April 28, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Rising Radiation Levels

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@morningcoffee)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

We have had a meter for quite some time (in Edmonton) and I have noticed that our high readings have been rising and our lows aren't quite as low as they were about a year ago. Has anyone else been keeping tabs on this and have they noticed similar increases?

"It's better to look ahead and prepare than to look back and regret"

(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

hmmm, I thought it was interesting and have been watching to see if anyone else would comment, guess not.. keep tracking and see what you get.. thanks for sharing what you where seeing

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

Can you post the records your keeping. Would be interested to see the swing.

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
cernunnos5
(@cernunnos5)
Noble Member

Its not my area of expertise but I did have a thought on the matter. Alberta, fracking and Natural gas. When they are flaring those wells, it will be moving natural occurring radioactive material from deep underground and sending it into the atmosphere.

I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

ReplyQuote
(@morningcoffee)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I have been tracking on a site called Nuclear Emergency Tracking Centre. That has been a good indicator of whether our meter is reading accurately and it has shown itself to be in sync with a North Edmonton/St Albert monitoring location. There are sometimes some variations but given our physical distance not surprising. The one that seems to be more consistent is Terrace, BC. When they have a high reading, we get one "awhile" later. It can vary from 15 minutes to a longer period by which time their levels have dropped. The sites they are using will give a high and a low reading, and the highs keep moving up. A year or so ago, the readings were 23 on the high end and 5 on the low end. We still show the lowest ever recorded at the location as 5 (which I have never seen in the past 2 years or so) and the highs are now at 42. A month or so ago, the "high" reading was 39. The other Alberta station seems to identify as Strathcona County, but on the map is actually in Lac La Biche, but it is consistently lower than Edmonton. They are in close proximity to a number of oilfield operations. Whitehorse has lower readings than we do, and are usually in a similar position on the jet stream. If anyone else has a counter it might be interesting to track further east or even Northern BC or more data from Alberta. I will continue to watch these levels. Thanks for the ideas

ReplyQuote
(@morningcoffee)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Here we go again. Edmonton had a "maximum" high level of 42 cpm earlier this week and we are now showing a high of 45 cpm. We are currently in the lower 20's so it must have occurred in the overnight period. I have been monitoring a wind site that shows wind speeds coming across the Pacific. It seems like there is an eddy for these winds today that are close to the Aleutians and then the jet stream/wind currents seem to be spitting the winds our direction. Terrace BC monitoring station doesn't seem to be impacted as much as we are. Other readings into the Northwestern US (Idaho) are rising as well, but they could be impacted by something totally unrelated in their region.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network