May 21, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

combat tough street clothes

16 Posts
11 Users
0 Reactions
(@moraguy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

With all the tactical companies out there like OpsGear and Blackhawk making great gear, who makes the best toughest longest lasting street looking clothing you can get. I ask the question because I dont want to be walking around in full camouflage looking like a soldier, I want to blend in with everyone else but still know I have good gear on.

(@underprepared)
Estimable Member

I wear lots of TruSpec clothing. It's comfortable and wears well. I used to buy 511 but found the pants didn't last.
There are many variations of BDU's, etc... nowadays.

ReplyQuote
(@maple-leaf-pilgrim)
Estimable Member

I have been using quite a few providers of discreet tactical gear on the sharp end for the last few years.

5.11, Woolrich and VERTX are the front runners.

I'm not gonna get into details, Google is your friend.

-S.

"It's not what you have, but what you have done".

-S.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

+1 for VERTX! Functional, tough, but don't look like special forces wanna be.

ReplyQuote
cernunnos5
(@cernunnos5)
Noble Member

Dungaree, or thicker, construction pants. They will hold together when you bounce off concrete and some resistance against Knife slashes. High density wool sweater like military surplus. Only wool. Only high density. The higher density the better. Its mini chainmail against a slash and offers some protection when hitting asphalt. Jump boots. Boots are weapons. A boot to the head is no joke. Its death or brain damage. Soccer shin guards are easily concealable. A boot to the shins will stop most. Ive known people to where thick weight lifting belts to protect against knife attacks to the lower organs of the back.

I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

ReplyQuote
cernunnos5
(@cernunnos5)
Noble Member

I've been eying this for a couple years now.
http://www.marks.com/shop/en/marks-marksdefaultsalescatalog/herpa-lined-sierra-jacket-17189
Its casual. Visually neutral, It'll slow a knife or give decent protection wile choking out an attack dog. Its the right camo color without being camo. It gives a hood when you need to protect your identity or stay warm. Its very grey man. Very Class neutral. It wouldn't stand out in either the Lower East Side or West Van Hills or Surrey. It should last for decades

I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

ReplyQuote
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member

Don't forget to add a pair of these to your ensemble. Not touting this brand or site over any other. Just an example.

http://www.policesupplies.ca/Gloves.htm#Hatch

I own lots of camo clothing but mostly wear it only when hunting etc. Tend to go with the Dickies/TSC kind of clothes when out and about. Just another schmo moving with the herd.

I do tend to dress really downmarket if I'm going to a socially depressed area. If it's pawnshop day I'm dressed like a bum lol.

Maple Leaf, Question on the 5.11 tuxedo. Do you feel that someone that knows this type of clothing will pick you out of a crowd as a threat or operator etc.

ReplyQuote
(@maple-leaf-pilgrim)
Estimable Member

The "tuxedo", wow, I haven't heard that phrase since I was last working Af-Pak. It's not just the outfit, but the way you move. A well trained Operator can handle moving about in a crowd with a compact carbine and low profile rack unnoticed let alone sporting this type of clothing. I'll be honest, I've marked X-rays who were trying to blend simply based upon the little things. It's as much attitude as it is kit.

-S.

"It's not what you have, but what you have done".

-S.

ReplyQuote
(@lone_ranger63)

I have been using Duluth trading company pants, very tough, comfortable

ReplyQuote
The Island Retreat
(@the-island-retreat)
Reputable Member

Carharts ...

Check out Canadian Prepper Podcast on iTunes!

One is none, two is one.

ReplyQuote
(@ballisticprepper)
Eminent Member

I have been using carhart as well. Performs well jumping over fences, hiking through brush, and never seem to rip in the toughest of brawls. I have some sets that I used back in the "under cover days" I still have them and they keep up thier rugged looks. Marks will even replace them if they would happen to rip. Hasn't happened yet.

ReplyQuote
(@ottawalonewolf)
Trusted Member

I have my TAD gear Stealth jacket since 2009. I sure abuse it with anything nature can throw
it is really good jacket

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I know alot of pilots and one just turned me onto this website http://www.helicoptersonly.com/contents/en-us/d16.html

I set it to the jump suits area as they have a digital camo flight suit (full coveralls) for only $50. I used to wear similar type in ambulance and they are comfortable and quick to dress up. They are cool in the summer and mosquitos would find less areas to bite you if in heavily wooded areas and such. I was shown this site at the time because of the zip up combat boots and told they too were very comfortable and sturdy.

Looks to be a great prepper's site too.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Knuckle,

There is one huge inconvenience with wearing a coverall (or flightsuit) in the bush for any extended period of time : relieving one self... That's why there are 2 pieces flight suits for tactical helicopter guys πŸ˜‰

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Knuckle,

There is one huge inconvenience with wearing a coverall (or flightsuit) in the bush for any extended period of time : relieving one self... That's why there are 2 pieces flight suits for tactical helicopter guys πŸ˜‰

I was wondering how long it would take for you to grab the bait πŸ˜† Them pilots can sniff a chopper link a mile away....I know there are disadvantages to a jumpsuit but the price is bonus and movement is easy like your wearing your PJ's. πŸ˜† And I don't need to take too many dumps just yet. πŸ™„ I might have to try one out yet but have enough camo already I suspect. 8-)Might snag a pair of them boots first though!

I have a fair amount of Carheart clothes and agree that they are tough but I mostly wear Walmart cargo pants at $20 pair and they too hold up near as well at half the price.

Mechanic type gloves I love to work wearing but for the price, seems most don't last long these days. In fact, I'm hard on all gloves when working with steel and welding, thus I usually set a limit of $15 pair when shopping for even a good pair. Seems just the plain old leather work gloves are toughest still at about $8 -$10 pair or mig gloves(like motorcycle gauntlets) at $12.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network