April 19, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Lockdowns and Curfews and Fines, OH MY!

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Well night one of the curfew seems to have gone off without much of a hitch.
Somewhere around 30 tickets issued and a handful of warnings.
Planned marches were set to meet at 7:30 and march through the night.
From what I gather, they pretty much left shortly after the 8PM curfew (less the 30 or so that got tickets I assume).
I have been listening to my local SQ channel since last night around 7PM, and well, so far a typical Sunday afternoon is way more interesting than last night was...then again, I'm not near any major city.
As for stragglers, there were a few neighbors that returned well after curfew, but hey, what they do isn't any of my business, so if asked officially, my answer will be the same it always is..."What? Who? When? Beats me, I didn't see a thing officer."

(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

Looks like night two was more tickets..

the two I hear today that made me shake my head..

The women walking her boyfriend on collar and leash.. nope that didn't fly.. ticketed!

The couple that were traveling back from New Brunswich that didn't give themselves enough time to drive and instead of waiting one more day at her fathers, left late and were napped after 10 pm within a hour of home.. clearly the officers where having a dissagreement on it.. she says one was like.. sorry that things happened and she said, she felt he would have let them go with a warning but the other officer was you have made it clear you knew about the curfew, you made the choice, you choose to take the risk and you are caught.. over 3000 in tickets, which she indeeds to fight..

We will see what tomorrow brings!

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Well, seems as though the 30 tickets was just from one police force...the actual number was somewhere in the hundreds province wide. Night 2 was apparently similar.
I had heard a different version of the New Brunswick couple...that they had given themselves time, but were delayed.
Who knows for sure...the truth, as usual, is likely somewhere in the middle.
I hadn't heard about the woman walking her boyfriend on a leash.
The most disturbing part of that story is that I am not surprised at all.
It says a lot about society when my reaction to that is one of indifference.
In any case, it seems this is a non starter as far as big demonstrations go. Nothing like what's happening down south seems likely, at least for now.
This is just a couple days into a month long curfew. Let's see what things looks like after a couple of weeks.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network