May 21, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Anyone had hands on experience of the Arcus 98DA

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@prepper22)
Topic starter  

I am hoping to get one, as soon as my ticket comes through, God knows when that is, ONLY BEEN 4 MONTHS, so far, You would think I was applying to be 007 or something.
Anyway, just wanted to know, if anyone has one, or has had one, or know someone with one, so I can get some first hand feed back on these 9mm pistols. I have read a lot, watched those youtube vids, but still data collecting on them.

Thanks! 🙂

(@maple-leaf-pilgrim)
Estimable Member

Okay, cards on the table, this is pistol ,in essence, is a complete unknown. Are you planning on depending on this firearm for self defense in a SHTF scenario? If you answer yes to this question, then I would say look at a rifle or carbine in a rifle caliber. Honestly I never knew this pistol existed until you posted it here and I stumbled across it. I looked at the pics and thought, "hey, that looks like a Browning High Power" and several of the reviews do in fact say the same thing, but not in so many words.

My first warning sign was that it is imported from Bulgaria by Century Arms, not really known for importing usable firearms. Which brings up another question. Can you get it into Canada? If so, what's the price point all in? If it'll cost you $1,100.00 to get it here (including Pistol, shipping, taxes, Import fees), you're better off buying a real Browning. Sorry to be a downer, but if you're going to plan to rely on this thing to save your life in the future, save some more. Guns and ammo are cheap, what's your life worth?

-S.

"It's not what you have, but what you have done".

-S.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Older thread but jumping in...

Did you get your pistol? I'd be curious to hear about the all-in cost. As MLPilgrim said, if it's a clone of the BHP, you may want to have a look at other options. If this is your first piece, may I suggest something a bit more "standard"? If you want a collectible piece then...

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network