May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

What are your reasons for / How did you get into prepping

19 Posts
16 Users
0 Reactions
(@gambit)
Eminent Member

Hmmmmm that's a tough question. I would have to say it was the natural conclusion to a lot of research.

ReplyQuote
(@profamilia)

Well I grew up in a off the grid farmsted/ranch. After seeing what war does to a country and its people, while I have servered with our military and in other countries working a "secuirty" job outside of the military no matter the country be it war or acked of nature. People are always the same... As for the how. I'm working at my stocks, and skills. I am trying to expand my skillset in the medical field from tactical to Surgical and care giving. Also my mechanical skills and machining parts and tools. Maybe I can last a year right now but thats not good enough 😎

ReplyQuote
(@razerp)
Estimable Member

Seriously into prepping? after the 2010-11 floods here in Qld, most of my family was either cut off from home for a bit, nearly swept away, or in the case of my parents forced to go to relatives due to power out for 5 days. myself and one brothers family were barely affected aside from in a general sense.
As I depend on grocery delivery services which were suspended due to unsafe conditions on the roads, I was a little short on supllies. this got me looking at being more ready.. I had basics (many thunderstorms here), but I started researching, and stocking up, and learning.

I grew up on Looney Tunes, Marx Brothers mvies and Robin Williams, Enter my mind at your own risk

ReplyQuote
(@zoom1200)

the ice storm for me. we were lucky we had a generator and a wood stove.. now we are prepping for the longer outages.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network