May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Looking to form BC Prepper Network

22 Posts
16 Users
0 Reactions
PrepandReady
(@prepandready)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hello all,
Thank you in advance for taking the time to read!
I am looking to start a BC-based prepping network.
We will be very organized in our methods of prepping and am looking for like-minded people who can contribute to our group and would like to learn from others.
So some more info about our plans:
What is it?
– A BC-based prepping network! What does this mean? Basically, we are a group of like-minded prepping individuals who share their knowledge, wisdom and experience with other members of the network.
– What will we do? We will keep in contact and share resource, training, and experience. We will form standard operating procedures based on possible situations. We will discuss sustainability, bug out plans, emergency preparedness, survival, and other like-minded topics.
What will we have? Aside from the usual prepping resources, we will create a strong likeminded community. We will have a moderate selection process were each member will be assigned a current and post-SHTF role based on their skill set.
Who are we looking for?
– Likeminded individuals: We do not discriminate based on age, gender, marital status, religion, sexual preference, or anything else you can think of. However, we will review your application to ensure we you truly are a like-minded individual.
– Experienced Preppers: You know who you are
– New Preppers with an eagerness to learn and be part of something that will better themselves.
– People with niche skills:
Medical professionals: Doctors, Surgeons, Nurses, Medics, EMT’s, Combat Medics.
Former soldiers/military personnel: Security and safety trained.
Mechanics: Particularly vehicle mechanics.
Builders: All trades skills
Naturists: Looking for people with experience in edible plants, alternative medicine and healing.

Chefs: Anyone with experience storing, preparing and serving food. People with experience in creating home made alcohol also a plus.
Farmers: Skills in growing produce.
Vets, Dog Trainers: Training or maintaining of animals.
Blacksmith: Anyone with experience in fabricating and welding.
Seamstress: Experience making and repairing clothes.
Survivalists: Outdoor experienced
Homesteaders: All around/ back to basics people.

What we are not:
– A paid membership-based network: You will be required to only give up knowledge and experience to become a member. Besides what you spend on your personal prepping, we will never ask you for your money.
– A militia: we are not an organization to help you plan your government overthrow. We are about sustainability and community. We are not about fighting. We are about learning and gaining knowledge as a group.
– A charity: Our members prep their resources for themselves. We share knowledge and training now.

(@traveller)
Reputable Member

Sounds like you have a good handle on getting started,[ North shore Shuswap lake], my old posts are my application, I don't get on here much any more, I replied to Denobs email and just surfed around here a bit.....Email at.......... jfgaub@hotmail.ca

Better to have it and not need it; then to need it and not have it...

ReplyQuote
albertaborn
(@albertaborn)
Trusted Member

Let me see ... Grew up on a trapline, been in the military, had working residency in 12 countries, been to 28. So I have a strong world view. I have multiple trades, lots of construction skills from log cabins to furniture. I know a bit about water holding,pumping and protecting, well enough for Vanoc to request my presence out at Whistler Olympic sites and the Athletic village and the Drug testing sites. That should also tell you a bit about my security clearances. I hammer Iron, grow food, can bake and cook. Am I fairly easy going, and tolerant of others, well I worked as for site technical with Cirque Du Soleil for 5 1/2 years. I can operate things like tractors, forklifts and zoom booms. I am comfortable with animals, training raising and butchering. I can stand completely on my own but prefer to work with others for team effort.
I ride motorcycles, fish, hunt, photograph and I do windows ( okay I mean windows office).
Does that fit for you

Things I say are my opinion, which is like belly buttons everybody has one.
Anything I say is not meant to anger or offend just to encourage discussion between adults.

ReplyQuote
PrepandReady
(@prepandready)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

further inquires can be sent to prepandready(at)Hotmail(dot)com

ReplyQuote
(@jefft78)
Trusted Member

sounds like you have some good ideas

ReplyQuote
(@aaronbouge)
Estimable Member

Yes, sounds like some good ideas for sure. But is it all talk like 99% of the other posts on this forum???

Aaron

ReplyQuote
PrepandReady
(@prepandready)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Dear reader. I understand your skepticism and you must understand that everything starts somewhere. The reason most groups will flop I believe is because of these things,

1. Members are not engaged in the group and are not given specific roles as their own.

2. Organization: A good prepper group has solid organization, which all members ideas and input is considered. Building a structure of a group with only one personal view is counter productive.

3. Patience: Most members on here have been involved for multiple years and are active preppers on their own at their own pace. Patience with a growing network is key to growing a properly organized group. I am not setting the rules here and it's not a cookie cutter plan when it comes to this group.

The reason I am forming this group is to go beyond my knowledge and work with others to be more prepared. I appreciate your inquiry, as it does make me think more about the subject. I hope that future members will engage and improve the integrity and foundation of this group.

I am working on an email I will send out soon to all who would like to be involved and my future plans of our prepping group include, but are not limited to:

A master website for discussion with fellow members on topics and further plans of the group. These discussions will be on a members only forum page.

The website will also host prepper articles for the general public. They will be created from the gathered information and perspective of participating members. A future plan is to form a free subscription magazine with this information that can obtained online or in printed copy.

I have started the website. Please feel free to visit it at: www.prepandready.com

(The website is a work in progress and Articles are written by myself. They are templates to the real articles that I plan to supply)

If interested in participating in a growing network and educational prepping group. Let me know!

ReplyQuote
(@saltandprepper)

Certainly would be nice if people could work together

ReplyQuote
PrepandReady
(@prepandready)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Been getting some good responses, anyone else interested please shoot me your email!

ReplyQuote
(@beargrills)

I shot off a reply on your site. Cheers.

ReplyQuote
(@olwarrior)

sounds really good, you have put alot of time into this.

ReplyQuote
(@screedcrete)
Estimable Member

Will be in contact. Feel free to look up my previous posts. Many skillsets regarding the topic. Ill shoot you a PM if your somewhat local? Where would be the hub of this centralized group so others know? I personally like to meet in person before giving up the ghost on an internet forum/website initially. Been bit before ya know,...

Cheers!

Whatever tomorrow brings,… I will be there! 😉

ReplyQuote
(@sergeantprepper)

Hi,

I am new to the site but not prepping. I will be opening a prepping store in Kelowna soon. I would love to make contact with anyone who lives in the Okanagan. I will be joinning your BC Prepper's network. Shoot me a message with any suggestions for the store.

SergeantPrepper

ReplyQuote
(@wideawake)

Sent reply to the email provided.

ReplyQuote
(@grumpy-bear)
Trusted Member

Sent my hello to email supplied.

Be Discreet, Be Friendly, Be Safe.
Most of all "Be Ready"

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2