May 04, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Arc Continuity

46 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
16.3 K Views
ArcContinuity
(@arccontinuity)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hey there I'm Nathan Stevenson, the operator of Arc Continuity.

Arc Continuity offers defense/security services to the public. We offer services such as:

Shelter design
Property Location
Preparedness Consulting
Security Assessments
Emergency Alert System, among others.

Please visit the website to get a better idea of what we do and feel free to contact us for more details via email, phone or here on the forum.

http://www.ArcContinuity.com

Thanks for looking, we look forward to hearing from you.

www.ArcContinuity.com

(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

Can you describe a bit more about your company.

-Where are you located?
-You do product acquisition. Do you have a product list.
-What major centres do you have "safe houses" in? How do I know if one is near me and applicable?
-So the prices for 6 mos, 12mos., etc. are a monthly rental fee to have access to stores to last that long, and a refuge safe house? Or is it just access to the supplies?
-Your design page talks about design. Do you design structures or properties? Do you do buildings, or more security for different locations/setups?
-Do you have any info. on your staff? Experience, education, background, etc. to get an idea of who/what is doing this.

Thanks braugh.

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I think that you can claim anything since you do not have to prove it with the excuse of confidentiality. You state that these locations must remain secret and so it would be hard to verify any claims. Thus the remainder of what you offer is advice... The ironic thing is that you are advertising on a site where folks share data freely and therefore all knowledge that you profess to have would need to be far more useful to get someone to pay you for it.

You assume that all that is mentioned here professes the limits of those participating, when it truth it is just that which folks are willing to share freely. It is hard to imagine that you have such valuable insight that folks here would pay instead of maybe just asking others in a thread first. You can see that many here have military backgrounds. Others have a lifetime of gardening, hunting, farming and raising livestock. More have medical, carpentry and many other trades to draw from. At best your website has only a select few to draw from and knowledge you have acquired has likely obtained from sites such as this. Therefore what you offer won't be of much help here as many have been collecting such data for years just as you likely have and what you possess is apt to be redundant.

Therefore to present a website and then proclaim that much has to be kept confidential is going to be a hard pill to swallow as it is like saying " I will sell you something in this box but I can't tell you what it is but it's good!". What happens if we already know all the contents in the box? My point therefore is that you will likely have to find a different place to sell as your have attached a price to that which others share freely!

ReplyQuote
ArcContinuity
(@arccontinuity)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Can you describe a bit more about your company.

-Where are you located?
-You do product acquisition. Do you have a product list.
-What major centres do you have "safe houses" in? How do I know if one is near me and applicable?
-So the prices for 6 mos, 12mos., etc. are a monthly rental fee to have access to stores to last that long, and a refuge safe house? Or is it just access to the supplies?
-Your design page talks about design. Do you design structures or properties? Do you do buildings, or more security for different locations/setups?
-Do you have any info. on your staff? Experience, education, background, etc. to get an idea of who/what is doing this.

Thanks braugh.

Yea absolutely, no problem.

I actually appreciate your questions, this is the feedback time frame where we get ideas of questions the customers would like answered and I connect with the webmaster and update the site for all such questions. So again thank you, sometimes when you know all the answers its hard to think from an uninformed perspective!

Our main office is located in Sutton West, Ontario. (Map is on the website under contact page)

We currently do NOT have our own line of products. We facilitate the needs of our clients by finding and acquiring the supplies for them or directing them to the best prices. We do this based on criteria they require for their location, expectations/beliefs and/or standard guidelines/check lists for emergency preparedness. (the common supplies required based on a broad spectrum of "what ifs" and calorie requirements.)

Exact "Safe House" locations are confidential, of course. We would require a bit of information from you to inform you if one is in your vicinity but for exact locations you would need to sign our confidentiality contract. (That's another thing you've brought to mind, for ease of process we will put up a map of areas with general vicinity points to suggest to clients where locations may be. As well as locations coming.)

The price for each package is a monthly charge. The client has immediate access to the supplies regardless of how many months he is in, on the contract. If the client removes/consumes the supplies at any time in that period, at a time we have not deemed applicable to a "state of emergency" or "SHTF" level event, it is the clients responsibility to return those supplies to their original standing, if they wish. If so the client would incur any cost required by Arc Cont. to do so. With the monthly fee they get full access to the facility. Once the contract expires (or is terminated) their access will be revoked. The supplies remain theirs at the end of term given there is no outstanding monies. The "Safe Houses" are designed to be secure facilities for the supplies but we can't stop the clients from using the facility as refuge in the event of a disaster. Though they may (most likely) be sharing that space with up to 50 other clients. But simply put, if an event (non-apocalyptic) occurs, they are free to use the facility as shelter if their lives are in danger, though we don't suggest it. The best option would be for them to get a shelter/bunker placed at a location further away and use our facilities as a supply stop to get them there.

Though we do not have an Architect on staff, we do-do design for anything. Buildings, shelters (under or above ground) panic rooms, vault installation/design. What ever the needs, we'll design it, walk the client through the design until their needs are met and render these designs for presentation purposes. We also advise on how to apply for permits (if required) in a discreet way as to promote operational discretion. As well, we advise on lower level security such as alarms, camers, etc. pertaining to their placement and effectiveness.

We have 3 permanent members of our staff (all share ownership of the company). Though I will not describe the partners by name I will describe what they bring to the table for our clients.

Partner 1 has 8+ years Infectious Control experience who maintains as our authority on sanitation, health and safety and they guide our clients on the hurtles that come with close proximity spaces (such as a fall out shelter).

Partner 2 is our management side. With over 13 years experience in running businesses she orchestrates the whole system. Her governance has kept us on the tracks in our other ventures. She holds many educational accolades but none that necessarily pertain to Arc Continuity (Arc Continuity is one of several of our operations)

Partner 3 (myself) have business consulting experience (3 years), marketing and media experience. Though nothing formally it is experience and the real world only works one way. I have approx. 5 years experience of "deep cover" as a C.I. in some of the hardest gangs to hit North America (Toronto/GTA). I have worked alongside the York Regional Police and O.P.P., though in a civilian capacity I have much experience and stories to share with our clients.

We all have 3+ years preparedness experience and are continuously involved Preppers.

Thus bringing me to our non-employee persons. We use law enforcement and ex-military personnel in an advisory capacity. We outsource some of what we offer as well as bring in others for specific projects. We use a team of 4 to "expertly assess" current events to guide our Alert System and standards of practice for setting the bar of "states of emergency". They help us assess an event (recent shooting in Ottawa for example) in real time and we transmit this information to our clients. Suggesting for them to find shelter or remove themselves from the environment. In addition we are looking to bring an experienced ex-law enforcement or HIGHLY experienced person from the preparedness industry onto our board of directors.

I think that covers all your questions. Please feel free to dig deeper and ask us anything else that comes to mind.

Thank you.

www.ArcContinuity.com

ReplyQuote
ArcContinuity
(@arccontinuity)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I think that you can claim anything since you do not have to prove it with the excuse of confidentiality. You state that these locations must remain secret and so it would be hard to verify any claims. Thus the remainder of what you offer is advice... The ironic thing is that you are advertising on a site where folks share data freely and therefore all knowledge that you profess to have would need to be far more useful to get someone to pay you for it.

You assume that all that is mentioned here professes the limits of those participating, when it truth it is just that which folks are willing to share freely. It is hard to imagine that you have such valuable insight that folks here would pay instead of maybe just asking others in a thread first. You can see that many here have military backgrounds. Others have a lifetime of gardening, hunting, farming and raising livestock. More have medical, carpentry and many other trades to draw from. At best your website has only a select few to draw from and knowledge you have acquired has likely obtained from sites such as this. Therefore what you offer won't be of much help here as many have been collecting such data for years just as you likely have and what you possess is apt to be redundant.

Therefore to present a website and then proclaim that much has to be kept confidential is going to be a hard pill to swallow as it is like saying " I will sell you something in this box but I can't tell you what it is but it's good!". What happens if we already know all the contents in the box? My point therefore is that you will likely have to find a different place to sell as your have attached a price to that which others share freely!

I'm sorry but I'm not quite sure what you are referencing to. Are you stating the lack of relevance our company has to this community/forum and it is pointless for us to post on it? Please clarify your point so I can better understand and maybe address some of your concerns.

Thank you!

www.ArcContinuity.com

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I like the aspect that there might be some organization to which others could refer in a time of crisis. I like to see folks try to create a network which could preempt situational warnings to those in a danger zone. I like folks having a fallback plan to relocate if need be. I like to think we all have it within us to help our neighbour in times of crisis without there being a special seat saved for those with the fattest wallet.

I figure that anyone who puts their faith in folks who service is soley for profit will likely find that loyalty can't be bought in critical times. I've mentioned in other threads how maybe tourist camps could do such things in a SHTF scenario, but again there is always the issue if the key fit the door when an event did occur.. All contracts are of little use when a court of law is on vacation. How does an individual have a guarantee in critical times?

I've worn a badge and seen enough in my life to have doubts as to such offers you propose. I can see that you are articulate in your above answers. I can do that too if I try but I'm pretty straight forward on a few things and this is one of them... I just hate to think how many folks might opt for others to do their homework and then wonder why they later fail the test!

ReplyQuote
ArcContinuity
(@arccontinuity)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I like the aspect that there might be some organization to which others could refer in a time of crisis. I like to see folks try to create a network which could preempt situational warnings to those in a danger zone. I like folks having a fallback plan to relocate if need be. I like to think we all have it within us to help our neighbour in times of crisis without there being a special seat saved for those with the fattest wallet.

I figure that anyone who puts their faith in folks who service is soley for profit will likely find that loyalty can't be bought in critical times. I've mentioned in other threads how maybe tourist camps could do such things in a SHTF scenario, but again there is always the issue if the key fit the door when an event did occur.. All contracts are of little use when a court of law is on vacation. How does an individual have a guarantee in critical times?

I've worn a badge and seen enough in my life to have doubts as to such offers you propose. I can see that you are articulate in your above answers. I can do that too if I try but I'm pretty straight forward on a few things and this is one of them... I just hate to think how many folks might opt for others to do their homework and then wonder why they later fail the test!

I can absolutely understand where you are coming from and we appreciate your perspective. As delightful as your concepts appear, in a perfect world they may have merit and be applicable. It would be great for neighbours to help neighbours and for even non-government elements to form response/rescue initiatives for helping anyone, regardless of their financial merit. But this is not the world we live in today. It takes the generation of funds and spanning contacts to create such a program. This is on our agenda and I'm pleased you have brought it up. All in due time. As they say, Freedom isn't free. We need to create a sustainable operation to be able to venture into our other initiatives, via Arc Continuity and our other businesses.

I'm not quite sure how your concepts apply to our services though. We do offer the ability for people who wish to just have a heads up on events, have that wish facilitated.

I believe you have the wrong picture drawn in your mind. We are not offering a seat on an arch to the highest bidder. Which is what you are clearly saying and I could understand the point that all contracts and agreements can be waived and not fulfilled during a substantial event, IF we were offering such a service. But as said, that's not what we are proposing. We are facilitating the creation of safe locations primarily for the individuals purchasing them. We do not offer any such seat. The secure facilities will contain provisions, independently verifiable by the client. There will be no "take backs" of any such provisions given the occurrence of an event or "court of law vacation" as you've stated. We understand that everyone is "on their own" given such an event. We do not guarantee the upkeep or security of any said facilities after an event.

As a reiteration of our services so you may clear your portrait of our company. We offer design and orchestration of secure shelters, safe rooms, security systems, provision acquisition etc. We do offer ground up design or consultations to steer you in the right direction if you wish to proceed without our services. We offer "subsidized provision plans" for those that feel they need the supplies NOW but can't afford it. This will in turn HELP more people than just profiteering as you seem to suggest. The stress and feelings of responsibility can be overwhelming especially for NEW Preppers. We seek to address and reduce these experiences. We do not expect nor advise that our clients avoid learning on their own as was your concern. Though there are MANY people that want the security of provisions but want nothing to do with what's required to do that. We understand and respect this position, hence our relevance. These clients may not "do their homework" and "later fail the test", but they are 6 months, 1 year, 5 years, closer to being responsible for themselves in a catastrophic event. Much more than can be said about others who wish to not give the conversation of preparedness 30 seconds of their time.

Thus I further propose that we are doing more good than harm. We can be a major benefit to the industry (not just another product hocker).

We appreciate your concern for your fellow members.

www.ArcContinuity.com

ReplyQuote
 Syn
(@syn)
Reputable Member

I got the impression up to 50 other parties who have bought in will have access to converge at a secured storage location and design services for accomadation are offered, not the actual accomadation ? Is this location set up to accomadate all these people living in it with amenities to house a large group or is it strictly set up like a large storage locker complex in a warehouse or an outside complex? Does each person have access to multiple locations or is one designated for their use? How do you control the situation in an emergency when multiple parties converge in a location to ensure that each persons allotted entitlement to supplies they have contracted for is securely distributed in a dire emergency condition, do they each have their own storage locker? Is there armed security teams or just a single individual at each site controlling the access and egress as well as distribution of supplies ?

ReplyQuote
ArcContinuity
(@arccontinuity)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I got the impression up to 50 other parties who have bought in will have access to converge at a secured storage location and design services for accomadation are offered, not the actual accomadation ? Is this location set up to accomadate all these people living in it with amenities to house a large group or is it strictly set up like a large storage locker complex in a warehouse or an outside complex? Does each person have access to multiple locations or is one designated for their use? How do you control the situation in an emergency when multiple parties converge in a location to ensure that each persons allotted entitlement to supplies they have contracted for is securely distributed in a dire emergency condition, do they each have their own storage locker? Is there armed security teams or just a single individual at each site controlling the access and egress as well as distribution of supplies ?

Something went wrong in my response so this another attempt at answering your questions.(hope it gets through!)

I can understand the confusion of it being an arch of sorts for up to 50 individuals. It is more as you said, a "large storage locker complex". It is a secure facility accessed by key card with storage units designated to each client.

Clients do NOT have access to multiple locations. Their supplies are available at their designated location only. If we were to have multiple locations then supplies would have to carry over universally and if all members showed up at one location that would be an issue. Not to mention the earlier gentleman's issue of how would we be able to maintain security and dissemination of provisions to designated clients in the event of a disaster. It's very difficult to ensure security guards "hold their post" during an event. Thus all our systems are automated. Clients are also able to access the security cameras and discern whether it is safe or not to head to said facilities.

www.ArcContinuity.com

ReplyQuote
 Syn
(@syn)
Reputable Member

So it is more like a rental storage locker that you have stocked with supplies . How do you determine the amount and quality , for instance some people carry a few bandaids in their wallet and others have a dolly with medical bags and crates of equipment they consider adequate . Some people stock 1500 calories a day in a few plastic containers , others have stocked with full meal plans in mind similar to what they eat that would fill shelf upon shelf with food items we are familiar cooking with . You have a provisional plan so what is that offering exactly ? Also what is the minimal term of the contract ?

ReplyQuote
ArcContinuity
(@arccontinuity)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

So it is more like a rental storage locker that you have stocked with supplies . How do you determine the amount and quality , for instance some people carry a few bandaids in their wallet and others have a dolly with medical bags and crates of equipment they consider adequate . Some people stock 1500 calories a day in a few plastic containers , others have stocked with full meal plans in mind similar to what they eat that would fill shelf upon shelf with food items we are familiar cooking with . You have a provisional plan so what is that offering exactly ? Also what is the minimal term of the contract ?

We do not offer the facility as a bring-your-own supplies service. We provide the (6 months for example) provisions to the clients and dedicate a storage space to them. They are welcome to provide us any important criteria such as religion, allergies, medical, personal preferences, etc. Thus negating the issue of what people THINK they know about what and how much they need.

The minimal term is 1 year. Clients will receive IMMEDIATE access to their provisions upon the first months payment, if the plan is under 1 year of provisions. Given we "front" the cost of the provisions for immediate access, we may require additional time for any amount of provisions after 1 year supply, but at minimum 1 year will be made available immediately.

www.ArcContinuity.com

ReplyQuote
ArcContinuity
(@arccontinuity)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I will say that these comments and dialogue have inspired myself and brought some new ideas to light. Maybe some additions to the system. I will be pleasantly bringing these ideas to the table at our meeting tonight. I will update with the first posting with any news and I will further break down the business as your comments have made me to realize is very necessary. This will carry over to the website as well. Thanks again for the comments.

www.ArcContinuity.com

ReplyQuote
(@goldie)
Honorable Member

My thoughts on this are , many on this forum already have large storage of items they have selected.
We share ideas / tips / how to / etc etc for free

We have no monthly fee for this. We can eat / consume / use our supplies and then replenish as they wish or not wish.

It is already expensive for preppers to accumulate supplies , not to mention paying someone else to help you do it.
Sorry , this idea is not for me.

From what I've read so far, I would be afraid that when the time came , if I kept my monthly fee going over the years,
that my supplies would become out of date, or that in the event I needed to use them, myself and everyone would be locked out
and what we would find is that we had actually foot the bill for someone else to accumulate all these supplies for their use, and not ours.

Many of us like to have hands on our supplies , and many have them in more than 1, 2 or 3 locations as a backup.
And we like to check on them, and rotate them. etc etc.

There is not enough on your website to tell us what you actually offer. I thought what you were offering was
the building of hidden underground bunkers , or a secret BOL community. Your website seems to be very secret in
telling what you really do offer. Not sure what the point of your website is then . Are your 3 staff people the people in the photo ?

In the event of SHTF , people might not be able to travel via car to pick up supplies, roads might be blocked,
gas might be limited or expensive. To be able to get to " tim-buck-two " location might not be easy or convenient
and many would like to have a BOL when they get there, not have to cart a load back home in a backpack or
a wheelbarrow.

There is no community network here, if this is for people that are newbies , and need leadership, will there
be leadership for them in a SHTF. Do you just go to the storage location and get some supplies ?
Is there someone there to hand them out ?

And under what circumstances can people draw from their supplies ?
Some people prep for a rainy day for when they are out of work . Would they have to fill in a form to take stuff out if there
is no disaster or SHTF ?

I'm with you Knuckle

ReplyQuote
ArcContinuity
(@arccontinuity)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

My thoughts on this are , many on this forum already have large storage of items they have selected.
We share ideas / tips / how to / etc etc for free

We have no monthly fee for this. We can eat / consume / use our supplies and then replenish as they wish or not wish.

It is already expensive for preppers to accumulate supplies , not to mention paying someone else to help you do it.
Sorry , this idea is not for me.

From what I've read so far, I would be afraid that when the time came , if I kept my monthly fee going over the years,
that my supplies would become out of date, or that in the event I needed to use them, myself and everyone would be locked out
and what we would find is that we had actually foot the bill for someone else to accumulate all these supplies for their use, and not ours.

Many of us like to have hands on our supplies , and many have them in more than 1, 2 or 3 locations as a backup.
And we like to check on them, and rotate them. etc etc.

There is not enough on your website to tell us what you actually offer. I thought what you were offering was
the building of hidden underground bunkers , or a secret BOL community. Your website seems to be very secret in
telling what you really do offer. Not sure what the point of your website is then . Are your 3 staff people the people in the photo ?

In the event of SHTF , people might not be able to travel via car to pick up supplies, roads might be blocked,
gas might be limited or expensive. To be able to get to " tim-buck-two " location might not be easy or convenient
and many would like to have a BOL when they get there, not have to cart a load back home in a backpack or
a wheelbarrow.

There is no community network here, if this is for people that are newbies , and need leadership, will there
be leadership for them in a SHTF. Do you just go to the storage location and get some supplies ?
Is there someone there to hand them out ?

And under what circumstances can people draw from their supplies ?
Some people prep for a rainy day for when they are out of work . Would they have to fill in a form to take stuff out if there
is no disaster or SHTF ?

I'm with you Knuckle

I'm sure your concerns are genuine. And I will address them as so.

We do not charge a monthly fee for information. Nowhere is that stated.

It seems to be that people are painting their own picture with their imagination. You guys or the people that frequent this forum are not the only people out there who prepare. It's actually trickled down in sorts from the more common practices into the modern prepping culture we have today. Note that I am aware of its practice in the rural areas throughout any given point in history, wealthy or not people prepared, year after year.

The supplies will not become out of date. They will be routinely rotated and replaced for the clients.

I understand that it is expensive to prep, but I do not find reason behind your point of it being difficult to add an additional expense. This program is not intended to be used in addition ones own prepping practice. Think of it like insurance. You pay monthly for the "what if". Our form doesn't pay out when "SHTF" because clearly, as knuckle pointed out, it would be difficult to govern that and ensure that we actually do provide what has been paid for.

I am definitely sorry for the confusion of the website. I will address this in tonight's meeting. But no, it is not push the creation of a BOL or community, arch, etc.

I can see your concerns on transporting the supplies from the facility to any given destination. That is to be considered by the client when purchasing a given amount. They may wish to break a 4 year supply into 2 or 3 locations. Giving you plan A, B & C. or to hold them over throughout their routed path to a end location. Regardless of needing to get to our facility, transport of supplies or personnel is already to be considered and prepared for by each individual and I can't see how routing to the facility would create any more preemptive preparedness beyond what one must do already.

As with any form of preparedness, we do not provide any form of leadership, guidance or support during an event beyond the allotted provisions. As stated, we do encourage people to continue to learn and train for an emergency. There is no form to take remove the provisions but the units will be kept-up monthly. Meaning the units and their contents will be checked once a month to ensure they are sound and up to snuff.

www.ArcContinuity.com

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

So here is what I have understood so far...

You are running a service that works like car insurance. Your not even spilling a hint as to what these prices are for this service. You are trying to capitalize on the fact that no event will occur for [x]= alloted period of time and statistically have deduced that you can make [y]= dollars over [z]= time frame.

You likely have some deal with various properties that the presently empty and on the market. You might take a few measures to make them truly secure to properly meet the criteria of a SHTF scenario but only ones that aren't too expensive. I'm betting that you hold title or have access rights to said properties and they are of little present value in a bad location and market value has owners just sitting on them anyways. You probably already provide a security service to these locations and have thus installed webcams and such to reduce costs of patrolling them. I'm also betting that you will even offer customer access to some website cameras and maybe one pointing at some food rations too.....all for how much?

You came up with this scheme that you could provide this type of service to the public and make a killing. As this is a new concept, there are no regulatory requirements preset by the government so you can make up whatever concept and call it foolproof. You are likely posting here to further work out the bugs in your ponzi scheme and fill in holes to your sales pitch.

There is no room for profit unless work on a % factor as an insurance company would. But for them, they are required to meet preset criteria such as having a set reserve for payouts. You are not only offering residence, but also are willing to rotate food for a specific number of people at said location for how long? You would cram 50 persons into a specified location with considerations to such as power outages and no water? You would cram 50 strangers together without consideration of age, sex and maybe mental state? How could you guarantee one's safety from others within your premises?

There are just too many factors for this concept to be a valid option for an affordable price. I'm betting at the first sign of a real SHTF scenario, you and yours are not there to ensure customer safety. Your contracts would likely require a good lawyer to find the loopholes but I'm sure there are back doors to escape all liability on your behalf. You may be a former P/O but such things as this proposal would give me doubts if you were to have my back. You are not being out front and only answer indirectly on any given topic. This aspect alone is why I doubt the legitimacy of this service.

I hope others continue to keep asking more questions so we can see all and learn from your answers. We have a few members here who have created or are still trying to create a Utopian society in these unstable times. They hold nothing back when asked questions and their sincerity shows in their answers. And they are part of these communities, working hard to measure neighbours properly so a bad apple doesn't spoil the party. Can you say the same?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network