May 17, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

US elections

37 Posts
14 Users
0 Reactions
(@threestorms)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I have been talking to some friends in the US and they do have some concerns about the next 4 years.

Regardless if Clinton or Trump get in they see them both as bad choices.

Do you think we will see more US preppers heading north of the border? or as my friends are doing they are preparing locally and preparing for economic issues.

(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Every 4 years (or 8) we hear of people "promising" to move north if their party doesn't get elected. I have yet to notice a mass exodus...

That said, a good American friend of mine told me that this year's election is like "choosing which STD is more desirable" 😉

It will be interesting as the candidates are frankly unusual and there will be worldwide ripple effects, likely both good and bad.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

isn't it hilarious. I view US elections as performance art. Its no wonder they have to bring (1700s) democracy to the often brown (er) peoples of the world ( or those with oil) at the end of a gun, Who would choose such a system voluntarily?
I say enjoy the show! It only comes around every 4 years.
I wouldn't worry about who is corinated, Their only purpose is for entertainment and to be a human dart board when required, while the real control and decisions are made by Corporate, Banking, and Military interests. Now least you think I am disparaging to the presidency of the USA, that's just not so, they do wield serious power, roughly equivalent to the decisions a wage slave peion like myself gets to make....what side of the toast do I butter???
Nobody is heading north...in fact last time I drove north from the USA (2012 or so) I couldn't get to the Canadian boarder until I had gone through a USA check point first. land of the free my ass. They are just as imprisoned as a 1978 east german was, but the east German was smart enough to know so. I say relax keep stocking firewood, propane, solar panels, and ethyl, and all will be as well as it can be.I think of George Carlin at such times.."we have a front row seat to the Greatest freak show on earth".

Ps I could just as easely make fun of our own ( 1800s) "designed "democratic" system but its not the topic of the day.

PS ... I have more choices ordering a pizza than I do voting, and both the cook, and delivery driver are more accountable to me....food for thought.

In fact I challenge everyone to order a pizza next (federal) election, refuse to vote untill you have at least the same say you do in ordering a pizza including sending it back.

I WANT A PIZZA EQUIVALENT DEMOCRACY!!! and don't you dare give me less..whats that noise..it looks like a drone thing and its laun.................

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@threestorms)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I like the Pizza Democracy.

lol

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

I shouldn't...I should leave it alone...I really should..

But I stumbled on this gem, and since it has "Hillary for president" in it then its topic related.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKcJ-0bAHB4

You see America is getting what it deserves. When as a people your conditioned for only one action, Then why will you ever get a electoral system that works for you? You don't deserve one!! The first and only reaction your conditioned for is to have violence to anything...I know if I can get someone angry, or scared, scared works well too, then I can yank them anyway I want..

This is funny on so many levels....I had to watch it a couple times..Where do you get truck loads of young men apparently in the middle of a working day, to show up on short notice, ready to beat people to death. I couldn't likely get a ride to town in the middle of the day cause my friends are working!! and im pretty sure I couldn't find anyone who would want to go out and beat anyone up, for any reason.
And you would think these Mensa candidates would have realized they were being punked, All three guys have British accents and there are multiple film crews in plain sight., but so well conditioned are they that when the dog whistle blows.......

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

Well, now I know one more way to commit suicide!
Just advertise yourself as a gay, Hillary supporting, nascar hating, country music bashing democrat in Alabama!
"the boys" will be along shortly.

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

Unless something of massive importance pops up to change Hillary's lead...the election for President is now over. Hillary will win. Trump, instead of playing a proper statesman to bolster support to keep Republicans in control of Congress...he's burning bridges and calling foul to save his own ego at the expense of the Republican controlled congress....

Tonight's last "debate" (If you even want to call them that.) will be another mud slinging competition with little policy or platform discussion. I'll watch...because I think I'm that type of person that slows down at car crashes too....

As a Canadian, I am equally concerned with Hillary getting in as I am with Trump. Obama ran on a platform of revamping trade deals with Canada...which would specifically hurt our exports to that country. He backed down months after winning both elections so tragedy was avoided to our economy.. Will Hillary pursue trade deals more favourable to the Us at our expense? She can't ignore the huge wave of popularity of this from her rival Trump..or even from her predecessor Obama....so as a Canadian..I still sit pensive to see what happens with her in the months/years after the election.

I don't care for John Oliver's leftist antics most of the time....but I have to admit that this was quite entertaining...and is getting way more support across the political spectrum than it would in any other election... 🙂
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3O01EfM5fU

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

Things to do and places to go...but I'll be back to comment.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

Unfortunately, the US needs some SERIOUS alternative candidates...yes, the Libertarian movement is gaining popularity, but they need a serious candidate!
Something along the lines of Canada's Jack Layton, say what yu want, but he gave the traditional parties a run for their money and something to think about.
Unfortunately, without him and his charisma, the NDP has faltered back to near oblivion.
Perhaps if a serious contender were to appear for the Libertarians or Green party, they could get into the debates...that is the key...get on television!

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

It just doesnt matter who is elected, and 3rd party candidates don't matter, there what the ruling economic aristocracy point to when the unwashed masses get cranky...."Just look at all the choice you have" they will exclaim. I remember one, a guy named Ross Perot or something, roughly back in 94, Now he was a sharp cookie business wise, and was very popular, in fact he was clearly warning, about the huge sucking sounds that would be heard from all the jobs being pulled away from American shores by the policies being enacted. His strategic sense did not match his business acumen though, and I suspected at the time that mid way through his presidential run that it dawned on him that even if he won , The Senate, House are all filled with bought and paid for Republicans and Democrats. He could do nothing without their approval.......and by default the approval of those interests that financed them.This is pretty basic stuff.

I am being to generous, I don't think it really dawned on him cause he was doing real well, very popular and could have grasped the gold ring, but about midway through he kind of came apart, or got wobbly in the knees and quit. I think because he hadn't figured it out yet, someone took him aside, pulled back the curtain and said "listen here you little shit" and after being given the facts of life his heart wasn't in it anymore. I am only speculating, maybe he really did figure it out on his own.

Here is a little gentle introduction to the facts of American political life: Nothing radical here.. By Professor J kroth, If you don't want to watch the whole thing the summation in the last 50 seconds is enough.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsS0FNJshYE

Here is it a little more plainly stated, George Carlin but don't be scared to click on it its work safe in fact I think its his only vid I can find that is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMI6ZmMCwWg Paper or plastic...so funny but true. Warning though..to much George Carlin and you can develop a surly attitude.

Way back in Roman times the ruling class had figured out you just have to give the masses bread and Circuses. We have come a long way, now in America you don't even have to give them bread. Enjoy the show!

It was hillarious listening to the "expert pundits" commenting on the fall of the iron curtain in the 90's, a fall that these same experts never seen coming. They stayed on script and still have...it was the military build up, our willingness to spend on arms that brought down the wall.......BS,
The communist had no one left to lie to, their own people "The Audience" had left the theater.....and wasn't coming back, even the palace guards wouldn't shoot anyone,anymore. Look at those monkeys in that top gear vid. If the communists had a well conditioned population like that, it could have gone on forever....

ReplyQuote
(@threestorms)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Ah i Love Top Gear

did you see what happen when they returned and where told they can only film documentary style?
lol

I shouldn't...I should leave it alone...I really should..

But I stumbled on this gem, and since it has "Hillary for president" in it then its topic related.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKcJ-0bAHB4

You see America is getting what it deserves. When as a people your conditioned for only one action, Then why will you ever get a electoral system that works for you? You don't deserve one!! The first and only reaction your conditioned for is to have violence to anything...I know if I can get someone angry, or scared, scared works well too, then I can yank them anyway I want..

This is funny on so many levels....I had to watch it a couple times..Where do you get truck loads of young men apparently in the middle of a working day, to show up on short notice, ready to beat people to death. I couldn't likely get a ride to town in the middle of the day cause my friends are working!! and im pretty sure I couldn't find anyone who would want to go out and beat anyone up, for any reason.
And you would think these Mensa candidates would have realized they were being punked, All three guys have British accents and there are multiple film crews in plain sight., but so well conditioned are they that when the dog whistle blows.......

ReplyQuote
(@threestorms)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Another thing I found interesting is that one of Russia's pushes is to show Russians how the democratic voting system does not work and is fixed.
You may have read about Russian hackers poking around the system. I dont think they care who wins as long as they can show the system is a farse

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

I would have continued comments in this thread, but sometimes others have a better clarity of thought than I, So I have searched and searched but I can not find the clip of Carl Sagan reciting his speech on the "bamboozle". I know it is somewhere in " A candle in the dark" but I cant find it by itself.I have seen it on you tube by itself once, years ago, but not sense, My google foo is poor..........C5 had good google foo maybe he will check in, or if anyone else can find it.... point me to it, it is so appropriate to the thread... I remember he was talking by the sea,the ocean to his back, maybe a 3 minute clip at most, likely less.

ReplyQuote
(@ottawa613)
Estimable Member

Everything you need to know
Vdare.com
Theoccidentalobserver.net
Amren.com

Boldly going where the mainstream press won't.

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fail, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
-Edmund Burke, 1729 - 1797

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Well it will be over tomorrow, and that's good. some friends have been going all squirrely, lately.
I find the number who vote far more interesting than who, or what wins. It gives a rough percentage of the number of "marks". Since I couldn't find the clip from Carl Sagan, I submit this two part from Michael Shermer its not political, its about the con, sure its done for money in these clips, but the principle is the same, just done for votes.The second clip is very telling about human nature and how thoroughly he was Captured by the bamboozle, even at the end after guy has been told its a con...he still thinks he is holding a envelope with 3000 in it..too funny....and that will be America on Wednesday, I just laugh, and laugh. Meet the New boss, same as the old boss, Enjoy..work place friendly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooSJ7C_ww-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur3nMiP-XV0

Seriously, the system to its core is faulty, and why you have (if your American) too choose between sociopaths is not even being discussed.
I wouldn't let either of these two in my house even with the good silver put away.
By the way, even at the state level 3rd independent candidates are disadvantaged , alternative parties have ballot-access laws, enacted since 1916 by Democratic and Republican legislators in many states.In some states, alternative parties are effectively banned from participation.
The two parties solidified their grip in 1988, when the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) seized control of the debates from the League of Women Voters. Contrary to its “nonpartisan” label, the CPD is run by Democratic and Republican representatives for the benefit of their own candidates.
The CPD adopted its poll-based criteria to determine participation in the debates after the 1998 gubernatorial election in Minnesota. Independent candidate Jesse Ventura was dismissed as “not viable,” with a tiny percentage in the polls until he was allowed to participate in a debate. His poll numbers shot up and he went on to win.
When the CPD witnessed what happened in Minnesota, it raised the requirement to 15 percent in the polls in 2000 to spare Al Gore and George W. Bush from facing Ralph Nader and Pat Buchanan in the debates.
The CPD’s rules aren’t meant to bar “unviable” candidates, they’re designed to keep alternative-party candidates from becoming viable.
Its a two party racket....and they are both bought and and paid for by the same interests.

This two or even three party system(in my country) is a full on joke..one notch above having a King. Reforms like ranked choice voting (RCV) and proportional representation are needed, and how is pretty much giving these socio paths, a 4 year free run in the USA, or 5 like we do here still considered a "thing" to do. People put choker chains on there dogs to keep them behaving...I want one on every elected representative, and I want to be able to yank it.

On a separate note I have never seen such panic among the governing class, Never have I seen a still sitting president campaning like this for his replacement, Unprecedented, I would be voting trump just to spite the interference.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network