May 02, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

IED Explodes in Restaurant in Mississauga...In Canada....

29 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/15-people-injured-in-mississauga-restaurant-explosion

This is a nice restaurant. I've eaten there, and I wouldn't say they are in any ways political, religious or controversial so far as a restaurant goes....

What a day to live in...when an IED is used in Canada.

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

These guys are on the way to jail or the grave, but they don't know it yet... 🙂

None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Well I haven't heard much about this, just that the suspects are two white guys, and it was a ethnic restaurant.....I don't like jumping to conclusions but with the rise of the right wing nut types in Canada It wont surprise me if they belong to one or another of such groups.
If they are members with such groups I expect they will be found soon. I cant imagine that these groups are not thoroughly compromised by enforcement.
Just have to wait and see what develops.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

It was apparently a pail bomb. No one who knows about explosives would make a bomb this way (incorrect pressure focus). Galvanized steel is the wrong type of container to use (unless they weren't serious and are trying to come off as members of the Mickey Mouse Club). At least it lets some pressure off of people who have some knowledge base...

ReplyQuote
(@gallowshumour)
Trusted Member

Last I heard, the police said there was no indication it was terrorism or a hate crime, so I guess that leaves extortion or pure psychotic act.

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Well I haven't heard much about this, just that the suspects are two white guys, and it was a ethnic restaurant.....I don't like jumping to conclusions but with the rise of the right wing nut types in Canada It wont surprise me if they belong to one or another of such groups.
If they are members with such groups I expect they will be found soon. I cant imagine that these groups are not thoroughly compromised by enforcement.

I don't think it's the vegans. They are known for harassment but are typically only bold in groups or online social media.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

White guys? The photo I viewed on TV was a shot of two guys in hoodies... definitely seemed Asian to me/ Indian, Pakistani... is there another photo you have?

While it was a IED, based on photos of possible perps and target Restaurent, I am guessing a crime turf war issue or some tribal marriage issue. From the image of the first guy carrying the supposed bomb, I noticed the free hand being ungloved . Might get print off door the twit was about to open.

Far more concerned about Islamic group writing letter about hurting women on beaches and then the needles, broken glass etc showing up on a beach north of Toronto.

Lots of easy targets out there for wingnuts to choose from. Pray our intel folks are diligent and political parties stay the hell out of the way.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

White guys? The photo I viewed on TV was a shot of two guys in hoodies... definitely seemed Asian to me/ Indian, Pakistani... is there another photo you have?

How about what the Peel police have to say about the suspects. White and light skinned are the words used.

http://anti-racistcanada.blogspot.ca/2018/05/ied-explodes-in-mississauga-restaurant.html

Interesting Clarence....You got that the two guys in hoodies you viewed were definitely Pakistani/Indian/Asian....."Definitely" ...interesting.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

How about what the Peel police have to say about the suspects. White and light skinned are the words used.

http://anti-racistcanada.blogspot.ca/2018/05/ied-explodes-in-mississauga-restaurant.html

Interesting Clarence....You got that the two guys in hoodies you viewed were definitely Pakistani/Indian/Asian....."Definitely" ...interesting.

Peppercorn. What I “got” is a frozen snapshot of a grainy video clip. I see what looks like darker skin on one perp. Maybe I am wrong. I have no dog in this race. Like Thousands of others, I am curious and guessing. Just like the police are. I may be wrong and it’s happened before, but when I first viewed grainy pics of Boston bombers, I guessed Chechen region. Not a bad guess on a small pic on TV of a very small regional facial structure and there are many other guesses I have been right on. Maybe I am wrong on this one. Again, I don’t really care a flying fig. Maybe you detect something / motive in my guess? I don’t have a motive, just a guess from watching as one of the many facets of my job, thousands of hours of video tape ( mostly hidden types) where it was job to figure out who was doing whatvetc

There’s a reluctance in the public and sadly preppers, to discuss touchy subjects. I haven’t heard zip recently on the guy who mowed down those people on a Toronto street. Weird. If it was a white dude driving a pickup, I am guessing there would be much more detail revealed, this regardless of the so called need to keep evidence sealed. But i degrees.

As a prepper, you should be trying to practice profile skill sets. This to help fine tune your guessing skill sets. Not to brand one group from another but to pickup up on details. The second persons face ( the little you can see of it) doesn’t appear to be from a white person and the hand of the first person doesn’t look white either. I have heard the police and politicians yammer and deflect on these things more than I care to remember and have very little faith in what I hear. Bloomberg was yapping about white supremists when an Arab was the one trying to set off a vbied in a parked Jeep. He said they had no suspects but threw out white angle to buybtime from the usual connecting of the dots.

So let’s just use this as I am, as an opportunity to guess. Obviously, if they catch the perps, it will be revealed and one can say geeze I was right or what did I miss. May help a prepper one day when guessing is that a friend or foe walking down that lane way. Not because of skin colour but the gait, clothing, age... big difference between a white Swedish looking women of sixty and a young male in a hoodie. Here’s another tip. They both appear stocky/plump and not muscular or thin. White supremists are usually tall or short but thin, or fat dummies, others are well built. These dudes don’t fit profile of what I would consider your average hand held bomb toting white nut job. Buy you a case of beer if I am wrong and they turn out to be white supremists.

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

Just a few comments:

1. The press are desperate to provide any information. Anything where they can be the 'first' news agency to release a breaking story.
2. The press isn't beyond quoting anything the Police say. This can be a Rookie Cop that has nothing to do with the investigation and makes a comment while he is placing "Police: Do Not Cross" tape.
3. The Police only reveal what they want revealed. If it's not already obvious, they manipulate information so as the Perps are mislead.
4. Don't believe everything you read.

What do we know:

1. It was an Indian Restaurant located in Mississauga.
2. Other than the normal grudges, It's likely hate or gang related.
3. There's always the crazy factor where no motive is involved.
4. Whomever the bomb maker was, s/he's likely an amature with little knowledge. Alternatively, the bomber just wanted to look like he didn't know what he was doing to mislead Police.
5. Given the bomb type, the bomber either was incompetent or deliberately intended not to kill.
6. There is likely quite a bit more evidence than the Police are not releasing (for obvious reasons).
7. Forensic evidence is huge. For example, parts of the bomb can be put together to construct fingerprints. The detonator is key. Components leave a footprint that can lead to a particular bomber. Each Bomber tends to have their own particular way to assemble an explosive device.
8. All possibilities are being investigated with vigor.
9. The investigation will not stop until the suspects are either killed or behind bars.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

As I have said in other posts. It’s important for people wishing to prepare for ba times to develop or improve what can be called tradecraft ...skills.

Why do people have a desire to get on ham networks? It’s to hear what is happening in another village....the reason being, you are hoping to pick up bits of intel so you can try and guess what’s next etc. We know the government lies or simply conceals the truth so you need to be able to to try and put the pieces together yourself so you have a tiny edge.

Nothing nefarious in that and done everyday when you swap info at local coffee shop, ham networks etc
Another trick to help hone skill sets sets is. When in a restaurant, hotel lobby, etc sit and watch people. At first just watch and don’t guess, the guessing will come naturally and only with time. When stuck in traffic, watch cars and see who/ what type of vehicle driven by buddy does what stupid move. Who drives what type or brand of car. Young or old, hat or no hat, do you find the road cowboys tend to drive ford 150 versus a big chev ( that’s my observation anyways), ram truck driver versus Toyota Tundra etc

When the person walks, do their arms hang donwn straight and not swing? If arms just hang down, than the Person is likely on head meds. Does the person have what is referred to as a prison shuffle and other such traits. As part of a possible getting to know the locals try and Befriend a police officer and ask them what they look for.

The main thing is to observe, try hard to put aside real or possible prejudices, take ypur sources warts and all and just try and predict things. We do it already, one simply needs to fine tune ones analyticss to get it right. Caution and those reading this with LEA experience will agree, your new found skills will also detect things occuring with family and friends! So you will need to work hard on keeping your gut hunch from getting the better of you.

ReplyQuote
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member

9. The investigation will not stop until the suspects are either killed or behind bars.

Perhaps this is true. But as the $130 million/20 year investigation into the Air India bombing showed us, nothing is fait accompli. What came of that? Manslaughter charges for the bomb maker.

Interesting that in the article that Crowns posted to start this thread, there was speculation about one of the bombers being female.

Now this.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/crimeincanada/suspect-in-bombing-may-be-female-police/ar-AAxXw7m?li=AAggFp5

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

If they have DNA from a glove or some other source (they referred to this during a media announcement on CP24 today)..its a very easy process to determine the biological gender.

So the story continues....

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Perhaps this is true. But as the $130 million/20 year investigation into the Air India bombing showed us, nothing is fait accompli. What came of that? Manslaughter charges for the bomb maker.

Interesting that in the article that Crowns posted to start this thread, there was speculation about one of the bombers being female.

Now this.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/crimeincanada/suspect-in-bombing-may-be-female-police/ar-AAxXw7m?li=AAggFp5

Air India could have likly been wrapped up in a week. It was and still is a political cover up. Few people will ever know the full truth. Just like all the other terrorist or politically sensitive issues. Just enough to keep public happy, sacrificial lambs tossed out for lions, docs not revealed for national security reasons... some of this is true and I support that because it could compromise sources, agents... very cool with keeping peoples heads attached, but I believe a great deal is for embarrassment purposes
Shame because I think if properly explained and after a few cases, the public would start to appreciate that there are some real bad actors out there and folks in Intel do not get credit deserved.

Oh well, best build that tank truck and drive downtown and have selfies taken

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Clarence, are you privy to the inside scoop on the Air India incident that isn't being released? If so, could you share this.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network