May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Is The sh*t Realty gong to hit the fan?

17 Posts
17 Users
0 Reactions
(@roundtown)
Topic starter  

Tell me what makes you think the sh*t will hit the fan?

dollyndrew
(@dollyndrew)
Estimable Member

The DH and I both lost our (high paying) jobs in the same week. The poop is hitting the proverbial rotating ventilator for us as we speak. It's not all zombies and apocalypse eh?

ReplyQuote
PrepandReady
(@prepandready)
Eminent Member

I believe it is not a matter of if, but a matter of when.

There are many possibilities that could cause the shtf scenario. You have to understand that our country is run on a complex network of functions that provide us with the basics functions we need to live. Kinda funny to think of it that way.

Food: Most of us rely on the grocery store to supply us with our week or two worth of goods.
Water: Most of us rely on water from a treatment facility, and it is delivered to us through pumping operations.
Shelter: Most of our shelters (homes) rely on electricity to truly function as a good shelter.
Sanitation: Need running water to flush that down.

Prepping involves getting back to the basics and obtaining different ways to supply ourselves with necessities. This includes stocking up on items as well.

So you ask, is shit going to hit the fan?

All of these commodities that we take for granted could fall apart at a moments notice. In a large scale emergency your grocery store will be emptied within the first 24hrs. If the situation is large enough it could wipe out transportation of the goods that would replenish this crisis. Think, how does your gasoline get to the station? Usually by trucks. What fuels the trucks that deliver this food and gasoline? Gasoline does.

If our system failed, it would fail hard! There are so many types of events that could happen both natural and man made that I will not take the time to list. But above all, I believe that our system is fragile and if you are worried about what could happen, you should just learn to be self sufficient. Be able to provide for yourself and your family.

My 2 cents.

ReplyQuote
(@averna)

Maybe not. Maybe things will get hard for awhile and then better. But what does it hurt to figure out a way to be a little more ready for various possibilities? You don't have to believe in conspiracies to acknowledge the possibility of a big earthquake happening on the fault line, for instance. Shit happens. That's a fact of life.

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

Maybe not. Maybe things will get hard for awhile and then better. But what does it hurt to figure out a way to be a little more ready for various possibilities? You don't have to believe in conspiracies to acknowledge the possibility of a big earthquake happening on the fault line, for instance. Shit happens. That's a fact of life.

This is a great approach imo.

I dare say so many concentrate on all the negative things happening in the world it gives a twisted sense of reality. We are living in man's greatest time in history...where even the poorest person has a standard of living, technology, and access to medicine that even the richest King a hundred years ago didnt have. There are still dangers, turmoil and struggles in the world....and very real threats....and complacency is always a danger in and of itself....but overall us humans have done some amazing things and continue to do so!

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
(@hammer)
Estimable Member

Posting to follow, I'm interested in what everyone has to say..... Also, posting to save my account from the purge lol.

Prepare for the worst
Hope for the best

ReplyQuote
albertaborn
(@albertaborn)
Trusted Member

Odds are the proverbial SHTF scenarios are not the reality of most situations of need. Pretty sure Zombies won't be the cause, most likes won't be Nuclear either ... But being without power for days, being unable to leave your area because of storms or fires, an earthquake or Avalanche effecting your ability to move to safety those are all very legimate concerns that could cause you to need extra supplies or alternatives to keeping your house warm or stopping your water lines from freezing and bursting, how about flooding and mudslides. There are so many legitimate survival issues.
I know people talk about the economy, that is a monster of its own. If you lose your job being prepared can save you lots of grief for a while. Not much can be done about losing a high paying job and there's nothing but low paying jobs, except having been prepared might make it more survivable.
I don't care if people prep for zombie attacks or what ever, being prepared or being self sufficient will never be a wrong choice. You can still die of dehydration in days, you can still freeze to death in hours, you can starve to death in days, you can suffer injury or be without medical supplies, medicine and die if you can't get through it. You might live through the initial situation but die because of lack of preparation.

Things I say are my opinion, which is like belly buttons everybody has one.
Anything I say is not meant to anger or offend just to encourage discussion between adults.

ReplyQuote
(@hopeimready)
Reputable Member

What makes me think the S*** will hit the fan?...

Because it has happened before.
Because it will happen again, for human-made or natural reasons.
Because we are now more dependent on modern systems/transportation/communication/electricity/government/modern meds than when it's happened in the past
Because many people, with the exception of preppers and some old-time farmers, have no desire to learn how to do without the above, and would make things much worse

HopeImReady
"The thing about smart mother f*ckers, is that they sometimes sound like crazy mother f*ckers to dumb mother f*ckers." -Abraham .”

ReplyQuote
(@grumpy-bear)
Trusted Member

As a volunteer member of the British Columbia Emergency Management team here at home. I'm certain that it's coming, could be the "BIG ONE" , could be a massive storm, could be an EMP, could be civil insurrection, or terror attacks. Better to be ready than not. The Mormons have a saying Be ready and ye shall not fear. Good words as far as I'm concerned.

Be Discreet, Be Friendly, Be Safe.
Most of all "Be Ready"

ReplyQuote
(@screedcrete)
Estimable Member

What I find interesting is the fact that if any of these 1 things happen the rest may very well soon follow. If oil goes for a crap there goes your trucking and then the food and then the chaos. If money goes down then the trucking then food then chaos. If an EMP goes down then the money then the trucking, then the food then chaos. Quite a pattern and I think Albertaborn has hit the nail square on the head!

Whatever tomorrow brings,… I will be there! 😉

ReplyQuote
 Syn
(@syn)
Reputable Member

Shit is hitting the fan right now, we just are well positioned at the moment to be minimally impacted.

ReplyQuote
(@wideawake)

This is a "Controlled Demolition" right now. The US has 90 million not working, almost 50 million on some sort of government assistance. Without that, it would already be way worse than the Great Depression. It's all being hidden, but not for the reasons many think. Yes, the government wants to keep people asleep as long as possible, but also, for the collapse to be complete and final, they need to get it halfway done without people even knowing it.

Easier to completely destroy a nation that's already half destroyed, than one which is at full capacity. Get the idea? Same deal with Canada.

It was already going down, then they kicked out the biggest and strongest leg it had, the Oil industry. No industry in Canada produces jobs, wealth, and true economic growth like oil did. The financial sector produces jobs and people make alot of money, but it cannot exist without a "real economy" to base it from, that being oil, mining, etc.

Same deal for housing, what's the price of a house in Greenland? Zero, because there's no industry. Canada now effectively has no industry, or nowhere near enough industry to sustain over 30 million people. They were keeping the facade up with a housing bubble built on nothing but easy credit, Chinese money laundering, and 24/7 Propaganda called "Home shows," designed to whip everyone into a frenzy of buying a house or condo.

Now, with Vancouver taxing foreigners, they just kicked that leg out too. Get ready for the collapse, Canada has no more legs holding it up. We are Wil.E Coyote in mid air just before he drops.

ReplyQuote
(@traveller)
Reputable Member

Odds are the proverbial SHTF scenarios are not the reality of most situations of need. Pretty sure Zombies won't be the cause, most likes won't be Nuclear either ... But being without power for days, being unable to leave your area because of storms or fires, an earthquake or Avalanche effecting your ability to move to safety those are all very legimate concerns that could cause you to need extra supplies or alternatives to keeping your house warm or stopping your water lines from freezing and bursting, how about flooding and mudslides. There are so many legitimate survival issues.
I know people talk about the economy, that is a monster of its own. If you lose your job being prepared can save you lots of grief for a while. Not much can be done about losing a high paying job and there's nothing but low paying jobs, except having been prepared might make it more survivable.
I don't care if people prep for zombie attacks or what ever, being prepared or being self sufficient will never be a wrong choice. You can still die of dehydration in days, you can still freeze to death in hours, you can starve to death in days, you can suffer injury or be without medical supplies, medicine and die if you can't get through it. You might live through the initial situation but die because of lack of preparation.

I don't get on here much anymore to post but I still monitor the posts and this one intrigued me, I know Alberta born personally and I started a group that which he attended a few meetings, that still runs today back in Alberta which Dangphool keeps going to this day, this is a solid Quote. It doesn't matter what you believe will happen , just be prepared for something my suggestion is 30 days of food for your house, a bug out plan, a bug in plan, as far as water it is difficult to store 30 days worth of water in the average home, you would have to build a room with a 1000gl water tank as most Mormon's do and that is impractical for most, my suggestion is 24,packs of 24pack water bottles for drinking, another 100gals for cooking and washing conservatively, and a very good water filtration system to such as a big Berky and some kind of a life straw portable system.... The water is the tough one, even 50 gals for washing and cooking is about 10/14 days worth...rationed... As far as the S.H.T.F YES I believe we are starting to see it with the world financial system beginning to unravel, my reasoning....JIM RICKARDS/JIM ROGERS, and the list goes on GOOGLE them and you will see there not crack pots but very smart and wealthy investors that have been sounding the alarm bells for quite some time know....example..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moCPjFd4Ckk....watch it...

Tks for everyone's time,
and as my header says;
BETTER TO HAVE IT AND NOT NEED IT,
THEN TO NEED IT AND NOT HAVE IT........

Jim Rogers - WARNING 2016 Market to Cave in the Next Few Months

Better to have it and not need it; then to need it and not have it...

ReplyQuote
(@stache)

When I look around, I struggle to find a reason why the Sh__ will NOT hit the fan.

Redundancy is King: "Two is one, one is none."

ReplyQuote
The Island Retreat
(@the-island-retreat)
Reputable Member

The shit's on the fan. The fan is just picking up speed. Watch out for the flings.....

If you're not thinking beyond the US election, you've lost the bigger picture!

pm me, I am usually local, stache.

J

Check out Canadian Prepper Podcast on iTunes!

One is none, two is one.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network