May 16, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

C5 Says "Hi From South America" and a big announcement

19 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
cernunnos5
(@cernunnos5)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

A big Hello from a continent over. I have mentally rejuvinated a bit and been motivated to learn some and write some....So I am anouncing my new, very own Blog Spot. The new site is called the Dark Green Mountain Survival Research Center. I have also given myself a slight name upgrade from the obscure and cryptic cernunnos5 to something more blunt. Catagory5. That way I can still keep the C5 monicker that you folks gave me.

https://darkgreenmountainsurvivalresearchcentre.wordpress.com/

The first posts will be up within the week and I will be starting with a multi part series entitled Survival Advice From South America. I have some jucy morcells of apocaliptic adaptions to dispence. Things you probably have never seen before.

I wont be allowing comments on this blog as it distracts me, dealing with responses. That said, my very first introductory post does.
And I could use your help. Those of you that would be willing to comment and-or introduce me as well as those willing to follow by email would begin the proccess of moving me up in the Search Algorithms.

I promise to keep up the same awkward, stumbling, obnoxiouse, uncomfortable Truthiness you have come to love or hate 😉

I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

cernunnos5
(@cernunnos5)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

And My first blog post is now officially up. There is no turning back now. 😯
You should get a good laugh at my expence at the end of it......Or want to track me down and kill me. Ehhh, It wont be the first time.

The first one is alot of reading. The next one will be mostly pictures

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

LOL, it was a rambler, but as a intro it certainly got a lot of info out there at the same time.. I did have a laugh a few times.. but I also found a number of things very interesting.. I understood what you were saying about how that first few days, weeks in a new culture can be so eye opening but you soon get used to it..

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
(@hopeimready)
Reputable Member

Interesting observations - you're right, you only get a few weeks until you stop noticing all the cultural differences. If you're looking for feedback on the blog, then I would say that the whole post could be broken into a few posts, as each really deserve its own post, i.e one about the water/environmental fragility, one about the social/class structure, one about using your survival know-how in a foreign country, etc. I can guess, based on your writing style that this may cause you actual physical pain, but I think it might improve the readability immensely 🙂

For the stories from your past, after the part about shipping containers, up unil the "before you go" - for the parts in between, to be honest, you kinda lost me. I stopped reading attentively. I did skim it, but honestly I have no idea how this relates to your arrival at this new place. Best of luck with your bike search! I want to know what the other 4 items are..
Cheers

HopeImReady
"The thing about smart mother f*ckers, is that they sometimes sound like crazy mother f*ckers to dumb mother f*ckers." -Abraham .”

ReplyQuote
cernunnos5
(@cernunnos5)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

The second is now up and it should be easier on readers. Its mainly pictures. 😆

Hopefully, we will have a guest post with MrsC5 comming soon.

Dark Green Mountain Survival Research Centre doesnt seem to be comming up in google searches yet. I hear I may have to wait a few weeks and if that fails, register it. Sigh. Computers are not my language

ReplyQuote
peppercorn
(@peppercorn)
Noble Member

Dark Green Mountain Survival Research Centre doesnt seem to be comming up in google searches yet. I hear I may have to wait a

Im no computer dude but just from the links you left here, the time that's past, and the bots that crawl the net and these here pages, I am certain you are indexable to google by now.

That's a wordpress site so go to your home page on your wordpress site. Look for the "my site" button or tab thing....likely up near the top of the page left hand side,....click it.....scroll down until you come to the settings button, again on the left hand side,click it, then scroll down to
to a section that should look like this

Privacy

Save Settings.

Public

Your site is visible to everyone, and it may be indexed by search engines.

Hidden

Your site is visible to everyone, but we ask search engines to not index your site.

Private

Your site is only visible to you and users you approve

I believe the default is hidden, click on Public, then Save, and you should be good to go....

Also if your in hurry you can from that same setting tab you clicked, find the traffic tab and click on it. scroll down until you find the section where it lists the search engines, from there you can notify them directly...

Oh wait....I just checked another search engine and your popping up there so you must have your setting to public then....I quess google hasn't got homelands security ok to bring up your site in searches yet....try... https://duckduckgo.com/about

This search engine brings it up if I enter the complete address https://darkgreenmountainsurvivalresearchcentre.wordpress.com/ but google doesn't.

Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

hi C5, I agree, the bots will do their jobs as long as things are set up to public and above answers all that..

so now my advice (for what its worth) you need to help the bots, and their programs if you want lift, the word in the title need to be used in the bulk of the post in some way, the words you are going to use as the tags, ideally also in the blog post.

put C5 tag in every post, it's your handle and it will help the bots connect you to the posts an the new blog site

It will come 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

o, and one other thing if you are willing to consider it, in your settings as mod for your blog, I would recommend adding the share buttons so they are there auto on each post, so your readers can hit the button and voila, shared on facebook, twitter, and more.. a share on a popular page on facebook page related to the subject matter and suddenly hundreds or thousands of eyes are looking an clicking though

in the past week, a recipe got shared on a facebook page and over 600 hits-reads in an hour on the blog.. that ablilty to share the posts is big time helpful

ReplyQuote
cernunnos5
(@cernunnos5)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

A big thank you, everyone. As I mentioned, computers are not my language, having only gone on grid 7 years ago. I thought the facebook, etc, share button ment I was going to have to double my efforts and do it all again and remake the page on facebook. I think I may have to rethink my titles as well

Do I need to separate the words in my site adress.

Yes, HIR, It would cause me physical pain. 😉 One of the reasons for my own blog is to share my own complicated thought proccess. I dont think in short form. Its not survival advice for in another country (though there is some refugee training in the posts). Its survival advice for canada FROM abroad.

What I will try to do is stagger it. One complicated circular logic rable and then one simple one.

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

Hi C5..

So the facebook, twitter and so forth share buttons are there so your readers can share your post, you do not need to make a twitter handle or a facebook page, (if you ever get to the point, they can all be created an interlinked) this would mean that you write a post, post the post and it will do it all auto..

Example, when I write a post and publish it, folks can share it, and it shows up my twitter, my facebook and my page without me doing anything other then publishing the post.. I don't go to each one etc.. the program does it all for me.

Anyway.. no, your site address is good but for your working title, yes, make each word its own so that the bot can read it.. right now its one long combined word and its not going to be picked up correctly.

Write your blog as you will. it truly is your blog(I have had folks that feel the need to tell me if "just did this or that" I could reach the next level, as I always say to my hubby.. if I wanted the next level I would have already done it.. now Bleep off)

.. I will admit that I almost always like your rambling circular route's.. I will also admit to having to go back and read again and or that I have at times jotted down note beside me as I join it together. LOL

For what its worth, if you can bring yourself to do so.. break it down into series.. write it as one.. go back and split it into two, three or four posts.. Now I am not just saying this to make you break it up and there for make it easier to read 🙂

I am offering your this choice to consider to help you increase your readership.. if you write your post and create a series
a) you can post one per day (posting each day always increasing readership)
b)you can create a link back to the other posts in the series on each one (each link back will get picked up)
c) assuming you split a post into three posts (for every one of the three that gets picked up and shared, you increase the odds that they will click though and follow the link backs to read the other posts)
d) The google gods see all.. all of the things about will work towards you starting to get what is called "organic" hits, that means that when someone googles words or subject line.. your site will pull up.

As a farmgal example.. Google Rabbit Jerky or Wild Violet uses or Spruce tip recipes and my blog will show up in the first page of google and in some cases with the just the right wording entered, in the top five.. that is what is terms the "organic" hit.. its like my blog just hit the cold call jackpot. or in some cases, its another site that will come up but it's post will be the "top ten ways to use rabbit" and #7 is the picture and link back to my rabbit jerky post.

In terms of your site, you can choose or not to make minor tweeks (not in how your write, never change the way you write.. that's YOUR voice..) but in how its presented that will allow it to find faster footing in the google and bots.

Keep on writing and I loved the photo post.. very interesting for sure

ReplyQuote
cernunnos5
(@cernunnos5)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

A big thank you on that one. The share button is now up. I will work on the interlinked part another time.

Good News Everybody. Google is slowly catching up as I can now find the first post. I guess it just takes a week or two.

Even more good new. I just got MrsC5 guest post up if you want to meet her.
Running Your Doomstead On Apocalyptic Guinea Pigs. No Shit. Maybe Some Shit.

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

Please pass on my warmest regards to MrsC5

Outstanding post! loved the overview, the photos and the personal view of it.

As I can't answer her question on the blog, please pass on that there is a very small movement that folks raise and eat their own little pigs but I am not yet aware that there is a "outside market" for them yet.

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Well C5, always loved reading your posts. Sometimes I start reading and, scrolling down, I think to myself "ok, that's a long one, lets get a glass of whiskey and see where he's going today..."

Mrs C5 hit it off the ballpark though! Nice article and the pictures really add to it.

Keep up your good work you 2!

ReplyQuote
cernunnos5
(@cernunnos5)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Well C5, always loved reading your posts. Sometimes I start reading and, scrolling down, I think to myself "ok, that's a long one, lets get a glass of whiskey and see where he's going today..."

Mrs C5 hit it off the ballpark though! Nice article and the pictures really add to it.

Keep up your good work you 2!

Well, grab couple of 2 4s to set aside for your next read and have a shot for me. I already have 3 more of the long reads on paper needing to be transcribed and the lighter weigh, heavily pictured ones that go in between.

Its almost better if you think of these as chapters in a book intead of an easy reading blog post.

Let me tell you the minor miracle I pulled off today. I contacted Survival Acres, the author of the 5 part, The Fallacy Of Bugging Out, series and he has given me permission to fully reprint the entire series at DGM SRC. I am going to wait a few months untill I have better readership before revealing that.
There is also a sort of short guest post about the storage times of antibiotics and other medications comming soon.

Hmmmmmm.....Maybe I should go pester Ran Prieur, the auther of The Slow Crash, now.......

ReplyQuote
(@learner)
Reputable Member

Enjoying reading your new blog C5. Nice to meet you Mrs. C5, interesting article.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network