May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

4.3 earthquake hits Ontario

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

An earthquake measuring 4.3 on the Richter scale hit Ontario yesterday about 6km SW of Hawksburry. No major damage was reported, although the Federal web site designed to communicate with the public after such an event crashed.
More info here...

http://earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca/recent_eq/2011/20110316.1736/index-eng.php

(@ancient-dragon)
Eminent Member

That area has a lot of small faults, thankfully nothing that should generate damaging quakes very often . Unlike the West coast....

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I didn't feel that one, as the cow fly's I'm pretty close to Hawksburry. I did feel the one last year up into Quebec, it was a point 5 I think. Was very strange, I though it was a chopper flying in over tree tops, so went out side to see. standing on my deck it stared to shake, by the time my brain told me it was an earth quake I was standing on the ground, but it had stop. The only thing was a what I would say was a rolling push of sound like the feel from a big bass speaker roll across the land from were the quake came from, right through my body and almost like a ripple you would see on water rolling away across the land, it was very surreal. after that I wasn't wanting to feel anything bigger. I have talk with people in chilly were they had the 9 pointers quakes, they say its so loud you want to bit your tong, now that's scary.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Earth quake in the USA, I never felt it at all. it was centered in central Virginia. Wonder how many people new the USA has nuclear power plants all down the Eastern seaboard.

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/08/23/3856565/nuclear-energy-institute-comments.html

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

2 reactors in Richmond Va have been taken offline. This MUST be affecting power supply to the state. To make matters worse, Irene has somewhat changed course and this area is now in the possible path of the storm.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network