April 28, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Climate Change

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I came across this link on another blog. Northern climates are evolving at ever increasing dramatic rates. These changes will impact our Canadian climate, how exactly remains to be seen.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2012/sep/17/arctic-collapse-sea-ice

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

From the article

"These include reflecting the sun's rays back into space, making clouds whiter and seeding the ocean with minerals to absorb more CO2."

Gee, I wonder if spraying Aluminum and Barium into the sky would do that? Oh wait, Chemtrails are a conspiracy....until proven FACT!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I did not want to say anything but I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing Gravlore. It would be an explanation for dumping large amounts of material into the atmosphere. It may also explain the increase in noctilucent clouds and the incidents if them being sighted further south. It is a little beyond me why they would be attempting something like this. if in fact they are, without explaining what and why they are doing it. Performing terraforming on the only planet on which we can live is a frightening thought.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Man has dealt with adversity when the earth changes. Why must we tamper with earth cycles of heating and cooling? But like everything the perception that or what is law will keep everyone in check while we get poisoned.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

What worries me that if this is what they are doing it at best is based on a best guess as what the outcome would be. We can get ourselves into deep trouble when we start to experiment on a planet wide scale.

Look at Freon, DuPonts brand name for chloroflurocarbons (CFCs). They were introduced in the 1920's. They later became the chemical of choice for refrigeration. As old units failed and were desposed of Freon escaped into the atmosphere. By the 1970's it was discovered that these CFCs had a destructive effect on the ozone layer. By 1987 there was consensus to reduce their use by 2002 most countries stopped producing them. In 2007 two hundred countries agreed to eliminate them entirely by 2020. It has been estimated that 5,791 kilotons of CFCs are present in existing products like refrigerators. This, unless it is disposed of properly will end up in the atmosphere. The bad news is that CFCs have a life span of up to 100 years in the atmosphere! Not a good outlook for the ozone layer. Also China and Brazil are two countries that are still producing and increasing their production of CFCs.

Obviously I am not a CFC fan but the point I was making is that a chemical was introduced into use in 1920, fifty years later it was found to be detrimental to the atmosphere and all surface life on earth. It took 67 years before steps were taken to curb its use and 87 years before there was almost consensus on not producing it. The effects of CFCs will continue to deplete the ozone layer for another 120 years before it can start to fully repair itself. In total a 200 year folly.

Making any planet wide "adjustments" to the atmosphere for whatever reason, regardless of good intentions, could have long lasting consequences beyond our current comprehension. There are some realms where man should not tread, even if he is able.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I agree with your entire post. Sad situation we are in indeed.

ReplyQuote
 Syn
(@syn)
Reputable Member

A wealth of informative podcasts at Radio Ecoshock offer many many informed opinions.

http://www.ecoshock.org/

Dr. Guy McPhersons latest talk on near term extinction due to climate change drivers :

http://guymcpherson.com/2013/10/presentation-in-boulder-colorado/

ReplyQuote
(@averna)

I did a search earlier today on global warming and the forecast time line which was interesting. What I got from that was that basically, scientists predict that in about 100 years, large portions of the earth will be rendered uninhabitable. Lots of writers came up with lists of better cities to be in, but in general, coastlines and closer to the equatorial areas are places to clear out from.
I thought this made sense:
Author Giles Slade contends in his 2013 book, American Exodus, that we all may be heading for northern Canada when global warming’s fury really starts to kick in. “The safest places will be significant communities in the north that are not isolated, that have abundant water, that have the possibility of agricultural self-sufficiency, that have little immediate risk of forest fires, that are well elevated, and that are built on solid rock,” he writes. “Our northern lands are our Noah’s ark—a vital refuge against the moment of mankind’s greatest need.”

Time to get going on that B&B in northern BC.

Averna

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network