May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

homeopathic treatments

69 Posts
14 Users
0 Reactions
15 K Views
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I promised to post info here for natural treatments. my family have been using them for decades! and they work and work fast.

Arnica essenz by Weleda is fantastic for wasp, bee stings, bruises etc. just wet the area and that egg you expect to appear from the bump, will hardly even pop up. sore from chainsawing all day or having smacked your shins on tree branches snapping back on you, just rub a bot on. good for arthritis symptoms as well.

combudoron salbe by Weleda is for burns and similar issues.

Plantago bronhialbalsam by "wala" is great for onslaught of chest colds

Infludo by Weleda is for early and ongoing treatment of flu

arnica ointment from weleda is creme version of liquid so good for bandage type applications

ratanhia mouthwash by weleda is good for mouth sores and i use on any lip sore that pops up after a good cold ( small dab on lip) .

Echinaforce by A.Vogel is great for prevention of colds or flu. i take at early sign of cold coming on and nine times out of ten i am good

massageol by Weleda is a good arnica massage oil for those whacks to the shins or tired and sore muscles. a few drops in a hot bath is also one we use

Burn care creme by Weleda is just that

follow doses on labels, but one thing i can say about liquids and cremes is how little is needed!

there are other oils for baths etc from Weleda and if you have the money and interest, they are all great, lavender, rosemery... Sounds like a perume shop but we iuse them to help when stressed, during and after colds etc. Mind and body are important and if a warm bath can help you focus, then baby thats what you want.

Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

...if you have the money and interest...

I'll say, Walmart has the toothpaste on for $35.00! Like you say, if you have the money... My father grew-up on a family farm in Manitoba. No running water, electricity or indoor facilities. He'd roll over in his grave if I spent $35.00 on a tube of toothpaste... 😯

None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Wayne, before your father rolls over in his grave, check out the net for the infludo and other items. It’s also all natural and that is a premium from chemical crap sold by big pharma. I understand the cost and I hate spending the money but I sacrifice other things for quality. A tiny and they are tiny bottle of infludo lasts me and my wife maybe two years. Like a good rifle and scope, you can buy stuff that breaks, jams, falls out of adjustment or you can buy good stuff that will be there when you most need it. If I can take two doses and it stops the flu coming and we are in a bad space, then that just may save my family’s lives.

If A person can put gas in the car to go to Friends house,movie... they can afford infludo, arnica etc.

I promised to pass it on and I have. People we know who have tried it, love it. Not much else I can say.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Wayne et al. For those sceptical or influenced by seemingly high cost. I recommend people purchase arnica and see the effects. Safe to safe most peepers bang shins while cutting wood, pinch finger on pail lids or a myriad of other bruises and sore muscles. A few drops is all that is needed on a bruise developing on a head or back of a hand. Maybe five drops on a shin that was whacked by a branch.

echinacea is another good one that many people now accept as an excellent early treatment for colds and flu.

Not everyone trusts homeopathy but give it a whirl in small doses and see if it works in prep supplies. Cheers

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

Clarence,

As usual you make a good point. I appreciate your post and believe that homeopathic treatments have their place in day-to-day life. We each spend our money differently and each of us has a different amount to spend. My point was that I'm happy to use baking soda before I spend $35.00 for toothpaste... There are no doubt items worth the expenditure. I believe that some people are off-the-wall when it comes to this topic. In no way do I include you among them.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Wayne. Agree with baking sofa for any prep plan. 35 bucks, buys a lot of 22 ammo or seeds.... and yes, some go off the wall on the subject, but hey, if that’s what floats their boat, go for it. God knows peppers are laughter at all the time. That is till they want our stuff!

Pragmatic approach to life and to sustaining it is key and everything I have read on this board leads in that general direction. People have opinions on outcomes, who to trust etc, but at least people are moving in direction of full or semi independence or resilience.

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

Homeopathic treatments have no evidence based proof they work. Lots of anecdotal stuff...but no evidence whatsoever. Expensive placebo's at best.

Marketing them here on a public forum is troubling.

https://www.homeowatch.org/

http://whatstheharm.net/homeopathy.html

http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/episodes/2011-episodes/cure-or-con

Let the flame wars begin if thats whats needed. But I wont sit quiet as phony remedies are peddled and people are duped into fake medicine.

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

This topic has no place in the "health" section. I do understand there is an "alternative" or "conspiracy" section on this forum I'm not privy to. You could continue the discussion there free of interference from the dissenting voice of evidence base reality.

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

I think evidenced based proof is a great thing, why limit it to just medicine though. Note in the below youtube vid, medicine is being practiced without a licence or evidence yet no one is objecting to it, no calls to restrain it! lets just be even in the application of our objections, thats all I am saying..If the below is aloud, its real hard to object to homeopathy, well not for you or me but.... Do note in the below vid I notice there are no amuputes present to ask for a leg or arm back...strange don't you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1wVQFmkIlo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1XPwKKrB78
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdUIqKJyD0Q

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

This topic has no place in the "health" section...

There are many treatments not understood fully by medical science. Chinese medicine, for example has long promoted herbal medicine, acupuncture, massage and dietary therapy.

Homeopathic medicine has been extensively studied by the Swiss Government. The result was that this government concludes that homeopathic treatment is a valid one and Switzerland’s national health insurance program pays for this treatment.

I haven't practised homeopathic Medicine myself. But if people feel that they have received a health benefit from such treatment, who is to say that they shouldn't feel free to discuss it in the health area of this Website? Really?

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Crownsman, no flame wars needed. I frankly couldn’t give a flying fig if anyone doesn’t believe in it.
I am an evidence based security professional, accustomed to hearing lies and diversions. I don’t believe a minister, deputy minister, the police, the managers, VP,s down to the guard in the lobby. Everyone has an agenda. I don’t and. I offer this for everyone’s consideration.

I was and still am a believer in conventional medicine, however, I was introduced to to homeopathic medicines from inlaws and was sceptical to say the least. I have however seen it work on myself, family and friends. Don’t take my word, but be open and try arnica on a bruise. Surely you have purchased stuff that didn’t work so it’s a small gamble right?

My family was with another and one of their kids slammed their head onto the corner of a table and you could see the egg starting to appear. My wife ( a nurse I would trust with my life) put a little arnica on it. The mother was sceptical and like many thought it was some form of witchcraft. It was hilarious to watch her face as the massive egg never appeared on the child forehead. She immediately asked what it was that was used. Maybe it was witchcraft and we fooled the bruise and the mother!

I used to cut 30 face cord of wood a year, I cut more trees down on my property in a year then are in most city parks have and arnica is a mainstay for all the cracks my leg or arms take.

So what you are saying is aspirin doesn’t work because it was originally from the aspen or willow tree! You should write the medical profession and tell them aspirin doesn’t work because it’s from inner layer of a tree. Sounds pretty homeopathic to me!
What about all the other medications that are ALL Derivatives from plants, trees etc??? I guess that’s a big hoax as well

Before anyone blows off natural medicines, they best look at all the medicines that derive the majority of their composition from. Morphine used by army....comes from what, magic powder from big pharmacy in the sky or opium, which we know is from the poppy plant! Imagine that, a plant goop being used for medicinal purposes! The shear audacity of them to do that and then tell us natural medicines are witchcraft.

So no flame wars needed. Natural Medicines have existed since day two or seven of man being on earth. Pharmaceutical companies use it. I am no conspiracy nut but know enough that where there is money, there are lies, false studies, unstudied evidence etc.

So by all means, take an aspirin for the pain in your leg if you don’t believe a plant will help. Never take penicillin because you know how that was discovered or is made from and when you look at the link, one will see sugar as part of the process. https://www.nlm.nih.gov/exhibition/fromdnatobeer/exhibition-interactive/illustrations/penicillin-alternative.html

Here’s another one on that treatment that according to you will not work because it’s natural https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penicillium

Here’s a good list. https://www.thoughtco.com/drugs-and-medicine-made-from-plants-608413

Ever wonder why the brits overseas loved gin and tonic, ever hear of malaria? Quinine in the tonic. Tonic, A drivative from a tree!!! Guess those stupid savages (dumb locals) didn’t know what worked! They should have waited for big pharma to discover it and market in a pill form!

So follow the money going to gov and the slime ball politicians and you will see big pharma. From nazi era firms to today’s big pharma pill pushers. Many on this board know governments are only moderately good at keeping roads and other iinfrastructures working. If you trust them and those who bribe them ( oops, sorry, contribute to the party) or who either conduct or help pay for the studies, fill your medicine cabinet with aspirin, but I don’t trust them. I trust my eyes, and I have seen a sugar load of things proved wrong/ lies by gov and companies.

Do t take this personal, hell, I wasn’t convinced either. If ever we meet, I will buy you a good drink made from some oat, barley, corn, grape.. derivative

ReplyQuote
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member

Homeopathy is by it's strictest definition straight up quackery. Same for Benny. Natural remedies are an entirely different thing.

ReplyQuote
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member

Yes the Swiss did add homeopathy to the list. But why is laughable.

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/society/complementary-therapies_swiss-to-recognise-homeopathy-as-legitimate-medicine/42053830

After being rejected in 2005 by the authorities for lack of scientific proof of their efficacy, complementary and alternative medicines made a comeback in 2009 when two-thirds of Swiss backed their inclusion on the constitutional list of paid health services.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

This topic has no place in the "health" section. I do understand there is an "alternative" or "conspiracy" section on this forum I'm not privy to. You could continue the discussion there free of interference from the dissenting voice of evidence base reality.

Really, natural medicines belong in conspiracy section! Sweet Jesus,now I am concerned if I have wasted my ime on this forum. Certainly looks like that on health section. Remember the good doctors telling people that smoking was good for you! Go on soldier, stand there while that blast occurs, agent orange is not harmful, DDT etc. If I had a doctor tell my wife to smoke and she died from cancer, I would be tempted to ring his flipping neck till his eyes popped! But I guess the paid trips to warm climes and laziness was and still is acceptable to many in the medical and science fields.

as one who investigates people, goverment or private sector lies, I can tell you the word conspiracy is a much abused word and if truth was allowed to be told, there would be a lot fewer conspiracies and a shit load more truth. The beauty of labeling something a conspiracy is that those who do know the truth have taken oaths of secrecy and have no real desire to spend time in a military prison. Or have signed non disclosure agreements and would be ruined. Why do you think companies and governments make people sign these? So that, with the exception of issues affecting national security cannot be revealed. I understand and certainly agree with keeping national security issues secure and would and do defend with my upmost care. But many other things called secret are just an excuse to not embarrass and that helps foster the conspiracy jokes.

Count me out of medical section, good luck with obtaining that natural treatment calledaspirin from pharmacy when and if they are shut down.
Good luck brother

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Then I said to her, I will open my own bank...It will be a change bank..bring in a twenty and I will give you two tens, or four fives, I might even do a single 10 and two fives. I think it will work

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 5
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network