May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Plan C - Summer Meeting

27 Posts
8 Users
0 Reactions
(@dangphool)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

UPDATE;
Logistics demonstrations and existing beyond the first 72 hours.

July 5th, Langdon Alberta. Oddfellows Hall, 255 Center Street.

We are still looking for people who may be interested in bringing out their bug-out vehicles or who may want to set up their "temporary" bug-out camps.

We are hoping to give people a chance to see some of the ideas and gadgets put to use in a field or parking lot so that we can all learn from each other and see how some of the purchased gadgets actually look when taken out of the box. ๐Ÿ˜€

We won't be able to let everyone deploy due to space and time but do hope that we have enough people interested in sharing their set-up to make this a worth while effort. If we don't have enough volunteers, we'll have to look at other options.

Please email us at planc_ab at hotmail.com if you're interested in being a model. If you are a business who may want to demonstrate some wares, we will look at that as well but in very strict terms, on a case-by-case basis.

With 2 weekends to go, we are adding a little incentive to the afternoon event;

Bug-out-Vehicle Show and Shine (1st Annual)

We are offering a little incentive to the weekend by offering prizes to anyone else who shows up in a Bug-out-Vehicle...
We are going to offer prizes for 3 categories;

Extreme BoV
Family BoV
Trailer/towable

Sincerely,
The Plan C Team

(@duffmanprepper)
Prominent Member

Let me know if I can help in any way
For some reason I can't email to you guts but I'm wanting to help for the next meeting even if you want any help with presenting
duff

Preparedness is like a condom , I've rather have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it

ReplyQuote
(@dangphool)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I got your email. Weโ€™re just hoping to solidify a location before calling back. We are definitely looking for anyone interested in laying out a bug-out campsite for others to check out!

ReplyQuote
(@duffmanprepper)
Prominent Member

I could show how to build a shelter in the woods to lol

Preparedness is like a condom , I've rather have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it

ReplyQuote
(@dangphool)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Please see Opening Comment update.

July 5th, Oddfellows Hall, 255 Center Street, Langdon AB

We still have room for anyone with a BOV to show off or someone really interested in showing off their bugging out gear.

thanks,

ReplyQuote
BelowTheRadar
(@belowtheradar)
Reputable Member

Please see Opening Comment update.

July 5th, Oddfellows Hall, 255 Center Street, Langdon AB

We still have room for anyone with a BOV to show off or someone really interested in showing off their bugging out gear.

thanks,

I could show a low power self sustaining trailer with all of the comforts but that sounds too fringe for your liking.

Than= Iโ€™d rather be rich than poor.
Then= I first became hungry then I ate.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.

ReplyQuote
(@dangphool)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

We are inviting anyone who wants to show off their plans for surviving beyond the 72 hour window... minus any bang sticks or bunkers ๐Ÿ˜€

I'm just one volunteer so my personal beliefs are not the deciding factor. A low-power, self-sustaining trailer sounds interesting. We're not sure how many people will attend so I can't guarantee a lot of visitors and I believe you have a longer drive than most of us.

The plan is to have the volunteer demonstrators set up their "display" and then allow people to wander to each display and ask questions as they choose. Some people will be set up outside and a few inside.

If you're interested, just let me know how many feet of space you'll need to set up and how early you could arrive that morning. We're going to set up in the morning with people expected at noon.

Thanks for your interest and possible contribution!

ReplyQuote
(@duffmanprepper)
Prominent Member

I can't make this meeting as of right now

ReplyQuote
(@dangphool)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I sent you an email duff. Just in case.

ReplyQuote
(@duffmanprepper)
Prominent Member

K thanks will let you know if things change

ReplyQuote
Buggie
(@buggie)
Honorable Member

As of right now my bugout vehicle is my feet... And Don't think anyone wants to see those!

See you all after.

ReplyQuote
(@duffmanprepper)
Prominent Member

I do lol

ReplyQuote
(@dangphool)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

So, we had a planning meeting today to discuss who was bringing what to set up. Still room for anyone else who may be interested in showing off their bov and answering questions on why they chose certain gear or brands.

This is intended to be like a fair, where visitors can move freely between 'displays' asking the volunteers questions about their choices of gear and how it has done under testing (if any).

We are also setting aside a corner where people can offer for sale or trade any extra gear they may have. It must be hiking, backpacking, camping, or cycling related so that it aligns with the logistics concept please. New or gently used only as well. All deals would be between the two individuals.

It would also be great if any lurkers, uncomfortable with rsvp'ing, could send me a pm to let me know if you're planning on attending as visitors.

ReplyQuote
(@jacaranda)

Thanks for letting us know about the meeting in Langdon. We'll be there. Also, please let us know of any other meeting in the following months related to prepping or survival in and around Calgary.

ReplyQuote
(@dangphool)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Buggie, if you have a great BoB to go with your hiking boots, then you might be surprised how much conversation that could generate. Don't be shy ๐Ÿ™‚

I hope there are a few lurkers who will be joining us Jcaranda. There are about 10 confirmed on Meetup and usually there are twice as many people who show up without confirming. One of these days I'm sure we'll get burned, expecting 40 but only get the 10 who confirmed ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Bound to happen eventually and is part of the challenge in getting prepper-minded folks together to share ideas.

At this point we are still a go for the 5th, so hope to see you there!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network