May 15, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

North Korea vs. Trump

38 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
11.5 K Views
PrepHer
(@prepher)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

The shouting back and forth seems to be escalating between Kim and Trump. All hell could break loose with these two in control. Here's another good article on preparing for nuclear fallout
http://americanmilitarynews.com/2017/07/if-a-nuclear-bomb-explodes-these-are-the-emergency-supplies-you-should-have-prepared-or-grab-on-the-run/?utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=alt&utm_source=militarymemes

(@denob)
Member Admin

I used to think that NK just wanted to be taken seriously at the international table...no one with nukes gets ignored.
Then I used to think that this nut job was actually crazy enough to launch a nuke up Trumps backside...just for giggles and s#!&$.
Now I really don't know what to think, but I suspect that a third party is going to have to grab these two brats by the ear and sit them down in a time out.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

I find it very funny that every time Trump has beaked off North Korea fires off ever more missiles. They have crossed every line Trump laid down.
Trump has painted and backed himself into a corner so to speak, painting over his own feet now.
North Korea not even a remote threat to North America. Despite the quickly put out reports that US "intelligence" I use the word mockingly, states that Nk has miniature war heads now.
They don't have reliable missiles, don't have reliable re-entry vehicles, don't have long range accurate targeting ability, don't have solid fueled rockets, and thats what you really need for launching a surprise attack.
These liquid fueled rockets are a joke as a threat. Every launch has been telegraphed to the Americans a hour or two ahead of time, because of the fueling time needed.
I have seen this show in one form or another since Regan, where he was claiming NK to be one of the greatest threats to democracy.
And shouldn't the USA be democratic before it claims its democracy is threatened.
Funny thing is the USA is in the strongest position for negotiating, for as long as I can remember North Korea has been wanting a peace treaty, but no one would talk to them about it...South Korea now wants to talk with the North, and looking at this years crop forcasts NK may be in the worst position since the 90s...
But how can any negotiations with the Americans be taken serious by anyone, Ask Kadafi how giving up his nuclear program worked, By accident a agreement was made with Iran, that Trump is now doing everything to tear up.Ask the Russians how much they like American troops on their borders, after promises were made that wouldn't be the case.
Making deals with Americans is a fools bet, much better to have nukes.
After trump said they had better not threaten America again, The north Koreans said they would attack Guam, Im starting to like the plucky guy from the north.

here is a more a rational assessment of the norths ability.

http://thebulletin.org/talk-north-korea-avert-nuclear-disaster-interview-siegfried-hecker10996

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Just gives me a warm and fuzzy.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/345940-trump-religious-adviser-god-has-given-trump-authority-to-take

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@djprepper)
Eminent Member

Bannon has kind of killed this off with his interview prior to exit.

Hard to see someone on the U.S. being able to push for a confrontation now.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Im finding this whole drama interesting, and in a way funny. Kim just tried to test fire 3 rockets and had 3 failures. You just have to know someone will have to answer for that.
Trump isn't quite beaking off so much lately. I suspect that the South Korean's and Chinese have been stressing to the Mad Kings entourage that attacking North Korea is a no go, and will not be without consequences.
Never been a better time to talk with NK...

Like I have been saying NK not even a remote threat to North America, and this report from the guys who build such things, and can work a slide rule confirm it.
http://thebulletin.org/north-korea%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%9Cnot-quite%E2%80%9D-icbm-can%E2%80%99t-hit-lower-48-states11012

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

Forgive the cross-post, but the threads run into each other:

China is N. Korea's leading trade partner (86% to China, Russia and Japan). On the other-hand, N. Korea isn't even in China's top 10. Interestingly enough, China's #1 trade partner is the U.S. and S. Korea ranks in at #3! It only took China to agree with the U.N. sanctions to force N. Korea to pull in it's horns.

I think that governments are largely influenced by currency. It's bad business to tick off your best customers. Unless the government of N. Korea is suicidal, they will not go against the grain too much. The populace needs to eat and Kim wants to maintain his lavish lifestyle. He needs trade for this to occur,

Nuclear weapons are another issue. The time to deter the production of them was years ago. The horse has left the barn, so closing the door is of little use. Everyone will have to deal. Using them is bad business. Having them does get N. Korea a seat at the table. I think that this was the main purpose behind their production. The cost of using them is too high.

None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

No I don't think NK has pulled in its horns as you say, but I do agree that now that they have them they wont be letting them go. In fact it would be suicide do so. I don't see sanctions as having much of a effect. Its not in China's, or Russia's interest to cripple north Korea more, neither would want the NK state to collapse or join with South Korea, as by default that would move the Americans even closer to their borders.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Launched another! and over American protected Japan, poking the mericans right in the eye! Im really starting to like that Kim Un something something guy, he"s got a real pair of stones. Now whats the mad king going to do?

Something like 16 years fighting in Afganastan, winning every year, every battle, winning in every way, now a American soldier who had a child in 2001, by next year or so can see his child off to continue killing the very people he started killing in 2001. I watched Dumya in 2001 say how they would fight forever however long it took , and how you were with them or against them..... I thought right then and there America is done, put a fork in them...they decided to answer a intelligence failure with a unlimited military response, I seen right then that they had too...there was no intelligent response a American could come up with....put a fork in them.
Iraq, same thing, its unending, its how America makes money, Military expenditures are the GDP of the USA, arm both sides. China is building, and all across the continent, look up belt and road initiative. America just destroys, its what they have practised for, others build.

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

Stone? No. He just needs to catch a brainwave... LOL

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Stone? No. He just needs to catch a brainwave... LOL

While I view each as a full blown socio paths, I would much prefer dealing with NK's socio path than Americas one. The NK one is playing chess, the American one doesn't know what chess is? or how to spell it!
Watch Drump call China to complain about this insult to his demands.....I just laugh, and laugh... Drump for press in 2020!!!, Its more entertaining than Chelsea Clinton would ever be!!!

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

Trump is a graduate of the New York Military Academy and has a BSc. from the Wharton School of Business with a Major in Finance. Don't be deceived; he's arrogant, but not stupid.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Trump is a graduate of the New York Military Academy and has a BSc. from the Wharton School of Business with a Major in Finance. Don't be deceived; he's arrogant, but not stupid.

He may very well be a graduate of the New York Military Academy. They should have taught him the dangers of bluffing, not the act its self, as that can have value, but the danger of loss of credibility when its what you keep doing and are called on it, as Kim has done. Trump is now standing in the paint can.
As per my thoughts in The Rubicon has been crossed, This is just another sign, All that America has in the tool box is force now, but using it here will bring it a Pyrrhic victory, and cost it allies, speeding up the shedding of the US dollar. The petro dollar, the only thing keeping the bildge pumps working on this ship of fools.
I am sure the "experts" (I say laughingly) in Trumps sycophantic entourage have pointed out to him the Pyrrhic nature of military action but there is a danger that in a berserker rage he confuses the word pyrrhic with Phallic, and thinks its a good thing!

Im like George Carlin at this point...I have no dog in the fight, Im just watching for the show, the entertainment value, well until someone puts a eye out...pass the popcorn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECT84OYHU5c work safe one minute long

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

George Carlin... LOL I think he must be smoking something. In the global economy, we all have a dog in the fight. What effects one nation cannot help but effect others.

It seldom makes sense. The last time I was in Libya the cost of gasoline was 17 cents per liter. We were paying just over a dollar. Canada has the third largest reserves of oil on the planet. We close two refineries in Dartmouth N.S., export crude to the U.S. to have it refined and import it back. The Canadian public pay more for gasoline than the U.S. even though it originated in Canada. Stupidity reigns in this country, so I hesitate to throw stones at the U.S. Something about glass houses. Canada's government is pathetic.

I hope that Trump's bark is worse than his bite. At some point China will have to step in. That will put Kim's tail between his legs. China cannot afford more of a U.S. presence in the region.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Well, by the size of it, it does look like the little hermit kingdom has done gone and blowed up a hydrogen bomb! Poking The Donald right in both eyes now.
If confirmed (I think it will be), the big question, not being asked yet publicly, is who just helped get them there!!

The heart burn this just gave American inteligence πŸ˜†

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network