May 17, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Rant

30 Posts
9 Users
0 Reactions
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

C5 I just new you were going to chew on this bone 😀 As a economy of effort I myself have to pass, and keep my blood pressure low.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

Remember the ...

Yes, but unless you're paranoid, everything that occurs in the world isn't a Government conspiracy.

"Godwin's law itself can be abused as a distraction, diversion or even as censorship, fallaciously miscasting an opponent's argument as hyperbole when the comparisons made by the argument are actually appropriate."

I've been around the world alot lately. Do you want to know what the rest of the world thinks of Canada. Basically, they consider us the U.S.s bitch.

I've been to Asia, Africa, Europe and the Middle East, I haven't found your opinion to be valid.

Question my warriorhood? Pfft. I did my best, in my limited capacity, to keep canadian soldiers out of Iraq...

And what capacity was that? I don't question anything but your judgment.

None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

C5 I just new you were going to chew on this bone 😀 As a economy of effort I myself have to pass, and keep my blood pressure low.

Peppercorn, look after that heart of yours... 😀

ReplyQuote
(@gallowshumour)
Trusted Member

"If it was Sarin, the filmers, medics, doctors handling the bodies, would all be dead."

Not necessarily, according to one report it was in liquid form, not a gas, so you actually had to come in contact with the surface it was on, or spend a lot of time where it was evaporating, to get sick. You also forget that one of the cops who helped them DID wind up in the hospital with nerve agent poisoning.

As for your original rant, we're in the Middle East because oil is a strategic resource. If you don't have a hand in controlling it, someone who hates you - maybe someone who hates freedom - might try to take control of it.

Imagine a world divided into two hemispheres, A and B. What do you suppose hemisphere A's reaction would be if one day the people in hemisphere B dug up control box that allowed them to control whether hemisphere A got oxygen or not? You think hemisphere A wouldn't worry about that? What if you lived in hemisphere A, and one day the men in hemisphere B commanded (yeah, they don't ask nicely) that you send your daughter over for the evening, or you know, the oxygen might go off? Are you telling me you wouldn't try to get control of that box? Oil feeds the machinery, ships, planes, tanks and trucks that protect your freedom on a daily basis. Do you have any idea how many oil tankers were sent to the bottom of the Atlantic by German U-boats during WWII, in an attempt to starve Britain into submission? If he were alive today, you could ask Rommel how well his tanks performed without fuel. You're lucky there are more strategic thinkers in your society than you, there're the only thing standing between you and slavery.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

".

If you don't have a hand in controlling it, someone who hates you - maybe someone who hates freedom - might try to take control of it.

Imagine a world divided into two hemispheres, A and B.

You're lucky there are more strategic thinkers in your society than you, there're the only thing standing between you and slavery.

Yea, between you and salvery C5, you would have been speaking Iraqy, show some gratitude, bend at the knee. (humour lowers my blood pressure)

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

Peppercorn,

I'm glad your heart has stabilized. Rather than deflecting comments to C5, I'm interested in you weighing in and hearing your point-of-view...

ReplyQuote
cernunnos5
(@cernunnos5)
Noble Member

I'm rather busy, it being spring. Projects to build. Food to produce. Are you not busy.

I'l get back to to this soon enough

I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

ReplyQuote
cernunnos5
(@cernunnos5)
Noble Member

In case you think I have forgotten about you....Neowwwwwww

I just put in 15 hundred willow with a 30lb breaker bar as security barriers. I have been rather busy.

In that time, the US has quietly cut off the millions of dollars to the White Helmets.......

OOPS. Sorry about your blown up family members

I need some time to re grow some brain cells before being a good man not doing nothing and allowing evil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFPdnIwP-kw

I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

ReplyQuote
(@tazweiss)
Honorable Member

My take on the Middle East.
In 1096, the Pope asked the nobility of Christendom to raise an army to retake Jerusalem and to make the holy lands safe for religious pilgrims. This was after 457 years of Muslim invasions, destruction, persecution, enslavement, pillaging, raping and murdering in the Christian lands. This was referred to as the first crusade. After the crusaders left, Muslims again gathered their armies and repeated their past performances. Again, Christendom gathered for another crusade. Eventually the Christian lands gave up on the crusades, but Islam never stopped their aggression. In fact, through the centuries, Islam has never stopped their violent opposition to all other religions and faiths.

Muslims the world over, refer to Islam as a peaceful religion as opposed to the violence of Christianity. I decided to research this a little bit and this is what I've learned. There are 109 passages in the Koran which advocate or justify violence against others for being non-Muslim. I'm not aware of any like passages in either the Old or New Testaments. When it comes to persecution, war and slaughter, violent Christianity is responsible for about 27 million people being murdered in the name of Christ, over the last 2000 years. By contrast, peaceful Islam can conservatively boast the slaughter of 125 million over the last 1400 years. To put this in perspective, if not one more person was ever again killed in the name of peaceful Islam, it would take more than another 7000 years for violent Christianity to spill as much blood.

Now, a question.
If a cattle rancher found that a pack of wolves was preying on his herd and killing one or two calves a week, is he going to just hope he can catch and deal with them. Or, is he going to get tired of it and go out to hunt them down and eliminate the threat, once and for all?
I'm not saying we should load up and go hunt Muslims. Nor am I saying we should hate them. What I am saying, is that outside of the oil issue, there is a good reason for taking the war to their lands. Yes, we could pull out of the middle east and say, "We will no longer bring war to them". History has shown though, that the gesture would mean little to nothing for Islam.

Those who are unwilling to defend freedom, will become unfree.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Taz, and what has this got to do with prepping?

The purpose of the forum is to share, educate, network... I think we can keep away from opinions on religions, race, ethnicity, cultures, etc. I appreciate you did some research and I certainly won't cover up history - it is what it is. However, I can truly see the post evolving into a pissing match on the matter.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

I'm not aware of any like passages in either the Old or New Testaments.

Don't be so modest I am pretty sure there is lots your not aware of taz. You and Henry must have taken bible studies together. I missed the class on the delusion that who murders the least is the best. Please fill me in....I so need to be morally enlightened about killing by a follower of a magic (but curently invisible) sky sorcerer. A sorcerer who apparently moonlights as a real estate broker but only for one people.

Was that scoring system for who kills the least is the best, in Deuteronomy? Maybe after this passage calling for the extermination of 6 groups of people that your exhaustive 🙄 research missed,

16: But in the cities of these peoples that the LORD your God gives you for an inheritance, you shall save alive nothing that breathes,
17: but you shall utterly destroy them, the Hittites and the Amorites, the Canaanites and the Per'izzites, the Hivites and the Jeb'usites, as the LORD your God has commanded;

HP I am helping Taz, sharing information that he was apparently unable to find. I like to be helpful, its a fault of mine.

For you further enlightenment you might like the following

Richard Sapolsky from Stanford https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WwAQqWUkpI

Daniel Dennett https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tSLH345W_0&t=711s

Andy Thompson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iMmvu9eMrg

ReplyQuote
(@tazweiss)
Honorable Member

Taz, and what has this got to do with prepping?

The purpose of the forum is to share, educate, network... I think we can keep away from opinions on religions, race, ethnicity, cultures, etc. I appreciate you did some research and I certainly won't cover up history - it is what it is. However, I can truly see the post evolving into a pissing match on the matter.

I wasn't trying to start a pissing match in this thread. But the thread did start with comments about why western militaries are currently engaged in the middle east. I was only trying to point out that historically, there is more to it than just "we want their oil'. I also wasn't trying to push my opinion one way or the other, I was providing some historical context to the wider conflict.

Those who are unwilling to defend freedom, will become unfree.

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

...I missed the class on the delusion that who murders the least is the best. Please fill me in....I so need to be morally enlightened about killing by a follower of a magic (but curently invisible) sky sorcerer. A sorcerer who apparently moonlights as a real estate broker but only for one people.

Careful peppercorn, your disdain for religion is showing (as is your arrogance). Your particular opinion is well known to us (one that isn't shared by everyone). In any regard, it has no place on this forum.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

...I missed the class on the delusion that who murders the least is the best. Please fill me in....I so need to be morally enlightened about killing by a follower of a magic (but curently invisible) sky sorcerer. A sorcerer who apparently moonlights as a real estate broker but only for one people.

Careful peppercorn, your disdain for religion is showing (as is your arrogance). Your particular opinion is well known to us (one that isn't shared by everyone). In any regard, it has no place on this forum.

Wayne, if I have made a factually incorrect statement I would be happy to correct it. My distain is for hypocrisy, most especially the hypocrisy in using murder as a claim to the superiority of one faith over another. I find it morally interesting you object to my counter post of Taz and think it has no place on the forum but don't object to mass murder as a grading system of religions...funny that!

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

I think this thread has run it's course.
Locking

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network