May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

On Sale This Week

172 Posts
50 Users
0 Reactions
40.3 K Views
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Not sure if any of you have access to Amazon USA, but the gold deal of the day (Jul 25th) is for LifeStraw products at 40% off.

ReplyQuote
(@morningcoffee)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

This week Edmonton Save on foods have pink salmon for .27/100g and BC red haven peaches for $9.99/10 lb.
Good chance for canning.

"It's better to look ahead and prepare than to look back and regret"

ReplyQuote
(@learner)
Reputable Member

Was in Sobey's and they had 1/2 pork picnic shoulders on for .99 cents a pound. The average price for one was between 3.50-4.00.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Not too many posts around here lately....

Anyway, was at RONA in North Edmonton today and they had quite a few interesting items on clearance. Picked up a very nice wheelbarrow half price (also picked up a kid one, 50% off too!) and LED lightbulbs were around 75% off. I understand that as part of their transfer of ownership to LOWE's, they are clearing certain items. Keep an eye on their website and/or drop by to see what they have going on. FYI, the wheelbarrows were marked down on their website, but showed regular price on their shelf; come up discounted at the register too.

ReplyQuote
(@canadaboy)

Rona does have some great clearance items. I got a propane heat for $35 and 50lbs of nails for $10. I have no idea what I will use the nails for but I could not resist!

ReplyQuote
(@canadaboy)

Rona had generators on 50% this week at the north Edmonton store. Not sure if other stores are doing the same.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Reviving this thread!

2 good deals this week:

1) No Frills has boxed pasta under a dollar and 24x500ml bottled water for $2.
2) Canadian Tires has LED bulbs at $1 each.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

Reviving this thread!

2) Canadian Tires has LED bulbs at $1 each.

No $#!*!
Off to Crappy Tire!

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Not sure if this was an AB-only deal. Did you get them in La Belle Province?

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

You must be right...no $1 LED bulbs here, but they did have 2 pk 60 watt equiv. for $3.00.
Bought enough to change out the bulbs we use most often or stay on longest.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

You must be right...no $1 LED bulbs here, but they did have 2 pk 60 watt equiv. for $3.00.
Bought enough to change out the bulbs we use most often or stay on longest.

Here it was $2/2pk of same. I bought a bunch. Beats when they were a fortune to buy!

So a Duracell power pack can easily light the bulk of my house. Recharge it with my solar panel and I shouldn't have to worry about darkness in the house for a long while.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Ok, never mind Canadian Tire...

Went to Costco today for "just a couple of items" then left with a cart full of LED lights. Now the house is all LED or CFLs (mostly LED... or all LED if I go back to Costco...)

Why?

1) GU10 bulbs (those tiny "used to be halogen" 2-pronged twist type) $4.89 for 4 pk
2) PAR 30 flood lights $5.89 for 2 pk
3) 60W regular lightbulbs : $2.89 for a 5 pack!

This was a Costco in Edmonton (Yellowhead trail), not sure if this deal is available at other stores.

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Dollarama

not fancy, but solid and functional.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
PrepHer
(@prepher)
Prominent Member

Never mind Costco, starting tomorrow (Thursday) Walmart has LED lights on for 50 cents!! Including regular and GU10 plus two other types.
Fifty cents!

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

At that rate, I'll wait until a store pays me to get their LEDs!

ReplyQuote
Page 11 / 12
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network