May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

On Sale This Week

172 Posts
50 Users
0 Reactions
40.3 K Views
(@anitapreciouspearl)
Noble Member

Food Basics in Ontario has 900gr. of pasta for .88 cents - bought enough to fill another pail or two. They have pasta sauce on for .77 cents in the can but I went with Independents sale of glass jarred sauce for .99 cents instead - less bpa - no coated jars.

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
*´¨`•.¸¸Anita <>< *.•´¸¸¨`*
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)
¸.•´
( `•.¸
`•.¸ )
¸.•)´
(.•´

Quack, Cluck, Moo, Hee-Haw, Meow and Baaaaaaa from Shalom Engedi Farm
http://adventures-in-country-living.blogspot.com/

ReplyQuote
(@justin-k)
Trusted Member

What is bpa and explain non coated jars please

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

BPA is the short form for bisphenol A. It is used in some plastics, hence plastic bottles and is used in the inside coating of some cans for various food products. It is an endocrine disruptor and can cause negative health effects. It is absorbed by the body and Canada has made an effort to ensure that baby bottles are BPA free. Bottom line: if you can avoid it do so for the long term sake of your health. :mrgreen:

ReplyQuote
(@anitapreciouspearl)
Noble Member

BPA is the short form for bisphenol A. It is used in some plastics, hence plastic bottles and is used in the inside coating of some cans for various food products. It is an endocrine disruptor and can cause negative health effects. It is absorbed by the body and Canada has made an effort to ensure that baby bottles are BPA free. Bottom line: if you can avoid it do so for the long term sake of your health. :mrgreen:

What he said!

¸.•´
( `•.¸
`•.¸ )
¸.•)´
(.•´

ReplyQuote
 prom
(@prom)
Estimable Member

Mr Heater on sale 25 % off at Canadian Tire for 3 days starting tomorrow. I will pick up one tomorrow. Not sure which one yet between the little buddy and the portable buddy. The bigger one is a bit bigger 🙂 but can stand on it's own and can be hooked up to a 20 lbs propane tank.
If you buy one don't forget to get a CO detector and keep the area ventilated.

ReplyQuote
(@joy29not)
Estimable Member

If anyone is interested kijiji edmonton-on the home reno section has " 8 insulated tarps" 3 weeks old -4 are as new-4 have 12 in. holes melted in them -all for $350 . I am tempted, they would be great for "extra" shelters, but don't think i will this time.

ReplyQuote
 prom
(@prom)
Estimable Member

Coleman 40W Folding Solar Panel 100$ 60% Off 250 at Canadian Tire

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/2/OutdoorLiving/GardenLighting/SolarGardenLights/PRD~0112043P/Coleman+40W+Folding+Solar+Panel.jsp?locale=en

Mastercraft Fencing Pliers 13$ from 30

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/6/Tools/PliersSnips/SpecialtyPliers/PRD~0584583P/Mastercraft+Fencing+Pliers.jsp?locale=en

the flyer starts tomorrow but they were already priced like this today.

ReplyQuote
(@anitapreciouspearl)
Noble Member

Hi prom - I noticed the solar panels on sale - seems like a great price. I couldn't find any reviews for it - perhaps because it's a new product - any thoughts?

¸.•´
( `•.¸
`•.¸ )
¸.•)´
(.•´

ReplyQuote
(@morningcoffee)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

If you have enough people interested, solar panels can be purchased at large discounts. There is an outfit on Vancouver Island that will deliver to areas on the Island and lower Mainland, with pricing as low as .69 per watt. The last time I looked there were some available in Eastern Canada at discounted prices.

"It's better to look ahead and prepare than to look back and regret"

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

If you go to the Canadian Tire site online now you will see that none of the Blue Planet line of solar panels are listed. There are plenty still on the shelves in the stores, well around here anyway. I was wondering if this means that they are no longer going to carry the line? More importantly are they going to clear out the remnant stock as they did with their wind generators? I am getting quite excited . I love a sale!

ReplyQuote
 prom
(@prom)
Estimable Member

The website doesn't' show the sale prices, yet, you would have to check the flyer or the store.
I couldn't find reviews either but I took the chance and bought it anyways. For the price it would need to be pretty bad to make me feel sorry for buying it considering this is my first panel. For thee next one I might look into something of better quality.

ReplyQuote
(@oldtimegardener)
Estimable Member

Prom - Thanks for the tip on the Coleman solar panels at CT.

Went in and got 2. They said sale only starts tomorrow (Feb1st). But they said I could get the 2 for the sale price, when I said how far I lived from there.

So got two panels and one ex large B&D oven ( roast chicken on the spit comin up soon ) for what I would have paid for one panel, if it wasn't on sale.

This was one time I didn't check the flyer on line and would have missed it.

A sense of humor is absolutely essential to survival.

ReplyQuote
(@dangphool)
Prominent Member

I seen them in the flyer and I was wondering the same thing about quality... I know little about sunpower but I was very tempted as our generator is only for short term power loss and the panels would be nice to have as back-up for the gadgets etc. longer term grid down.

I may just do it as it was payday...

ReplyQuote
Buggie
(@buggie)
Honorable Member

I also dont know very much about solar power as of yet... definatley on my to-do list.

these panels... what could they be used for in a household and how would you hook them up to electronic devices?

See you all after.

ReplyQuote
BelowTheRadar
(@belowtheradar)
Reputable Member

Those panels will not power very much by themselves. You have to accumulate the energy and store it if you intend on using anything big (like a toaster oven or a coffee pot) and even then you will need an inverter if you wish to power AC stuff. I live near the sunshine mecca of Canada and average just over 6 hours per day of sunshine. I would suggest trying to find 12V, DC, LED, lighting for starters. Celebrate small successes and it gets you wanting to learn and do more with Alternative Energy (AE). Learn to walk before you try to run.

Than= I’d rather be rich than poor.
Then= I first became hungry then I ate.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 12
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network