May 03, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

MERS

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@livingpower)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Every once in a while I check up on the status of MERS. Did so tonight and found a news article about a woman being tested for MERS in an Ottawa hospital. When I clicked on the link, the article had been removed. I then Googled it and every new source I found, including the Ottawa and Toronto Sun, the LFP, Canoe, all of the had had the story removed. Why would this be? Why would they all remove this story?

Adagio
(@adagio)
Reputable Member

Helen Branswell, Medical reporter for The Canadian Press tweeted on October 4th: "Story (not mine) earlier in the week suggesting Canada had an imported #MERS case not correct. Test negative, hospital spokesperson says.

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

My limited understanding of the market is that News Networks or media outlets can obtain/purchase articles and research from entities like the Assoicated Press, etc. So if you have 5 news agencies who all got the same story: Ie.-Sun News, CBC, Globe and Mail, etc. and the Assoc. Press find they made a mistake and retract or modify the report to be more accurate, you will also see that reflected in those using the original article.

Not sure if this is the case, but a possibility if ALL these agencies removed the same specific article.

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
(@livingpower)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, thecrownsown. I do not think the testing of the woman for MERS would necessarily amount to anything. I was just wondering why the article had been removed from all the sites. I guess I thought it seemed potentially suspicious because if there was just a mistake in the article, I thought they would have just printed a correction. I have seen this before. Removing it entirely strikes me as something different, but who knows.

ReplyQuote
Adagio
(@adagio)
Reputable Member

Thecrownown is right about the method in which the media obtains some of their articles. Retraction of an article is less expensive than printing a correction. This practice does not happen often but is it does happen from time to time. Plus in this case I assume their legal departments advised that it best not to leave the article out there as it would lead to an undo public concern. Not everyone would read the correction piece.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network