May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

B.C. prepper and prospector looking for worker guy

12 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
(@ahbou-daddy)
Topic starter  

good day all, Ahbou-Daddy here with a social experiament for anybody interested.

some brief info first of all, to better understand the experiament.
with no retirement fund, or savings to fall back on, i decided to research the frontiersmen. then prospecting, and geology. i grew up in the bush so i thaught it shouldnt be too hard to get back there.but it is... the years of city living and working industry have spoiled me.
conversations with my wife and kids ultimately led us to this decision, we want to homestead. there needs to be a plan. proper research and training are mandatory. a form of self employment off the land is essential. a network must be in place. and a support group vital to survival.
with those basic requirements we went further, i got a truck and camper, went to the mountains and toured 10,000 miles of B.C. picking the best agricultural land, protected environments, banana belts, rain forests, high mountain regions, deep river valleys, and there is so much area, vast tracts of land suitable but.. maybe too isolated, too rugged, not enough water, too much rain or moisture, not fertile enough for crops...and on and on. i remind you i have no money saved up, so heres the thing.....

i walked into B.C. gov office and filled a free miner certificate for 25$, placed a placer claim for 100$ which gives me half km by half km square. following the requirements of my placer claim i set camp and prep my claim. on the first day my claim assesment work is done for the year and the claim paid for. i go back to gov office get a wood cutting permit and nw have rights to cutting fire wood for sale. with two potential forms of income in place i expanded my network.

well id like to try it again with someone wanting to give it a go. with a bit more knowledge and some experiance now i think i can actualy call it an experiament. every gain will be 50/50. the goal will be to establish a good base camp and begin scouting for that spot. to prepare timbers, light landscapeing, and blue print layout.{not real blue print-just diagrams} and mapping of the area.
with the gains from other income purchase a rough plot, or through development of a society aquire a plot of land, or from regisering a company and have the company buy a plot of land, well now theres a few options. even if the gold claim were to register as a gold mine co. it would be a legal entity and could also purchase land plots. and here-in lies the experiament.........

yes ill take any suitable partner. share all i have, to create that society, community, homestead. to work the claim, and develop the home front, to ultimately have the family live out there full time. for , the partners, friends and family... equaly and without discrimination. now having said what i said and with so much not said all kinds of subjects pop up. all requirements must be met at step one. same with step two. then doors open after that such as getting your placer liscence, then a corperate liscence..which gives you gov auctions, land track deals, and tax cuts. bla bla bla.

in short lets get together and work a gold claim, the long version is we end up with a frontier home and income. the bonus is we learn from our mistakes and do better next time.

im just throwing the idea out there so far, im heading out in march, so by late april the snow will be gone, thats when areas should open up. unless snow shoes and skis are your thing...
im looking forward to the comments, should stir it up a bit im quessing.
Ahbou-Daddy of parts known... thx for your time

" Paro-Conservo-Servo "

(@ahbou-daddy)
Topic starter  

the area im in is the B.C. cariboo region, between williams lake and prince george, within 40 km of quesnel. one site is in cottonwood river valley, and another up by umity creek. there is access to fresh virgin ground yet to be proved, and other proven grounds to work. fish and wildlife are abundant, as is edible wild. friends of the cause number around a dozen active and two dozen in kind. a basic support network is in place.

" Paro-Conservo-Servo "

ReplyQuote
(@screedcrete)
Estimable Member

Can you give us some more info to go on please? A second plot from an alternate source of income from cutting wood? Have you ever actually panned for gold? I don't think you have for more than a short days time because if you had you would realize its back breaking work to say the least! You want to put in more hours falling and chopping firewood for people that lilve that way anyway? Dude,.. you would have to sell wood at less than half the cost to sell a thing. However you would really be lured by that gold Im sure so torn at what to actually do, Im sorry that Im feeling so sarcastic but this board is for feeling ideas and things out. Bringing things out into the open so we can all understand and gain something from this. Are you telling me you are bringing up your family for an "experiment" What am I missing here? You will give 50% of what if you have no plan, no alternative plan, no income, no shelter, no food,…. Why do I come and look for gold?

Whatever tomorrow brings,… I will be there! 😉

ReplyQuote
(@preppersaurus)
Reputable Member

Heya Ahbou-Daddy,

Was up panning in the Cottonwood area a few years ago. Very Rich. Should do well there.

You've Got To Be Tough, If You're Going To Be Stupid.

ReplyQuote
(@singlecell)
Estimable Member

Can you give us some more info to go on please? A second plot from an alternate source of income from cutting wood? Have you ever actually panned for gold? I don't think you have for more than a short days time because if you had you would realize its back breaking work to say the least! You want to put in more hours falling and chopping firewood for people that lilve that way anyway? Dude,.. you would have to sell wood at less than half the cost to sell a thing. However you would really be lured by that gold Im sure so torn at what to actually do, Im sorry that Im feeling so sarcastic but this board is for feeling ideas and things out. Bringing things out into the open so we can all understand and gain something from this. Are you telling me you are bringing up your family for an "experiment" What am I missing here? You will give 50% of what if you have no plan, no alternative plan, no income, no shelter, no food,…. Why do I come and look for gold?

This.

Sell it, man. Sell the idea. You sound like a madman, looking for a slave to follow you around.

ReplyQuote
(@ahbou-daddy)
Topic starter  

yes man, holy cow. hahaha...
a Dude is a pimple on a horses ass, lol... been running claims for five years, started by researching, training with prospectors, learning geology, history of mining, iv camped on top of gold, walked on gold, seen golden valleys, and seennuggets the size of my fist. iv crushed gold and quartz, extracted mercury, used nitric acid, lv'e sold on the market, cut roads, blazed trails, performed search and rescue, worked remote site settings most of my life. i grew up in the bush falling and bucking trees by axe, ill take a chainsaw anyday. the accumulation of timber adds up, the process of this is simple. if you have experiance. if a wing nut shows up iv instructed them to leave, calm heads prevail and safety first. the ideal is to teach the willing, have you ever flipped a coin and it lands ballanced on edge? the third side of the coin...another way to do things not just one. what works can surprise you.
the placer mine is hard work to prep, but once ponds and run off are set up, and equipmement in place iv found running only two hours a day good, but i dont need a lot. i got over an ounce in 20 minutes, and the first partner took off with all the gold so... beware the cardinal rule, dont f.ck with the gold!
as for the fire wood, according to provincial stewardship agreements under the placer liscence standing deadfall is a hazard and can be cut down, you are allowed to cut a number of green trees by aplication, and with wood lot permission or a fire wood permit sources are plentifull. on one schedule my partner and i worked a claim for a week, then went fishing for three weeks while we marked out trees and bunched them by roads for easy pick up later on. work smart, not hard right? right now there are about a dozen friends networked in placer minning, and another dozen folks active in kind, that is they donate tools, food, or other services..plus members of their families.
over all between all members we have access to approx 3000 acres to operate placer claims, legal cells, al steps must be completed before proceeding to the next.
im doing this for me, i enjoy that lifestyle, i dont need lots of money just a happy family. maybe one day ill have lots, but all id really like to see is a homestead for everyone. yes that takes time, and effort, you get what you give....the richness of friendship and support. i have an amature blog site at http://www.freerangecanadians.blogspot.com Free Range Canadians, prepare preserve protect.
i look forward to critique...hahaha...i quess i do sound mad. crazy thing is its working at the two claims, so the third is the evolution...all info from the others, the trail of gold, geologicaly narrowed down to that zone....dn dun dunnnn.... but wait, the assay report come back rich in mineral deposit, spread over an area of about twenty claims, enough for many families ...without greed. now iv said too much, the nay sayers say no one is like that anymore, but i say aye! SHTF soon... one form or another and we need each other, maybe im mad, a little crazy, but iv met people who didnt know they were mad and it didnt turn out well. so anyway...theres a bit more.

" Paro-Conservo-Servo "

ReplyQuote
(@ahbou-daddy)
Topic starter  

totaly fell off the track of the experiament.

looking for someone with low or no income, doesnt have much, but wants to organize with others to become self sufficient over time, supplemented by work share with other miner guys, to aquire a plot of land for homestead, develop off grid water pressure by ram pump, fuel-less generator, septic and hugle culture gardens, earth ram home or earthship design, under equal partnership. straight up. using materials milled by hand, recycled, or donated.
its a long term plan, so im thinking someone says "sure" and decides to come out later on, after they look into it, talk about stuff, if its up your alley i put your name on the title as well, then we start. main family camp site, with perimeter. get placer claim, do one days assesment, evaluate the samples, establish aplication of mining. winter is out of the question, so by the end of summer they will know if its what they are looking for. if not then self employment should be at hand. we work together when needed and support the cause. i learned from working for others, i will work with you, and we can cut to the chase hopefully. by the winter of 2016 i expect to spend the winter in them hills. everyone should have a home and the amount of land it takes to support the family. thats the goal

although i do see smoke on the horizon,and the world stability isnt right, todays quality of life in canada is great. so it does make a great claim to work, and nice family camping,
and in the event of SHTF its a bit of comfort.

" Paro-Conservo-Servo "

ReplyQuote
(@singlecell)
Estimable Member

totaly fell off the track of the experiament.

looking for someone with low or no income, doesnt have much, but wants to organize with others to become self sufficient over time, supplemented by work share with other miner guys, to aquire a plot of land for homestead, develop off grid water pressure by ram pump, fuel-less generator, septic and hugle culture gardens, earth ram home or earthship design, under equal partnership. straight up. using materials milled by hand, recycled, or donated.
its a long term plan, so im thinking someone says "sure" and decides to come out later on, after they look into it, talk about stuff, if its up your alley i put your name on the title as well, then we start. main family camp site, with perimeter. get placer claim, do one days assesment, evaluate the samples, establish aplication of mining. winter is out of the question, so by the end of summer they will know if its what they are looking for. if not then self employment should be at hand. we work together when needed and support the cause. i learned from working for others, i will work with you, and we can cut to the chase hopefully. by the winter of 2016 i expect to spend the winter in them hills. everyone should have a home and the amount of land it takes to support the family. thats the goal

although i do see smoke on the horizon,and the world stability isnt right, todays quality of life in canada is great. so it does make a great claim to work, and nice family camping,
and in the event of SHTF its a bit of comfort.

Yeah. I'll tell you right now man, because I've heard this crap a million times. A person with low or no income should not be following a strange dude with no or little financial prospects into the woods. I got beef with this, because theirs a lot of people in the world who are willing to exploit unemployed people(mental illness, low intelligence or zero available prospects.) who don't know their rights.

You ever seen the movie Nightcrawler? It just came out, this is the type of scenario these things turn out to be. Taking advantage of a "sidekick".

Someone with a strong back, and little or no income, should consider going back to school, organize what needs to be done to get their life back on track, find a good and rewarding job, and become a responsible taxpaying citizen. This idea stinks man. I advise you to find another way to make money. This idea sounds nuts, and your literacy does not lend any doubt to that hypothesis.

ReplyQuote
(@ahbou-daddy)
Topic starter  

this is a no brainer, at ease grunt. relax, find the happy spot in your heart, if you cant read between the lines then look at the picture. i started with no money, no retirement fund, no savings, and still dont have a retirement fund. bla bla bla....
i offer myself as a partner, i will work with you... on our claim, with their name in ownership as well, nothing in here says its all about me? or are you a gov group set out to raise question, subterfuge... because iv read over what i wrote, and i can tell it is sincere, however you give no correction, or direction other than BAAAA...BAAAAA.....

i will meet you in B.C. for a coffe and chat about stuff, ill take you out to the camp and show you... but if you cant take the time to check out what your talking about i find it hard to take you for real. dont know why i would take advantage of anyone and just for you to be that strong maybe its you with the problem and your just lashing out. either way the offer stands, i invite you out as my guest. cant imagine making you work if you didnt want to, can you? or maybe your scared of the wilderness, then this isnt for you. but if you are interested ill help make that transition and we both will have a friend when SHTF.
proud of my canadian heritage, i stand with all my brothers and sisters.

" Paro-Conservo-Servo "

ReplyQuote
(@singlecell)
Estimable Member

this is a no brainer, at ease grunt. relax, find the happy spot in your heart, if you cant read between the lines then look at the picture. i started with no money, no retirement fund, no savings, and still dont have a retirement fund. bla bla bla....
i offer myself as a partner, i will work with you... on our claim, with their name in ownership as well, nothing in here says its all about me? or are you a gov group set out to raise question, subterfuge... because iv read over what i wrote, and i can tell it is sincere, however you give no correction, or direction other than BAAAA...BAAAAA.....

i will meet you in B.C. for a coffe and chat about stuff, ill take you out to the camp and show you... but if you cant take the time to check out what your talking about i find it hard to take you for real. dont know why i would take advantage of anyone and just for you to be that strong maybe its you with the problem and your just lashing out. either way the offer stands, i invite you out as my guest. cant imagine making you work if you didnt want to, can you? or maybe your scared of the wilderness, then this isnt for you. but if you are interested ill help make that transition and we both will have a friend when SHTF.
proud of my canadian heritage, i stand with all my brothers and sisters.

Fair enough man. I was being kinda rude. I'm sorry for that. I can see you don't mean any harm, and once again i apologize. Nah don't get me wrong. It sounds like a WICKED hobby. Something I'd love to do over the weekend, or I'd even put in vacation time to do it quite honestly.

It's just my beliefs in prepping have altered from what they once were. I believe in making very logical and calculated decisions regarding financial matters, I don't think it's discussed enough. And I'm more then guilty! I used to be an art student, an illustrator and a writer for crying out loud, luckily I'm still young enough to turn it around, and I want the same for others.

This isn't about clearing 6 figures a year either, this is about be PREPPED financially. To have multiple resources of income and many backup plans in case something goes wrong. Hell, economic instability is less then a year away with what's happening in Alberta!! Check out this guys blog, I love his ideas, and he JUST wrote this article a few days ago.

http://graywolfsurvival.com/

ReplyQuote
PrepandReady
(@prepandready)
Eminent Member

Just wondering how the last year went? How are you progressing? Would like to hear more!

ReplyQuote
albertaborn
(@albertaborn)
Trusted Member

Ahbou-Daddy ... You and I might have a huge amount of common ground ... Maybe we should have that coffe sometime.
I spend some time north of Quesnel very regularly.
I know these posts are a bit old but unless you curled up under a rock your still at it.

Things I say are my opinion, which is like belly buttons everybody has one.
Anything I say is not meant to anger or offend just to encourage discussion between adults.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network