May 02, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Frontier House Show

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@gallowshumour)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I see on the landing page for the Prepper's Network a link to the show Frontier House. Does anyone remember the Canadian version that I think preceded it, Pioneer Quest: A Year in the Real West? There's also Alone in the Wilderness, the story of Richard Proenneke living in the Alaska wilderness; you can see it on Youtube. I think he was there 30 years.

(@denob)
Member Admin

Yup...I think I have that series somewhere. Going to look into putting it up for Movie Mondays soon.
As for the Richard Proenneke thing, I've trid in the past to work with the owner of the film to get it put up, but they are very strict about it and want every viewing of the film to raise money. They are not interested in the educational aspect at all.

ReplyQuote
(@kootenay-kid)
Reputable Member

Watching Pioneer Quest: A Year in the Real West would be awsome. I missed a couple of episodes when it was on TV a number of years age. Very good series.

ReplyQuote
(@gallowshumour)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Yup...I think I have that series somewhere. Going to look into putting it up for Movie Mondays soon.
As for the Richard Proenneke thing, I've trid in the past to work with the owner of the film to get it put up, but they are very strict about it and want every viewing of the film to raise money. They are not interested in the educational aspect at all.

Which is strange, because it's already up on Youtube.

ReplyQuote
(@kootenay-kid)
Reputable Member

Couldn't remember the title until I saw it here. A little difficult to look up without the title

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

I see on the landing page for the Prepper's Network a link to the show Frontier House. Does anyone remember the Canadian version that I think preceded it, Pioneer Quest: A Year in the Real West? There's also Alone in the Wilderness, the story of Richard Proenneke living in the Alaska wilderness; you can see it on Youtube. I think he was there 30 years.

Your wish is my Command!
http://www.canadianpreppersnetwork.com/2018/04/movie-monday-pioneer-quest-by-popular.html

ReplyQuote
(@kootenay-kid)
Reputable Member

Thanks......Looking forward to it.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network