May 19, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

homeopathic treatments

69 Posts
14 Users
0 Reactions
15 K Views
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

Hi Crowns,

I get your points, and yes, I agree.. 98 percent on the plants and their studied effects.. but I think we have talked a few times about the fact that I am more comfortable working with plants based on "historical" uses without the Full proper studies to back them up..

Some things work and other things give me different effects..

A real life example, if I take Chaga when I feel I need it medically and on a short term.. I do feel it gives me a overall "boost" in a very general sense.. However when I feeling totally normal, and I take it regular it appears tied to me having a lower blood pressure..

Now, I have ran this "only me" testing a few times and always with the same results.. I am using western to test and track my blood pressure numbers.. I am always on the low end of normal.. but it tips me..

here is the thing, I can use it soaps, salves or any other way in regard to skin and no issue.. but drink it or take it internally and within X amount of time.. blood pressure drops..

I would love to be part of a study and find out why.. lol

Anyway, I think everyone needs to "judge" for themselves how they interact with meds and so forth..

Sum up.. I do get your point and thank you for taking the time to reply back.. FG

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

Clarence

I have seen it go both ways.. I have seen people choose alternative and do so well with it, I have seen others choose it and suffer badly for their choice up and to death.

I have seen it go the other way as well, I still remember my one mom's friend, she was told 6 months max for her cancer.. she went totally food/herb/meditation.. she was a wonderful lady.. back in the day when she "lived her best friend" who was much more but it went unspoken..

She lived almost 9 years before she passed over..

I am glad your wife found what she needed and that for her and you, it was figured out how to make things work for you.. I am glad you have your wife.. in all her strength.. that is a blessing indeed..

FG

ReplyQuote
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member

Need a thumbs up button for your post Crowns.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Clarence

I have seen it go both ways.. I have seen people choose alternative and do so well with it, I have seen others choose it and suffer badly for their choice up and to death.

I have seen it go the other way as well, I still remember my one mom's friend, she was told 6 months max for her cancer.. she went totally food/herb/meditation.. she was a wonderful lady.. back in the day when she "lived her best friend" who was much more but it went unspoken..

She lived almost 9 years before she passed over..

I am glad your wife found what she needed and that for her and you, it was figured out how to make things work for you.. I am glad you have your wife.. in all her strength.. that is a blessing indeed..

FG

Thank you FG for the kind words. She a nurse and a big believer in he profession and conventional meds. Full bore! But as I said, we tried everything they recommended. Her parents are into natural type meds and recommended a doc in the states, we gave it a whirl and it worked for her. I tried but the meds were not covered by insurance and we couldn’t afford trying to give it a good try. Never ever would I risk my life on a whim or refuse to abandon homeopathic meds and switch back to regular ones. That’s crazy, but what is also crazy, is refusing to acknowledge evidence of other things working.

I hope you and others watch the movie “third eye spies”, Has nothing directly to do with medicine but it certainly does reveal another reality. God speed and safe travels to all

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Wow..

That was like reading polar swings lol

I will do my best to stay in the middle.. I am not going into the "wild west of Who Done it" lol and I will continue to use a blend of modern western medical help for myself, my critters and be dang grateful for it, just as I will continue to grow, forage, harvest, prepare and make and use Herbal Supports for mine, my hubby and my critters and even the plants under my care.

What is that old saying.. and it applies both ways.. don't throw the baby out with the bathwater..

I think you might be mixing up remedies that are found in what some philosophies call "nature" with Homeopathic treatments. They are two very different things.

Over half of all pharmaceuticals are derived from something found in "nature." And there are all kinds of studies showing how chemicals in nature will interact with Humans, or other creatures to our benefit. There are entire text books in the medical field...evidence based medicine that support this based on research and definitive proof.

The OP is about Homeopathy. where there is NO evidence, and the premise of the whole philosophy does not fit with our understanding of reality. It literally fits in the slot of flat earthers, or lizard men taking over the world. What is dangerous, is that Homeopathy is being touted as an alternative and giving people false hope/comfort where legitimate medical vaccines or treatment is required.

I don't think this is as controversial as it appears save for those who choose "belief" over evidence. It not does challenge that nature provides chemicals that are beneficial to Humans, or their creatures.

Crownsown. Watch the movie third eye spies and let us know if you think these people are flat earthers or some lizard people. But if your an informed individual, you will know that every major leader in history along with their intelligence folks make use of this tool. Weird concepts and completely out of this world but while some can not understand it, it does not change the fact it exists and works.

One could say the same thing about those who worshiped at the feet of big pharma and believed them about Thalidomide being safe or when doctors said smoking was good for you and so many others. Were those who questioned doctors insane statements about cancer, flat earthers ?
The thing we do here is try and survive bad situations and prepare for others. We Need to be careful about using a chainsaw and also in our medical treatments. Pretty basic stuff.

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

Clarence,

At the end of the day...as much as you desperately want to believe it works....every single study. And I mean every one...with double blind controls to ensure statistical anomalies or cognitive bias or placebos or nocebos dont taint the results....can not show any evidence it has any effect.

It comes down to mathematics. Not shifting the view to big pharma, or whatever else you want to discuss. Those are other topics which are to be critiqued on their own merits or lack thereof. But whether Big Pharma is legit or the devil's incarnate doesnt change the fact that Homeopathy is unfounded.

If you want to discuss this in a preparedness framework its easy. We all only have so many resources to allocate to Prepping. Be it time, money, or whatever. Since Homeopathy is complete garbage, dont waste any time or money on it and allocate your valuable resources elsewhere.

This isn't even a debate. I understand you have strong opinions on a great many topics. Several can be open to interpretation. Politics, personal ethics, social norms, etc. But when it comes to making assertions about reality....statistics dont lie.

I don't know how to argue mathematics with you. Its not an opinion. Its just cold hard quantifiable fact.

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Crownsown, yep, no point in arguing.

Let’s us know whether you think the people in the movie I recommended are flat earthers and lizard people. Be interesting to learn your opinion. I think that According to your math, they would be? Because there is no math or logic that the average scientist can access, those people “seeing” things must by default be nuts.

Just remember, if you say they are nuts, your saying that just about every world leader, their top intelligence people, respected scientists, engineers, doctors... for past few thousand years are all bonkers. If you say that while you are unable to “remote see”, you do believe it’s real, you may fall into the trap of agreeing with homeopathy. Sorry to box you into that conundrum but you leave me little choice. Not everything is provable with some of the math or other tools that the average person has at their disposal. The saying “gut hunch” isn’t for nothing, but to understand the value to that would require the study of di Vinci’s “ Vitruvian man”
Lots of really weird mysteries that to most minds simply do not add up but they do indeed.

ask a doctor, nurse or cop if they see an influx of crazies on a full moon. no mathematical explanation on what drives people to murder, injure or other bursts of odd ball activity during certain phases but it sure does occur. Good luck on getting a thousand scientists to agree on the cause for that, yet I think we all know it exists.

Do let us know if the theme to the movie is bonkers.

Prepping isn’t just buying or growing stuff, it’s also about “reading or seeing” a situation or storm clouds developing and the more we keep an open mind the better we have of seeing a path to surviving

Cheers

ReplyQuote
(@seticruncher)
Eminent Member

I watched a video online of a Doctor ranting about all the false info being pushed by the media regarding the current Corona Virus and he was seriously recommending everyone starting taking Quinine (a Naturally available herb) for Cell Health and treatment of Corona Virus. Apparently it's available in Health food stores and for those who didn't have access to natural sources of Quinine he recommended buying and drinking about 4 Ounces of Tonic Water a day as Tonic Water contains Quinine.

Personally, I find Tonic Water absolutely horrid and undrinkable.

I've seen limited benefits of Quinine from the limited research I've done. Anyone know if the benefits of it are worth forcing ourselves to choke down 4 Ounces of Tonic Water a day?

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

SETI, I like a few ounces of gin with the tonic, works wonders 😀
Seriously, I have no opinion on that but try with gin, it’s really pleasant

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

Crownsown, yep, no point in arguing.

Let’s us know whether you think the people in the movie I recommended are flat earthers and lizard people. Be interesting to learn your opinion. I think that According to your math, they would be? Because there is no math or logic that the average scientist can access, those people “seeing” things must by default be nuts.

Just remember, if you say they are nuts, your saying that just about every world leader, their top intelligence people, respected scientists, engineers, doctors... for past few thousand years are all bonkers. If you say that while you are unable to “remote see”, you do believe it’s real, you may fall into the trap of agreeing with homeopathy. Sorry to box you into that conundrum but you leave me little choice. Not everything is provable with some of the math or other tools that the average person has at their disposal. The saying “gut hunch” isn’t for nothing, but to understand the value to that would require the study of di Vinci’s “ Vitruvian man”
Lots of really weird mysteries that to most minds simply do not add up but they do indeed.

ask a doctor, nurse or cop if they see an influx of crazies on a full moon. no mathematical explanation on what drives people to murder, injure or other bursts of odd ball activity during certain phases but it sure does occur. Good luck on getting a thousand scientists to agree on the cause for that, yet I think we all know it exists.

Do let us know if the theme to the movie is bonkers.

Prepping isn’t just buying or growing stuff, it’s also about “reading or seeing” a situation or storm clouds developing and the more we keep an open mind the better we have of seeing a path to surviving

Cheers

actually there are studies into full moon and rise in rates of "crazies." and there is no correlation or causation. and there is no spike when the data is compiled. there are instances where it occurs as part of a statistical anomoly. these are anecdotal experiences. its the difference between anecdotal evidence (when you say "ask a doctor or nurse" ) and then compiling all the actual evidence to see there isnt a spike. thats what statistics and mathematics is clarence. this isnt controversial stuff. its actually grade 12 mathematics. all math does is quantify the reality around us...and its not a challenge or an opinion.

as for the rest of what you're saying....i dont even know how to respond anymore to you so im going to stop permanently. this isnt out of anger...but instead because its fruitless. It brings to mind the last posting you ranted about not "believing" ior it was all political wrt 100 or 50 year storms or however you worded it...(im a civil engineer..so when you stated watershed and storm management was political or however you ranted....i knew what i was dealing with....and seeing how you respond to most posts i know you're not interested in knowing over protecting already fromed opinions...which is truly saddening because you are definitely inquisitive...)

google is not synonymous with research.

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

I will play...First, this should be required viewing in grade school, or Sunday school, oh wait, it would never get played in Sunday school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkYZKSmiaYY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jElb5KPMRI

The first one has the dowsers being tested, Very funny. Clarence is absolutely right there are and have been governments funding such things, it seems to go in cycles, Funding does not mean endorsement. Does not mean it works, just that someone has a budget to allocate. I will believe in the supernatural when churches remove the lighting rods from there spires.

A good introduction to the underpinnings of the biology that lets us believe such things would be this 20 some part lecture series. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNnIGh9g6fA&t=25s

Edit.. I should add I have a friend that bought one of those magnetic wrist band things, swears it helps his arthritis, All I can say is "ok " whatever.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well crown.... you go right ahead and only believe what you see or can calculate. I know for a fact that there are things that you will never see or hear of that do indeed exist and not as you infer as some google type research. I can’t be bothered.

Smoking is good for pregnant mothers, agent orange, opioids in cough syrup and Thalidomide are all safe, just ask your doctors and other experts who conducted scientific tests and found them to be scientifically safe. Oh, and now people are being told to wear masks in public! Were your esteemed medical experts wrong and fired or are they all still out there telling new lies.

Not saying everything homeopathic....... is correct, but I am saying your engineers, doctors, scientists etc are not always right either. They often change their facts and proof as often as a public toilet seat goes up and down in a day. Hey I almost forgot, does NYC still exist or is it underwater. I hear reports of death there and was wondering if they named another city the same name. The original one sunk some time ago due to global warming, thank god the thousands of engineers warned us, be a shame to not listen to them.

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

Gentleman.. or is it boys.. Boy's.. play nice kay. please.. don't make me move this to the fringe..

Ok, really you have been playing nice.. getting the points across and all.. but there is no meet in the middle on this..

So in the words of the gal from Frozen..

LET IT GOOOO.. LET IT GOOOOOOOOOO

🙂 FG

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

but... there is a mistake on the internet?

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
CanCricket
(@cancricket)
Trusted Member

I’m glad to see a small number of people here who understand that homeopathy is complete bunk. There’s literally nothing in it. People complain about ‘Big Pharma’ without even understanding what they’re complaining about. They’d rather pay money for nothing, than pay money for something that has been tested and is effective. They’d rather take something that is completely untested, which could kill them or make them seriously ill, than take something that has been rigorously tested. For me, it’s a sign of mental illness, to go completely against logic and pay money for this garbage. Seriously, if you find yourself avoiding Western medicine, but believing in snake oil, ask yourself why. You’re actually paying more, for charlatans to potentially make you incredibly ill.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network