May 21, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

FOR THOSE OF US WHO DO NOT OWNS GUNS

38 Posts
27 Users
0 Reactions
JackDee
(@jackdee)
Trusted Member

Totally agree with RT_survive,

By the way if someone pointed a gun at us and we managed to brawl the person ended up the person got shot and died, whose to blame?

Regret comes last, if it comes early its called registration!

In the end, only fellow preppers truly respects other preppers.
When nothing happens, the world will laugh at you.
When SHTF, what will happen when they found out you got supplies?

ReplyQuote
(@salvida)

ReplyQuote
(@rt_survive)
Trusted Member

Totally agree with RT_survive,

By the way if someone pointed a gun at us and we managed to brawl the person ended up the person got shot and died, whose to blame?

Jack, good question. I'm not a lawyer, so this isn't legal advice. In a case like the one you describe, you can defend yourself on the argument that he had a gun pointed at you, and therefore you had to defend yourself to protect your life. At the time, it was your only reasonable course of action in a very violent and unpredictable situation.

If, however, you brawled and got the gun, but then shot him while he was running away or pleading for his life, then it can be argued that you murdered someone because your life wasn't at risk if he was running away, pleading for his life, or otherwise no longer a threat to you.

ReplyQuote
 ASA
(@asa)

I would view this as more like Katrina, within a few hours most law enforcement will make a decision to split and protect their own families, and rightly so.

At this point the only law..is you. Certainly you are justified in protecting yourself and family by force if it comes to that. In time order will be restored, but until that time you bear full responsibility for the outcome.

Not owning and knowing how to use, and being willing to use a gun during this time period for what amounts to a perception of morality seems to be an error in judgment.

There are people who have less concern for you and your family than a grizzly bear, would you hesitate to shoot one if you had to, if your life depended on it?

As Selco has said from real experience trapped in city for a year during the Bosnian war, people very quickly learned without a gun you will be ended by someone at some point, if it were only me then I could live with that but when I am responsible for others I will have to do what men have always done, fight.

ReplyQuote
(@mommaquilter)

Archery practice....need I say more?

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Salvida...HMMM, a sign perfectly lit up, not a bit of weathering, even at the screw holes,and the colour is off,.. to bright. A tax payer funded road sign combining a religious and political thought........the internet, its mostly all BS ..

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@singlecell)
Estimable Member

Archery practice....need I say more?

No. I went through the same thing. Didn't want to go through the trouble to get a gun. Trust me. A bow, whether compound or re-curve or whatever is lots of fun. But the amount of practice were talking about, first off is more expensive then a firearm especially rim fire.

Just go get the license. It's a lot of fun, you get connected to a lot of great people. If you have a farm like me, it's a kickass time shooting on your own property as long as it's safe, with a proper backstop.

Lots of options for you as well. Many different types of firearms with different functions. Just do it, when that PAL or RPAL comes in the mail I promise you won't be disappointed.

If you're a prepper you want to get a firearm or round that is common. .308(7.62/51), .223(5.56/45), 12 gauge, .22LR, and the increasingly popular russian rounds 7.62/39 and 7.62/54r. Research these rounds. Have fun.

ReplyQuote
(@sarcopenia)

One poster mentioned extendable ASP-like batons.

These are nearly as bad as guns, from a legal standpoint. If you look up the laws, they are legal to "own" but not to "carry."

Improvised weapons are another matter. If you just happen to have baseball bat lying on your passenger seat, and use it to prevent being carjacked, that's probably okay. But your case would be better if you had a glove and ball next to the bat, and even better if you were wearing a baseball uniform and coming home from a game.

Conversely, there are not (m)any legitimate reasons that the law would recognize for carrying a baton. MAYBE, saying you were taking it to a dojo or something to practice "sports type" weapon training, but even that might be dubious to the average LEO.

Former Prohibited Weapons Order, No. 7

13. The device commonly known as a “Kiyoga Baton” or “Steel Cobra” and any similar device consisting of a manually triggered telescoping spring-loaded steel whip terminated in a heavy calibre striking tip.

(found in ... http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-98-462/fulltext.html )

The best bet is probably to have plausible improvised weapons available at all times...

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network