May 02, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

IED Explodes in Restaurant in Mississauga...In Canada....

29 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Clarence, are you privy to the inside scoop on the Air India incident that isn't being released? If so, could you share this.

I do not, just hunches and if I did know, could and would never say! Military prisons are not my thing.

Things that take twenty years To kind of discuss were obviously never meant to see sunlight so anything said can never be trusted. Anyone think the gov wakes up one fine morning and says, you know, it’s time we release everything is dreaming.

My public comments are just that, just open sourced info and I talk about it like a person off the street who likes to look beyond the official statements.

It’s like the need for prepper folks to learn how to profile people or analyze event. It’s like sales, marketing tricks and lies etc, but with a more terminal outcome.

ReplyQuote
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member

Air India Flight 182, a Canadian tragedy. Some light reading from the Commission of inquiry.
In a nurshell,

The Governor General-in-Council in 2006 appointed the former Supreme Court Justice John Major to conduct a commission of inquiry. His report was completed and released on 17 June 2010. It concluded that a "cascading series of errors" by the government of Canada, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), and the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) had allowed the terrorist attack to take place.

http://publications.gc.ca/site/eng/371132/publication.html

http://publications.gc.ca/site/eng/9.693461/publication.html

http://publications.gc.ca/site/eng/476699/publication.html

http://publications.gc.ca/site/eng/476702/publication.html

http://publications.gc.ca/site/fra/476706/publication.html

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Clarence, are you privy to the inside scoop on the Air India incident that isn't being released? If so, could you share this.

I do not, just hunches and if I did know, could and would never say! Military prisons are not my thing.

Things that take twenty years To kind of discuss were obviously never meant to see sunlight so anything said can never be trusted. Anyone think the gov wakes up one fine morning and says, you know, it’s time we release everything is dreaming.

My public comments are just that, just open sourced info and I talk about it like a person off the street who likes to look beyond the official statements.

It’s like the need for prepper folks to learn how to profile people or analyze event. It’s like sales, marketing tricks and lies etc, but with a more terminal outcome.

I don't want to sound offensive...but if its just hunches and talk...with no evidence, what benefit is it. Its just a narrative based on personal cognitive bias.

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I don't want to sound offensive...but if its just hunches and talk...with no evidence, what benefit is it. Its just a narrative based on personal cognitive bias.

valid point. not offended. i guess i am not explaining myself properly. goal is to learn how to question statements so one can hopefully be successful at reading between the lines. could save ones neck one day. god knows it has mine, so i am good with my hunches. everyone must develop thier own. cheers

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

...Interesting that in the article that Crowns posted to start this thread, there was speculation about one of the bombers being female. Now this. https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/crimeincanada/suspect-in-bombing-may-be-female-police/ar-AAxXw7m?li=AAggFp5

I think it's safe to say with 100% certainty, that the bombers may be either male or female... 🙂

None you improvise, one (or more) is luxury.

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

...valid point. not offended. i guess i am not explaining myself properly. goal is to learn how to question statements so one can hopefully be successful at reading between the lines. could save ones neck one day. god knows it has mine, so i am good with my hunches. everyone must develop thier own. cheers

Interviewing people is an art form. The basics can be taught, but it takes experience and attention to the otherwise useless details to sometimes reveal any useful information.

The complexity of most major investigations doesn't make sense to a casual observer. In the same way as if you presented me with a 40,000 piece jigsaw puzzle to put together. It takes what seems to be forever to understand what the picture is of, even if it's right before your eyes and nothing is hidden.

To get an accurate and in-depth read remotely just isn't feasible. It's hard enough to accomplish in-person. Investigators continually follow incorrect trails. Once one's exhausted, they follow the next most likely. Direction can be changed at any moment as new information is revealed.

I agree that 'on the street' you have to develop a sixth sense about your environment. This too takes time, That's why Rookies don't lead investigations. It takes years of everyday exposure.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

...valid point. not offended. i guess i am not explaining myself properly. goal is to learn how to question statements so one can hopefully be successful at reading between the lines. could save ones neck one day. god knows it has mine, so i am good with my hunches. everyone must develop thier own. cheers

Interviewing people is an art form. The basics can be taught, but it takes experience and attention to the otherwise useless details to sometimes reveal any useful information.

The complexity of most major investigations doesn't make sense to a casual observer. In the same way as if you presented me with a 40,000 piece jigsaw puzzle to put together. It takes what seems to be forever to understand what the picture is of, even if it's right before your eyes and nothing is hidden.

To get an accurate and in-depth read remotely just isn't feasible. It's hard enough to accomplish in-person. Investigators continually follow incorrect trails. Once one's exhausted, they follow the next most likely. Direction can be changed at any moment as new information is revealed.

I agree that 'on the street' you have to develop a sixth sense about your environment. This too takes time, That's why Rookies don't lead investigations. It takes years of everyday exposure.

Wayne, agree with most of what you say, but for the average soul, they can and should do whatever precious time permits in the way of developing their gut hunch. Hell, we all make mistakes, but it’s all we have to run with. Better folks take five minutes of time to casually watch people at the restaurent or mall then stick their face in smart phone and watch dancing with the stars. Like prepping, a little bit each day can make a world of difference at the end of a year.

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

Wayne, agree with most of what you say, but for the average soul, they can and should do whatever precious time permits in the way of developing their gut hunch. Hell, we all make mistakes, but it’s all we have to run with. Better folks take five minutes of time to casually watch people at the restaurent or mall then stick their face in smart phone and watch dancing with the stars. Like prepping, a little bit each day can make a world of difference at the end of a year.

I agree that situational awareness is always important. To notice the things that are going on around you and allow them to influence your actions can be critical and in some cases a matter of life and death.

It isn't the same however, to have a 'hunch' on a huge investigation that you don't have any direct and reliable intelligence on. There are massive amounts of information that neither of us have on the Air India crash to logically formulate an opinion. Statements and reactions by politicians, bureaucrats, news agencies and investigators are insufficient to make any reasonable conclusions, or to formulate a position on what actually transpired.

We cannot know everything. All crimes cannot be solved. The good guys don't always win. Elected officials are not always honest. The Police don't release everything (not even to the Courts, let alone the Public). The Court system isn't infallible and the Fonz actually needs to comb his hair... 🙂

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

To quote the memorable words of Sgt. Joe Friday: "Just the facts Ma'am, just the facts..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7COcohB9n3w

🙂

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

This sad event reminds me that we are NOT immune to such things in Canada.
Unfortunately, the possibility of being caught up in something like this is the new reality.
Personally, I now avoid crowded events. It's been years since I went to the Montreal St-Patrick's Day Parade, and I'm about as Irish as it gets!
It can however serve as a learning point.
Be aware of your surroundings, notice things that seem out of place.
If you get that "gut" feeling, don't ignore it.

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

I have to admit that you could not more get me to a big event in the city in those crowds.. so not my thing.. but hubby sometimes does events like that with the niece. They went to see the big machines last year in Ottawa for the 150..

Hubby informed me once home that other folks were surprised to see that the city had put the big cement road pieces along the route.. he said, they were placed carefully in his words only.. strange, they didn't seem to be placed to direct the flow of people so much as placed in such a way to prevent anyone driving a truck into crowds. He parked himself and friend in such a way as to have the protection of one and with a back out route for those with two feet..

I am grateful that he noticed and such but I still could not do those kinds of crowds unless I have NO choice.

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Farmgal. Your hubby is a smart man. Always look for exit path, try and read what authorities are planning for.

Consider parking vehicle a block or two over from the congested area / closest spot to event that you may initially choose. It will give you a jump on all the other folks banging into each other as they try and leave. Besides the ability to read a situation and having a pre made plan, speed will be your second best tool.

For some or for those you are with, you may feel or be viewed as being paranoid, but call it what you will, smart, long life security professionals practice it all the time. My daughters used to question dads tactics but now that they are more immersed in certain areas, they know exactly what the old man was talking about.

It doesn’t mean being some tinfoil hat wearing bug eyed nut case, just being aware of what could reasonably occur. Does one Wear or have a life jacket on a boat, matches when hiking in the woods. Simply be smart

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I agree that situational awareness is always important. To notice the things that are going on around you and allow them to influence your actions can be critical and in some cases a matter of life and death.

It isn't the same however, to have a 'hunch' on a huge investigation that you don't have any direct and reliable intelligence on. There are massive amounts of information that neither of us have on the Air India crash to logically formulate an opinion. Statements and reactions by politicians, bureaucrats, news agencies and investigators are insufficient to make any reasonable conclusions, or to formulate a position on what actually transpired.

We cannot know everything. All crimes cannot be solved. The good guys don't always win. Elected officials are not always honest. The Police don't release everything (not even to the Courts, let alone the Public). The Court system isn't infallible and the Fonz actually needs to comb his hair... 🙂

Wayne, not saying to run an investigation solely on a hunch. You may start off in a direction on one but need to let it go when you see you are wrong. Obviously police etc can’t solve all crimes and the point I was trying to make is for those who are not in the loop, to have some fun with guessing what may be occuring.

Again, when you see things being shut down quickly, there’s ususally fire behind the smoke. Yes, some of it may be for evidence but in this day and age of PC madness and desire or perceived need to be nice to everyone, there is an unhealthy desire to tamp down reality. That guessing game may save an average preppers life one day. The more the average person practices the art, the better they will become. I can pretty well tell you when the gov is blowing smoke up my a$$ within minutes or days. The deflections are almost always obvious. As has occurred, i my have a wrong theory but I can’t remeber the time my theory wasn’t a hell of a lot closer to end conclusion then what was being broadcast by gov and media puppets were yammering about. This isn’t about perfection, this is all about improving untrained cognitive skill sets.

It’s as simple as that. As an example of a person or thought on reality, I submit the following. Before you watch it, understand that this general is a democrat and ran within his party to be nominated for presidential run! I laughed when I heard this on the news, it was on page four of national newspaper and I NEVER heard it mentioned again. Now what he says is enormous and should have been splashed accross every channel but it wasn’t. This goes to what I have been saying in various posts. Listen to the news in all it’s forms and try and read between the lines. If a statement like this is shut down, then you better believe there is fire behind the smoke. What made me laught even harder was I had heard this very same proposal many years before in DC meeting. Could have heard a pin drop when it was raised as a simple method of dealing with large incidents of terrorist activity within cities. Could be caused by 65 year old women from the Swedish knitting guild or maybe lawn bowling league but it is an example of how one must be aware of things and impact in this case on peoples prep plans. This is not a political statement on knitters or bowlers but on simple and logical need to read the media and what it doesn’t say. We claim to not not trust the media and gov, but when people challenge it, one is called a racist, tin foil hat wearer etc.
I have heard the good general speak in person and he is very far from a right wing nut. He’s simply telling a very uncomfortable truth or operational option.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg6bAOpirUA

ReplyQuote
Wayne
(@wayne)
Honorable Member

...Before you watch it, understand that this general is a democrat and ran within his party to be nominated for presidential run! I laughed when I heard this on the news, it was on page four of national newspaper and I NEVER heard it mentioned again. Now what he says is enormous and should have been splashed accross every channel but it wasn’t. This goes to what I have been saying in various posts. Listen to the news in all it’s forms and try and read between the lines. If a statement like this is shut down, then you better believe there is fire behind the smoke. What made me laught even harder was I had heard this very same proposal many years before in DC meeting.

...I have heard the good general speak in person and he is very far from a right wing nut. He’s simply telling a very uncomfortable truth or operational option. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg6bAOpirUA

Clarence, Being aware and not believing everything you read makes good sense. The Media is interested in the traumatic and the dramatic. They report on anything that promotes their (generally left-wing) agenda. It's one perspective and as we know, one perspective can seldom reveal the whole truth.

Personally, what the General is saying isn't enormous at all. I don't believe that he revealed any truth that should be splashed across the screen. I don't believe there was any conspiracy to contain his message. He simply stated what everyone already knows; although much of what he's saying has no solution.

The intelligence base of the Police and the various government agencies that deal with terrorism are much more extensive than people realise. It's impossible to contain the human condition. People act out in ways that they themselves don't understand. It's often impossible for others to predict how and when they will react.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network