April 29, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Freemen Take Over Trap Line

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
clovehitch
(@clovehitch)
Topic starter  

Interesting bit of news up my end of the country.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/freemen-take-over-grande-prairie-cabin-trappers-say-1.1912428

Syn
(@syn)
Reputable Member

There are a number of instances where squatters seem to me to be basically are in the process of home invasion and robbery , and sometimes like this example threatening violence . How exactly would others deal with this overall behaviour, let the law tentatively deal with this growing movement (obviously how they are handling it is not turning the trend ) or ? Personally my first instinct I'd have to think hard on , is to get my hackles up and think they brought the fight so it is my perogative to end it.

ReplyQuote
cernunnos5
(@cernunnos5)
Noble Member

This is worth documenting and filing in the back of your brain because of how it can influence the prepper movement. As a bit of a survivalist historian, I understand freemen do fit into the overall catchphrase that the word prepper has become. Ill quote Wikipedia for a piece of history.

" The concept of a sovereign citizen originated in the Posse Comitatus movement as a teaching of Christian Identity minister William P. Gale. The concept has influenced the tax protester movement, the Christian Patriot movement, and the redemption movement—the last of which claims that the U.S. government uses its citizens as collateral against foreign debt"

Now these groups are overtly racist groups that the prepper movement have largely stepped up and rejected though they do continue to survive in our midst. "We've come along way, Baby" but some of their influence still shape some of our more foolish prepping. I guess, In the same way, Ive stumbled against hippies that have embraced this freeman movement so its not as easily cut and dried.

That's all I wanted to point out. File it in the back of your brain

I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

ReplyQuote
 gPRS
(@gprs)
Estimable Member

A person can only file so much in the back of their brain ...
http://internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=3862&p=48057#p48057

I prefer to reference hard, cold facts.
Besides, if the LEOs were slow to back me up in a dispute with said "Freemen" on my land, then said trespassers get what they deserve.

=============================================
Is what you say worth at least a Canadian nickel now?
Cause two cents ain't worth squat anymore !
----
Self-sufficient is good. Co-efficient is better.
=============================================

ReplyQuote
(@singlecell)
Estimable Member

These people are land pirates and need to be exterminated. Regardless of your partisan perspective they represent the worst of the worst. Mooching, stealing, and making victims around the way.

ReplyQuote
 Syn
(@syn)
Reputable Member

When a freeman falls in the forest, does anybody hear?

Just humming this to myself to the Bruce Cockburn tune.

ReplyQuote
cernunnos5
(@cernunnos5)
Noble Member

Yes, I use the same joke. If Bruce Cockburn is walking in the forest and he trips, does he make a sound? A little buddhist humour.

I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network