May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Christian preppers

18 Posts
8 Users
0 Reactions
(@martha)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Howdy folks,

I'm a Christian prepper, Catholic to be specific. I'm wondering if there's other Christian preppers out there interested in chatting.

For those who don't like "organized religion" or dislike Catholicism, or don't believe it's Christian, please hold your comments, I've heard them all before. This post is directed to those for whom the Christian faith is of central importance and who would like to chat with other like-minded folks.

Martha

oldschool
(@oldschool)
Noble Member

Sorry to hear that you have had to deal with rude people.

ReplyQuote
(@anitapreciouspearl)
Noble Member

Hi Martha - I'm sorry too 🙁 I'm a Christian and would love to chat! You can message me by clicking on my name.

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
*´¨`•.¸¸Anita <>< *.•´¸¸¨`*
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)
¸.•´
( `•.¸
`•.¸ )
¸.•)´
(.•´

Quack, Cluck, Moo, Hee-Haw, Meow and Baaaaaaa from Shalom Engedi Farm
http://adventures-in-country-living.blogspot.com/

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

Well hello there! 🙂

While I'm Anglican and grew up in a Baptist Church, the rest of my family is Catholic, and just gettin ready to head off to church! 🙂

That being said, I don't find my faith a direct result of prepping. But how we will treat others in disasters and emergencies should be christ like. That's for sure!

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
(@anitapreciouspearl)
Noble Member

Well hello there! 🙂

While I'm Anglican and grew up in a Baptist Church, the rest of my family is Catholic, and just gettin ready to head off to church! 🙂

That being said, I don't find my faith a direct result of prepping. But how we will treat others in disasters and emergencies should be christ like. That's for sure!

I agree thecrownsown! There has to be a baalnce between giving it all away in Jesus name and shooting everyone in sight 🙂 I actually started prepping because I felt the Lord was saying PREPARE. I asked Prepare for what? It wasn't even on my radar 🙂 That was many years ago now and a big part of my prepping thoughts are directed to how to help the community around me without compromising my families safety. My blog is just one way I try to gently push people in the right direction about prepping.

¸.•´
( `•.¸
`•.¸ )
¸.•)´
(.•´

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Howdy folks,
For those who don't like "organized religion" or dislike Catholicism, or don't believe it's Christian, please hold your comments, I've heard them all before. This post is directed to those for whom the Christian faith is of central importance and who would like to chat with other like-minded folks.
Martha

Actually, so far the only person who was rude about religion on the forum said he was a Devout Christian and called everyone else stupid!

Welcome here, my background is Christian Salvation Army to be precise although now I go to the Woods and fields to be close to God, not man-made structures.
It does say to have preparations on hand, store food for the future in the Bible.

ReplyQuote
(@lgsbrooks)
Honorable Member

Howdy folks,
Martha

Actually, so far the only person who was rude about religion on the forum said he was a Devout Christian and called everyone else stupid!

Welcome here, my background is Christian Salvation Army to be precise although now I go to the Woods and fields to be close to God, not man-made structures.
It does say to have preparations on hand, store food for the future in the Bible.

Hello! I am also a Christian, I was baptist Mormon, left there and was rebaptised into the 7th Day Adventist church, I have left organized religion because I discovered that BB Beach put our church in bed with Satan...not going to get into that here though...I have people from church, Christians tell me that my faith in God isn't very strong if I am preparing to save myself in times of trouble...I tell them that throughout the Bible God warns people of what is coming and urges them to prepare for it, if they don't they perish...it is that simple...He says in Revelation that "these things:" are coming...we would be foolish not to heed His warning and prepare for the hyperinflation He says will make people unable to buy bread as well as for all the other warnings of what is coming...the newspapers are playing out exactly like the Bible says!...(my husband is a Buddhist....we just agree to disagree as I was not living a Christian life when we married so I pray he will be moved by my example as that is all I can do.)

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

I am reminded of a story I once heard.....

A poor man once prayed "Lord, being very poor all of my life, and being dedicated to your work, I humbly ask that being it your will, I could win the lottery"

The man waited for the winners to be announced, but alas, on that day, he did not win.

Later that night, as he prepared for bed, he once again prayed "ord, being very poor all of my life, and being dedicated to your work, I humbly ask that being it your will, I could win the lottery"

Again, the man waited for the winners to be announced, but was again dissapointed.

For a third time, the man prayed "ord, being very poor all of my life, and being dedicated to your work, I humbly ask that being it your will, I could win the lottery"

Suddenly, the room grew dark and windy, and a deep but gentle voice echoed in the man's ear saying...

Help me out.......buy a ticket!

The moral of the story and one I believe very strongly in.....

The Lord helps those who help themselves!

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

cute story. But what does it have to do with this thread?

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

well, lgsbrooks had brought up the topic of being prepared as a religious belief (God telling us to be prepared for disasters ).
it goes to the idea of people saying that one's faith in God is not strong if we prepare.

Actually, it fits into this thread on so many levels.....

Sorry you can't see that.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

There are many believers who think that everything that happens is "God's Will". I agree that to an extent everything IS. They also have the idea that the outcome or result of that "Will" is God's alone to decide. Again in the end it MAY be. What I believe Denob is saying with his story is that in the Bible it is a theme that God is always telling people to HELP THEMSELVES. Instead of standing in your house as the tsunami approaces praying for salvation and as it rolls over you killing you and your loved ones uttering the final words "It is God's Will" is what some would do. Others would Pray like Hell believing in the Power they are calling on the help them as they fought and scratched and did everything they could to help themselves out of the situation. Kind of like a mutual responsibility relationship as opposed to one where the "parent" is completely reponsible. Hope that made sense.

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

well, lgsbrooks had brought up the topic of being prepared as a religious belief (God telling us to be prepared for disasters ).
it goes to the idea of people saying that one's faith in God is not strong if we prepare.

Actually, it fits into this thread on so many levels.....

Sorry you can't see that.

Dude,

I asked what it has to do with the thread. The op was asking who were Christians here...thats all.

ReplyQuote
(@anitapreciouspearl)
Noble Member

I think I may have gotten us off track from the original post with my comments - but it led to a great idscussion so far.

This is my favorite prepping verse:
Proverbs 22:3 New Living Translation (NLT)

3 A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions.
The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

We see lots of evidence in the world around us of blind sheeple suffering the consequences of their actions - I have suffered enough for mine that I try not to repeat any that hurt.

¸.•´
( `•.¸
`•.¸ )
¸.•)´
(.•´

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

Howdy folks,

I'm a Christian prepper, Catholic to be specific. I'm wondering if there's other Christian preppers out there interested in chatting.

Martha

Here there Martha, and welcome to the forum. Yes, I am a Christian, and a prepper. Although my faith is perhaps not of CENTRAL importance to my prepping ambitions, it does have a very important influence as to WHY I prep. I let everyone have their personal beliefs, and don't believe that anyone should be putting you down for being Catholic, or any other denomination for that matter....after all, we all have the same God.

ReplyQuote
(@javert)
Eminent Member

The reason I started prepping is because I'm a christian. I am well read on the prophicies of the end times and I didn't think they were close at all. Everyone always thinks the time is at hand but if you read the scripture you know that the end time happens under a one world government. The disasters that follow that are horrendous. When I realized the government has pretty much made us a North American union right under our noses and the UN can make our laws for us I started to wake up. Then the RFID chips that people are getting in their right hands shocked me into reality.

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a MARK in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the MARK, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. Rev. 13:16-18

The bible is a very strong advocate of being prepared. Those of you know the advice Jacob gave to the pharaoh of Egypt when the seven years of famine were foretold.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network