May 14, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Gun Control

74 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
(@perfesser)
Prominent Member

Automatic weapons are on their way out, as they should be...IMHO.

Um... they always have been. You're basing your opinion on the "look" of the gun, not it's function. If you look at the motivations of mass killers it has nothing at all to do with what weapons are available.
China has had more people killed in mass murders than the US recently and the weapons of choice are knives, hammers, clubs.

http://www.drtomoconnor.com/4050/4050lect07.htm

Turvey (2008) does an excellent job in presenting a statistical analysis of the mass murderer. He cautions, however, that statistics only give a probability of characteristics or traits and can sometimes be misleading. His goal is to determine behavioral evidence in relation to these offenders. He cites four studies which are often cited in other texts on the subject matter. He first cites Hickey (2009) who determined that mass murderers have four basic characteristics.

they give little thought or concern to inevitable capture or death

they commit crime in public places

their motive is retaliatory; based in rejection, failure, and loss of autonomy

the offense is an effort to regain a degree of control over their lives

The research of Fox and Levin (2005) found that most mass murderers have the following characteristics:

they are male (94.4 %)

they are 20 to 29 years of age (43.3 %)

they are White (62.9 %)

they have a relationship with the victim of some kind (family 39.4 %; other 38.2 %)

Hempel et al. found the following characteristics of mass murderers. They are generally:

male

single or divorced

40-50 years of age

have paranoid and/or depressive conditions

recently suffered a major loss related to employment or relationship

alcohol plays a very minor role

death occurs by suicide or at the hands of others (police)

Gray et al. studied adolescent mass murderers and found the following characteristics:

male

17 years old

described as "loners" by others

abused alcohol or drugs

had been bullied by others in the past

gave depressive symptoms and historical antisocial behaviors

recently suffered a perceived failure in love or school (Turvey 2008)

The following typology of mass murderers was presented by Turvey (2008:510). The types were grouped according to the variables of motivation, crime scene types, and victim selection by Fox and Levin (2005), who used the five categories of power, revenge, loyalty, terror, and profit.

1. The mass murderer has a thirst for power and control, often dresses in battle fatigues and has a passion for symbols of power, including assault weapons.
2. The mass killer seeks revenge against either against specific individuals, particular categories or groups of individuals, or society at large. Most commonly, he seeks to get even with people he knows such as family or the boss and other employees.
3. The mass murderer kills due to a warped sense of love and loyalty, a desire to save their loved ones from misery and hardship. Typically it is a husband/father who is despondent over the fate of the family unit. Sometimes, as in the case of the Manson family, the murders are done by a cult group being obedient to their charismatic leader.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Here is an interesting interview by Piers Morgan with Bill Shapiro on CNN: http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/01/piers-morgan-gets-owned-by-ben-shapiro-2534160.html

Result: Bill 1 Piers 0. 😮

ReplyQuote
(@davinci)
Trusted Member

This is horrifying.. The Obama is going to make an executive order taking the guns away from the public. http://www.naturalnews.com/038615_Obama_Hitler_Stalin.html . Prepare for American civil war everyone. And if you think we are safe here think again. After the Canada signed the treaty with USA and Mexico giving all power over anything considered terrorist American troops will be coming to take all gun owners away as well. Be afraid. Be very very afraid

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Conjecture and fear mongering. If you do a little research instead of running about screaming "The sky is falling" , you will find that the most likely legislation to be enacted will bring in a requirement for universal background checks, a reduction in the maximum capacity of magazines and the reinstatement of the assault weapons ban that was previously in place. They are also looking at a prohibition on ammunition that is military style, IE incendiary and armour piercing. Geeee... sounds like almost what we have here. Nothing even mentioned about safe storage etc.... Hmmmm... not so scary and CERTAINLY not grounds for Civil war. The only people who this will impact is those who shouldn't have guns in the first place and those who see themselves as redneck militia types. Please, please, PLEASE show me some facts instead of rhetoric and garbage. The article in the link is a HUGE stretch from what is actually happening to what it is stating. If you base your opinions, fears and actions on this garbage God help you.

JAB

ReplyQuote
(@davinci)
Trusted Member

1- God, is a fabrication of the state used to control the weak minded sheeple
2- Religion, also a fabrication of the state used to divide the people so as to make them easier to subjugate
3- Do you really think that the talking heads of the mainstream media are reporting the truth? Piers Morgan, the main shill of the CNN is a criminal who ran away from his country to evade prosecution.
4-Why does the USA need 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition and sniper rounds if not to wage ware on its people? https://www.fbo.gov/?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=d2fb936b24b27ffdce0eacc9208516d8&tab=core&_cview=1
5- The DHS has ordered 4 million rounds of .40 cal. hollow point ammunition. why do they need hollow point ammo, it is not used for target practice and is illegal to use in war. The DHS is mandated only to act in the USA. They cannot work outside of the USA and the only thing hollow point bullets are used for is killing.
6- Explain all the concentration style camps built by FEMA throughout the USA
7- Watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rrjU-HBkmLE If after watching this you still haven't open your eyes to the truth then I feel sorry for you and hope that you are fine with being marched away to the concentration camps when they come for you

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

1: Opinion
2: Opinion
3: MSM is BS and most here know that.
4: The USA goes through a lot more than that. 1.6 billion is hardly enough to do any real damage to a population. http://www.correntewire.com/250k_bullets_fired_per_insurgent_killed
5: Hollowpoints are used for killing but also http://www.thehatchreport.com/video/hollow-point-vs-round-point-bullet.html
6: People complain when FEMA takes them to stadiums so they will complain at camps. Japanese were in camps so maybe it is for other nations POW. Just saying there may be more than one view point.
7: I knew it was Hitler. I read, so it was no shock. Here is some more reading for you and others. Laws. http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/holocaust/timeline.html#1938

ReplyQuote
(@davinci)
Trusted Member

you know its funny. as soon as anyone brings up hitler the focus goes directly to the jews, yet no one mentions the muslims, gypsies, and other undesirables that were also imprisoned in their slave labor camps. in the 20th century over 250 million people were killed my government. over 60 million killed by genocide created by corrupt government after they took the guns from the people.FEMA is Federal Emergency Management Agency. They have nothing to do with prisoners of war or any buisness outside of the USA. Again i ask, why do they need all these concentration camps throughout the country? you can bury your head in the sand all you want but it is not going to change the truth of the matter, The FED wants us subjugated and are moving forward on their plan of one world government.

ReplyQuote
(@hadestouch)
Eminent Member

Gun control is always going to be a highly contested, emotionally charged issue divided into three factions..1. Conservatives who believe in their rights to defend themselves, their property and their families as well as hunt or participate in shooting sports. 2.liberals, who believe that the protection of an individual is the responsibility of the police, military or other dually appointed representatives of the government. Who further believe that they can exchange freedom for public safety. 3.Criminals, who will ignore the letter of the law in either case but will feel far more confident knowing that their intended victims lack both the means and the right to defend themselves.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Gun control is always going to be a highly contested, emotionally charged issue divided into three factions..1. Conservatives who believe in their rights to defend themselves, their property and their families as well as hunt or participate in shooting sports. 2.liberals, who believe that the protection of an individual is the responsibility of the police, military or other dually appointed representatives of the government. Who further believe that they can exchange freedom for public safety. 3.Criminals, who will ignore the letter of the law in either case but will feel far more confident knowing that their intended victims lack both the means and the right to defend themselves.

Very well put!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

QUOTE "2.liberals, who believe that the protection of an individual is the responsibility of the police, military or other dually appointed representatives of the government. Who further believe that they can exchange freedom for public safety."

The police, military or other duly appointed representatives of the government DO NOT exist to protect the individual. They exist to maintain social order and the rule of law. They also exist to protect and maintain the State. As an individual you are on your own regardless of what the PTB may tell you. In every event where Police protection has been required it has been the role of the Police to document the aftermath. As I like to reiterate... "When seconds count... the Police are only minutes away." No truer words were ever spoken.

JAB

ReplyQuote
(@hadestouch)
Eminent Member

JUst a bear, you will note that my statement was what a liberal "believes" not what is true.

It has always been Provence of liberal thinking to trade individual freedoms for the "illusion" of public safety. The backbone of left wing thinking (no oxymoron intended) is to encourage the idea that an individual is not responsible for themselves and should be provided for by the system and protected by the system.. An armed, self reliant individual who takes responsibility for his or her own welfare and protects his/her home is a direct threat to liberal ideals. I point to the relentless pursuit of conviction on behalf of the crown in the Ian Thompson case as point of fact

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/full-comment/blog.html?b=fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2013/01/04/matt-gurney-after-two-years-judge-acquits-man-who-defended-himself-with-a-gun

ReplyQuote
(@davinci)
Trusted Member

well now, wall mart USA has notified store managers not to order ammunition. Do Wal-Mart executives know that Piers Morgan doesn’t shop at Wal-Mart, but millions of middle class American families are the source of their wealth? What happens to Wal-Mart’s earnings if Middle Class America boycotts Wal-Mart for caving in to Obama?
Last week, Bank of America chose to stand with the anti-gun movement when they froze the funds of a licensed online gun retailer, reportedly telling the owner of American Spirit Arms that he, “should not be selling guns and parts on the internet.”
open your eyes people. the ban is coming

ReplyQuote
(@hadestouch)
Eminent Member

"The government will never take your bolt action hunting rifle away; they will label it a sniper rifle first"

I've seen that one crop up a lot lately. It sums the political methodology of both the Canadian and American governments. It's a repeating cycle with an emerging pattern.
1. An incident occurs. One with sufficient horror to inflame the media dulled public with a new sense of passion.
2. Within minutes or hours, the media begins to whip the public into an emotionally charged frenzy. They show footage of the aftermath and describe what they "believe" happened with hyperbolic descriptions interspersed with footage of grieving families, brave first responders and terrified onlookers.
3. Within 4 hours The politicians and other figures show up for their photo opportunity. They give their heartfelt condolences and praise the first responders and vow to "get to the bottom of this outrage".
4. News of the incident radiates out from its epicentre like a shock wave carried by the media, word of mouth fuelled by social networks.
5. The inflamed public identifies with the victims, survivors and families.. Thoughts of "that could have been me" or "that could have been my daughter or my son"
6. Public begins to issue demands that with varying complexity can be boiled down too.."I don't feel safe and I want to feel safe" or "someone needs to be punished" or " some one do something so that doesn't happen again"
7. Politicians respond with " we will spend more of your tax dollars to make you "feel" safe" " here is our new plan to make the illusion of safety more believable"
8. Government scrambles to get a few more freedom eroding laws, bills, amendments and agreements through before the media's ability to keep the populous fired up loses momentum.
9. Life returns to "normal". The people not directly impacted turn their attention back to the concerns of every day life.
10. With their heads nestled firmly back in the sand, they sleep soundly knowing their elected officials are taking care of the problem and they are less afraid.. When the new laws pass it will be harder for crazy people to get scary guns. i dont really need to protect myself or my family because the police do that.. and criminals wont be able to get guns.
The flight I'm taking tomorrow is far less likely to crash with the new laws and the new tax dollars spent on security.. It's ok if they look up my bum at the airport, it's a small price to Pay to know that a terrorist won't be concealing an explosive in his colon.

ReplyQuote
(@davinci)
Trusted Member

unfortunately these horrible acts are staged and the media is directed to show only what the government wants us to see. Look at what has happened with the mass shootings. previously the media has inundated the people with video footage of the killers inside the schools with their firearms. At Sandy Hook there have been no such video footage. Why wont the feds release footage of inside the school like they have in the past? Because these children were not killed with a rifle. This shooting happened after 9:30 am when the school was on lock down. To gain entrance into the school at the time that this happened someone has to let one in. So logically this boy would never have been able to gain entrance with said assault rifle. also the perps of all the mass shooters were heavily medicated on anti depressants. these drugs do not help people like they are supposed to, instead they cause these types of break downs. Big Pharma is the reason for these shootings

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

you know its funny. as soon as anyone brings up hitler the focus goes directly to the jews, yet no one mentions the muslims, gypsies, and other undesirables that were also imprisoned in their slave labor camps. in the 20th century over 250 million people were killed my government. over 60 million killed by genocide created by corrupt government after they took the guns from the people.FEMA is Federal Emergency Management Agency. They have nothing to do with prisoners of war or any buisness outside of the USA. Again i ask, why do they need all these concentration camps throughout the country? you can bury your head in the sand all you want but it is not going to change the truth of the matter, The FED wants us subjugated and are moving forward on their plan of one world government.

I agree. Here is another take.

http://www.dpcamps.org/jewsVsUkrainians.html

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 5
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network