https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX6WwKKI62Q,take care

Oh yeah! a reason to try out my new tool I installed called the "ban hammer"
works well.
this is not a place to spew political or religious views...plenty of places on the internet for that.
This isn't one of them.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Well, that went weird fast....

I guess from the get go, this had something fishy (or is it trolly?). Starting off with, I'm getting mil ammo so I can get it off dead troops (I killed) because one day our government will turn our troops - or UN's - against us, makes me a tad uncomfortable. Perhaps the difference between prepper and survivalist; or why saying one is a prepper makes the word sound taboo.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Well, that went weird fast....

I guess from the get go, this had something fishy (or is it trolly?)

I didn't size it up as Trolly, though at first glance it may seem so, rather I am certain he is sincere in his thoughts. He had the characteristics of a typical 3 %, They stared forming up, and patching up after trumps win down south.The language used is exactly what you will find on there social networks, I know because I joined, not because I am one, but I do like to keep my eye on the stupid, especially the armed stupid, in my province.
Check them out yourself and see if you don't agree...each one seems to fantasize about being the leader of seal team 666, but considering how much ammo they think they need, I suspect they miss a lot! 😀

ReplyQuote
(@hopeimready)
Reputable Member

One consideration, kinglawrence, is that to be TRULY ready, you should consider ammo you can reload on your own, as compared to buying/stockpiling.

Also thanks, Denob, I second that 🙂

HopeImReady
"The thing about smart mother f*ckers, is that they sometimes sound like crazy mother f*ckers to dumb mother f*ckers." -Abraham .”

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Well, good thing from this is I was prompted to view a few fights of Ali...Parkinsons was starting to affect him by 72 but just look at some of these black and white clips from the 60s . He could dodge a punch with such speed that he often didn't even raise his hands to block one, he would lower his arms just inviting his opponent to swing at him...top of his game..a cat with a mouse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkhpZoPOfZI 4 minutes long, work safe

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network