May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Arc Continuity

46 Posts
11 Users
0 Reactions
16.3 K Views
(@goldie)
Honorable Member

I'm with you Knuckle.

However I did not think he was offering any residence at all for the 50 families buying supplies through him.
I thought it was just a storage unit of prepping supplies, at a secret location. You need a wheelbarrow to drag them home.

Dont' forget when the hydro goes off and the internet crashes, you won't be able to monitor the building to see if it is safe.

If he was offering residence at that location, it would be more than 50 people as often a family has more than one person .

Don't forget there is profit to me made by buying in bulk for all those 50 families supplies and then
charging the full price to each buyer. You are not allowed to bring in your own supplies. DING DING πŸ’‘

The more I think about this, the more I don't like about it.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Here's what I gather so far : for the same reasons I have physical precious metals instead of buying them into a virtual account, I think this service breaks one of the Cardinal prepper rule: if you can't hold it, you don't own it.

Good luck with your endeavour, but it's not for me.

ReplyQuote
(@goldie)
Honorable Member

EXACTLY Helicopilot - I totally agree with your statement.
I think this service breaks one of the Cardinal prepper rule: if you can't hold it, you don't own it.

As I already said, this is not for me.
This idea is ridiculous , you would find in SHTF the joke would be on you , your supplies would not be there.

Somebody else has total control over everything.

If we have trouble trusting our neighbor , I am sure not going to trust a strange business that I know even less
that I found on the web to hold all my supplies in " tim-buck-2 " , that also doesn't seem to have any
references, or any projects to show even for what they've done for themselves , which makes me think there really
are no projects yet.

Is this another test to see if we can spot a SCAM .

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Folks,

I think that collectively, we fail to offer the courtesy that should be extended to any new member. So far, the posters have offered their opinions, but we nonetheless have to remain courteous and polite despite one's personal point-of-view.

Arc Continuity is an entrepreneur and may have found a niche that some may find advantageous.

I would suggest we remain civil while offering an opportunity to Mr ArcContinuity the opportunity to offer his services without jumping to conclusions and offering a group lynching. Maybe with some tweaking, his entrepreunarial approach may lead to some sort of well sought after service or product. That said, the current business model doesn't sit right with me.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Let me be the first to say I love a good linching...have rope, stool , and will travel...but dont have the apietite when they squarely state thier business, wish more were up front.....much more bothered by the indirect and decietful.
Have a futher post when I get more time, otherwise welcome.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@underprepared)
Estimable Member

From a business perspective, I can't understand the profit margin. This company wants to provide secure acess to a highly stocked cache of goods guaranteed not to spoil or rot. The company will do this for a small monthly fee. The stock can even be used up by the customer at any time with a promise to replenish at a later date.
From a client perspective, I say sure! I'll take your hamburgers today for a promise to pay tuesday.

ReplyQuote
ArcContinuity
(@arccontinuity)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys!

I just wanted to update everyone on our meeting last night. I showed my partners as well as some affiliates your comments and concerns and to the most part they agree. The confusion or lack of understanding of the concept is something they expected from the general public. Unfortunately the comments (some more than others) also proved them right in our discussion on whether to present the idea, even remotely on this forum. Our affiliates in the past have introduced themselves and initiatives here and received the same "lynching" effect. Lack of understanding and confusion by members (among outright insults) which led to them pulling themselves from this forum, personally and professionally. Against their advice I figured I would give it a shot and oddly enough, lighting strikes in the same place! (more than twice according to each of our affiliates and even partners separate accounts)

That being said, I don't wish to "pull the plug" on our business by removing it from here. Though with last nights changes and opportunities brought to the table, we have decided to remove the offering of provision plans from the public. We, including myself, are members of Freemasonry and Order of the Eastern Star and we have unanimously decided that it is a much more logical to deal with brothers and "clientele" that have already proven our character. As were the concerns from members here were to the effect that you can't trust and unknown company and there is clientele for this "niche" business but likely it is not here. We have come to agree with most of what you all have said and we will pursue the offering for our brothers only. I will update this page immediately as we will still be offering consulting and design. The consulting will remain to be effective for designing shelters/hardened structures, safe rooms, security systems and the like. As I've stated, I appreciate all your comments (even the attempts at insult and lack of regard for reference to the given answers) and I wish to maintain a presence on this forum to further pursue the initiative of creating a "web" of contacts that preppers can rely on. Though I have not given it any major development efforts, I will be very open to working with everyone via. feedback and partnership, to see this project come to light.

Thanks again guys.

www.ArcContinuity.com

ReplyQuote
(@goldie)
Honorable Member

Will be looking forward to actually seeing examples on your business website of what you offer in shelters and safe rooms
to get a better understanding, because there is really not much there .

ReplyQuote
(@underprepared)
Estimable Member

Hey guys!

We, including myself, are members of Freemasonry and Order of the Eastern Star and we have unanimously decided that it is a much more logical to deal with brothers and "clientele" that have already proven our character.

Now it makes sense. Count me out.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Okay, that was creepy!

So why would these organizations back you in such endevours? Why would you not have made such offers to you own members first? Why offer to start a network hub and try to recruit our folks to post on your website? The real creepy part peeking through though is now as you proclaim to be part of these organizations which will annoy many here a great deal. So why do this also?

Some folks here noted that your clan appears quite young to have the credentials you proclaim. I know in my time that you would not become a member of any crime investigations group until you were at least in your late 30's. So on this premiss i think you might have you hold B/A in nothing but BS. But your still young and so this is expected.

I don't opt for any lynching either, but am amazed that Peppercorn didn't offer to bring popcorn to the event as he was supplying most other things if the time came. πŸ˜†

ReplyQuote
(@goldie)
Honorable Member

We, including myself, are members of Freemasonry and Order of the Eastern Star and we have unanimously decided that it is a much more logical to deal with brothers and "clientele" that have already proven our character. We have come to agree with most of what you all have said and we will pursue the offering for our brothers only..

This makes much more sense as you already have a community of brothers and sisters that you can work together with and the trust is already there.
You an even hold special canning days, and could even get some guest speakers to talk about prepping for your community.

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

Hey guys!

We, including myself, are members of Freemasonry and Order of the Eastern Star and we have unanimously decided that it is a much more logical to deal with brothers and "clientele" that have already proven our character.

Now it makes sense. Count me out.

I'm a little slow....what makes sense?

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
(@underprepared)
Estimable Member

Yeah...
What Goldie said.

ReplyQuote
 Syn
(@syn)
Reputable Member

I was just trying to figure this out before the free masonary and order of eastern star curveball was thrown in . Nathan is in marketing and if I missed his reply, my guess is the website is half put together with stock photos of some sort. I looked at the wikipedia entry for order of the eastern star and the pictures were quite opposite the three younger hipsters in pinstripe suits on the website so I am guessing they are just three people . Nathan it isn't that hard to put up ten pages of website before launching this concept so it is more clear , too much of your website is incomplete and somewhere you commented that up to 50 peoples supplies would be contained at the same site and you could not prevent people from taking refuge there. Right there the additional presented fact that you design safety type shelters lead to confusion that the site also offered shelter. The fact you have no control over these sites suggested to me that you were thinking of utilizing commercial public storage units . I ascertained his partner Renee runs the business end and runs their dog boarding kennel. Then there is a third person . All of them have a few years of prepping experience and none are architects or landscape architects . So now the provisions plan is now going to be switched to a more of a networked marketing sort of thing within the freemasonary circle . Is that correct ? All good and fine it is still a route that is your perogative .
I am curious how you came to be in the position of being 5 years under 'deep cover' ? And how does this eastern star and free masonary thing fit with what was presented ? I am still not understanding if that is like a fraternity or like a religion ?

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I think it would be fun to hear more on your affiliates and this lynching effect they caused as they too must have then pushed a few buttons on various levels then too. You seem to have only a limited understanding of how folks think on the subject of prepping though as we found so many aspects that you haven't even considered. If this were something you had dwelled upon for awhile, I think that you'd have packaged this in a different manner.

Now I even find myself approaching this subject more cautiously as I now don't wish to feed you better tactics to help you entice folks here with. I see that you do have some pricing listed and can't imagine how you could expect to turn a profit if you were to truly fill the role expected by many here. Here is that pricing BTW while I caution others before they start considering this offer to remember that in a time of crisis, nobody is going to be checking on the honesty of such offers. So such offers can be easily assuming such with the concept "a fool and his money are soon parted".

SUBSIDIZED PROVISIONS

6 MONTH SUPPLY - $78.00*+ TAX
12 MONTH SUPPLY - $148.20* + TAX
18 MONTH SUPPLY - $210.60* + TAX
24 MONTH SUPPLY - $265.20* + TAX
* prices are per person per month
10% discount on each person after 3, families only

Situation Alert System: $16.00 month plus tax

Now I mentioned earlier that a box of Kraft dinner where I live sells for $2.37 I think it was an thus I travel a good ways and load up on groceries. Well, 15 years ago a fella came around and offered the wife a years supply of groceries (plus all other necessities for $2500.00 for a family of 5). She was on that so fast as she knew what we spent and it was alot more than that. He also signed her up with a Mastercard which was another on his pitches. Now this deal was complete and the wife proclaimed she saved us a ton of money and it indeed seemed so. A truck showed up and delivered so much stuff that it again seemed worthy. But alot of this stuff turned out to be things we didn't eat, cleaning products that were bulk crap, and far from a years worth unless your whole family ate like 1/4 of their present diet. And now the wife had a credit card that she hadn't had before and with high interest rates to boot.

If it sounds too good to be true, that is because it most likely is!

Now I did find this Situation Alert concept is a good idea though, just not with a price tag attached. It seems that maybe we could get something like that going here thru the forum with an admin such as Denob at the helm (hint, hint) πŸ˜€ Since he has means to likely contact most of us if such an event did occur and we weren't already aware, this forum could maybe even save a life or two someday! Then someone might even owe ya a beer or 2,or 3.....

PSST: Wake UP Denob! I know yer in them shadows somewhere........ πŸ˜€ 😎

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network