May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

New to prepping and looking for local groups

19 Posts
9 Users
0 Reactions
(@padenfull)
Topic starter  

Howdy howdy,

Well the bug has finally bit me and I am slowly starting to prep. It's been fun reading and youtubing but now I would like to meet local people with the same goals of being prepared. I am not some zombie-pocalypse nut case (other than it's fun to make believe and the t-shirts are great for a giggle) but looking at seriously being prepared.

I am in Halifax and looking to meet a local group if there is one to share ideas and knowledge.

THanks for looking,

Matt

(@glockman1)
Estimable Member

I am new to this as well. I have experience in carpentry, security and hunting but am looking to fill in the gaps in my knowledge. Sharing info with a group would be fantastic. Also in the Halifax area

Chance favours the prepared mind

ReplyQuote
 Sue
(@sue)
Trusted Member

Hello from Bridgewater Glockman1 and PadenFull! Welcome!!
My friend Holistic and I (we actually met on Freecycle last fall - pretty crazy, huh?), we are getting a group going here on the South Shore. There are 5 of us with 2 more who are interested, but we haven't met yet. We'd be happy to meet more like-minded people. Our next planned meeting is a pot luck on Friday February 22. If you are interested in coming down for an evening let me know and I'll give you the address.

Our ideas for the near future so far are making sawdust toiets, pressure canning, and work parties in the spring and summer to help each other out. We do like to just meet and gab at Timmies though 😀

Hope for tomorrow; Learn from yesterday; Live for today.

ReplyQuote
(@melinder)

I'm in Wolfville, a bit of a drive from Bridgewater, but I'm also just starting to look for others nearby to help share knowledge. I just got some land and have been slowly researching what to do. Like PadenFull, I find the zombie thing a fun way to communicate with friends - and actually a few friends here are getting more serious about general perparedness. Our current focus is food and energy security at home.

Anyone else around the valley interested in meeting? I'd be very happy to host. Or should we try to get together with Sue's group?

Cheers,
Melinda

ReplyQuote
(@padenfull)
Topic starter  

Thank you all for the quick replies. Sue, would very much like to attend the pot luck.

ReplyQuote
(@glockman1)
Estimable Member

I'm not sure I can make it yet, but I am definitely interested. Thank you for the offer. By the list of topics, you guys sound hardcore. I look forward to meeting and sharing ideas/knowledge.
GM1

ReplyQuote
cernunnos5
(@cernunnos5)
Noble Member

Hello and welcome, PadenFull, Glockman and Melinder. Like Sue and Holistic down on the south shore, we have a few like minded friends up here more near the noth shore. We are having a Meet and Greet in Truro at the end of April.

I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

ReplyQuote
(@plainolme)
Estimable Member

Hopefully lots of us show up in april, be nice to put some faces with the voices so to speak.

ReplyQuote
(@padenfull)
Topic starter  

Truro in April sounds devine 😀 LOL. Looking forward to it.

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@melinder)

Well, Truro IS the hub town 🙂 Sue, would your group be interested in joining us there?

ReplyQuote
 Sue
(@sue)
Trusted Member

Hi, Melinder. Yes, we are going to try to get a few to carpool to attend the Truro meet in April.

ReplyQuote
 Sue
(@sue)
Trusted Member

Thank you all for the quick replies. Sue, would very much like to attend the pot luck.

Great, PadenFull! Can you receive PM's through the forum yet?

ReplyQuote
 Sue
(@sue)
Trusted Member

I'm not sure I can make it yet, but I am definitely interested. Thank you for the offer. By the list of topics, you guys sound hardcore. I look forward to meeting and sharing ideas/knowledge.
GM1

GM1, Holistic and I are just getting our group under way, and like everyone else here we are looking forward to meeting more preppers. Prepping mind set is a different way of thinking so it sure is nice to be able to have a coversation without getting eyeballs rolled at you. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@glockman1)
Estimable Member

You are correct. I find it is best left unsaid and to proceed secretively. The more people that know who aren't preppers, the more people who will be begging at your door because they didn't. Only preppers understand.

ReplyQuote
cernunnos5
(@cernunnos5)
Noble Member

Hey everyone. Well, this is growing in leaps and bounds. I may need to find a place bigger than the coffee shop. Just a heads up if I am slow to reply, My internet is down at the moment so I can only check in when in town.

I have a Tactical Harness and I have a Tool Belt. The Tool Belt is more Useful.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network