May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

RIP - the new wave of ammo. Everyone needs to see this.

12 Posts
10 Users
0 Reactions
Fenwolf
(@fenwolf)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

My wife just shared this with me on face book. Everyone needs to see this.

http://thelibertydigest.com/2014/01/24/the-new-ammunition-that-has-gun-owners-drooling/

(@rabie)

Hi!
I'm newbie here. Happy to be members of the forum.
I hope we will have great time here. And I'll try to contribute to forum develop more.
I'm positively looking forward to the forum and its members hope all will guide, share and help me to increase my knowledge.

ReplyQuote
(@86bigred)
Eminent Member

that is one sick bullet. probably cost an arm and a leg plus your first born.

ReplyQuote
(@maple-leaf-pilgrim)
Estimable Member

I am reserving judgement until I have seen stats from an independent, reputable ballistics centre. All I have seen so far is hype.

-S.

"It's not what you have, but what you have done".

-S.

ReplyQuote
Buggie
(@buggie)
Honorable Member

cant see these being legal in Canada too long, if ever. you don't need bullets like that to shoot varmits, or to shoot at the range. Why do you need defensive rounds? you have the police right around the corner!!!

🙄

See you all after.

ReplyQuote
(@b3harris)

a gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone. Really, you don't need this stuff. all you need is a 22. you can buy the rounds for dirt cheap, they are fairly durable very accurate and despite popular belief they can be deadly up to 300 yards. Also make sure you get a bolt or pump action 22. you can rely on a pump action, or a bolt. Autos, not so much

ReplyQuote
(@carbon04)
Honorable Member

illegal to import to Canada (its considered a hollow point round) but not illegal to own.....I have about 4,000 hollow point rounds in .40 s & w, and that's all it is.....

b3harris is spot on though, a .22 will do exactly what you need if used properly

"I think that I am very reasonable therefore ......." ICRCC

ReplyQuote
(@carbon04)
Honorable Member

however, just let me expand on that....although legally this would be considered a hollowpoint, it acts like a dum dum round, which im sure is still illegally under the Geneva convention. kill power this thing would be great, but over a true hollowpoint not even close...

my suggestion...to stick to normal, copper jacket high quality ammo, train right, and use it right and it will do just as good a job when needed.

ReplyQuote
(@glockman1)
Estimable Member

Any expanding round is considered a dumdum round (including a hollow point). They are banned under international law in warfare only. They are commonly used (and legal) by police and for hunting. Importing ammo (all ammo) from the USA is illegal due to their ITAR regulations unless you have the proper permits. It is illegal from the US side, not from Canadian regulations.

GM1

Chance favours the prepared mind

ReplyQuote
(@carbon04)
Honorable Member

thinking about it, your probably right. I just always saw a dum dum as a round that fragments on impact, but I suppose a true hollow point could be considered 'fragmented' when it expands on impact.

ReplyQuote
(@quietman)
Estimable Member

I want to see independent testing as well. Ballistic numbers would help too. These appear to do as advertised, but at only 96 grains and with so many lines and breaks these will only be for short range work. One thing is they are designed for home defence etc. and over penetration should be drastically reduced.
I think this design would be well served with a lead core that fills the centre, but it's their work and they seem to have done it well. I congratulate them and if they do end up in our stores I will try them out. They will likely be very expensive as mentioned.
Until they do I will keep the mag loaded with what the stores have for sale.

Hmmm, maybe I should rethink the quiet part...

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

This is definitely not a hunting round. It's fragmentation is meant to create multiple injuries like that of a frag grenade. This creates a similar scenario to that of the shotshell approach. Why not just use the 20 gauge instead or 410 for even less velocity power, which is what this round would emmulate. The problem with fragmentation is often those nearby will receive injury when they were not the intended target. Even a miss or ricochet becomes a potential hit as the shell fragments onto unpredictable paths.

I think one should think twice before loading this round for once it is in the magazine, it is hard to remember the count when it counts!

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network