April 25, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

latest snow storm

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

How is everyone effected doing in the latest round of snow storms?

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

(@nagol)
Trusted Member

Took the day off to avoid Montreal. Can't say we were hit hard here. 10-15cm, light and fluffy. From the pics I have seen south and east of me are having a much harder time.

Going to chop some wood in a few min and check on the chickens.

ReplyQuote
PrepHer
(@prepher)
Prominent Member

I'm snowed in! It looks like about 25-30 cms so far and it's still snowing. But no worries - I'm prepared! The fire is always on and I have enough supplies to last for weeks (and months). Eventually the snow will melt, hehehe.

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin

not as bad as was anticipated here north of Montreal, but still staying off the roads until afternoon to give the plows a chance to clear things a bit.

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

We got a solid 12 inches, maybe 14 max, but the winds are good and the drifts are outstanding, with the path to the barn having drifts hitting mid-leg, thank goodness for snow shoes LOL and sleds to pull behind you.

Otherwise, all is good.. we are just waiting for the plows to do the main and side roads. All the critters were put into storm mode, which means that they were all brought into the barns and so forth.

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
(@mooswa)
Trusted Member

Late to this, but during that period we ended up snowed in for 4 days before a grader eventually made it down our rural road. No big deal as I could care less about going to town. There were some drifts in places that were 12-14 feet high blocking roads and the graders had a heck of a time punching through them. Drifts in our yard were packed so hard I could walk on top of them no problem.

First really big storm we have had in a long time. Best method to survival is toss a few more sticks in the wood heater and grab a good book and a couple fingers of a nice single malt and settle in to your big chair. πŸ™‚

Let no good deed go unpunished.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network