May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Prepper communities in eastern Ontario

18 Posts
8 Users
0 Reactions
(@john13617)
Topic starter  

Hello All

I am interested in finding out if there are any prepper communities in eastern Ontario, I'd prefer to join one then to set up alone. Any one know of any?

thanks

John

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

let me know if you find out any thing on that.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I own and live on a small farm property by Minden, ON that I have been preparing since 1998 as an emergency retreat for family and friends. I keep and naturally propagate chickens, and would like to keep goats but I do go away sometimes for a few days and goats need daily care. I have a very small orchard and a large food garden. I save seed, ferment, dry, and root cellar food, although I need to build a better root cellar. I am getting frustrated having to do it all myself. No one seems to "get it" (the need for cooperative preparedness communities), and the means would need to be discussed by interested people, like how to set it up legally for multiple dwellings, ownership, etc. People cooperating is not the easiest thing to get going. A mission statement and guidelines would probably need to be determined. I have connected with local food producers. I like the idea of doing this cooperatively.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

ReadyCoop...

Here are the stats that my buddy gave me when he posted looking for people to help with his acreage and live there!
300 asked him for details
6 responded back to his answer to them
1 (me) came out to see them and the property
I was more interested in if I could get along with them than the property as you can make any place a homestead in Canada with enough work. Most seemed to get very shy at the whole there is work involved and what do you mean your not going to build a place for me.... laughable.

Yes most people do not get the whole prepper thing or that there is work involved etc etc.
sad really when you think of the pioneers and the natives that started this country out. very sad

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

to John and Beth,
just where in Eastern Ontario are you? There have been some new people joining that have what you are looking for east of Kingston area.

ReplyQuote
(@calora)

Hello Ontarians,

Just joined the preppers' network. I live in Eastern Ontario, in a small town near Prescott. So I am east of Kingston by one hour drive. My hubby and I own a parcel of land (12 acres). We have a large garden during the summer and I recently completed my first batch of crabapple jelly and also a mint jelly (known to help sore throat). I ordered my seeds for the next gardening season -- all heirloom. I love working the land. Wish to expand to raising hens and chicks next spring as well as a goat but first must convinve hubby as we have a dog that has a high prey drive. So glad to meet all of you.

Calora

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

John,

Without giving too much info, where are you located approximately? How far are you willing to travel? What would you be looking for in a group?

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

hello calora . And hello to others in eastern ont.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Location Tweed

I wouldnt personally keep chickens - too much attention grabbing, bearing in mind that when the caravans from Ajax get off the 401 to the 7 corridor and then start pestering the country folk for provisions seeing a fully functioning small holding will be too much temptation to either deplete its resources OR overpower who's holding.

Much better to make the place look like its already picked out & have a 2nd fallback defensible location on the property - thats what is in place annexed to the dog compound 1500sq ft with GSD dogs & tower along with multiple escape routes
most people would assume angry barking dogs are abandoned & not worth the risk.

The notion that people are going to be reasonable when they have fought there way out of the cities with a nagging wife & whinning kids all hungry to politely ask for a few eggs & water is moot - you either have to convey there is nothing there or it will cost them more resources than they are willing to expend to get what is your own prepardness & forward planning.

Other people already make themselves a visable target such as Mormons and other faith groups that have a belief in the goodwill of mankind, i would not suggest to have any livestock as that conveys a few simple facts:

1. you have food for them
2. you have water for them
3. you have shelter for them
4. if you have enough surplus resources for the above then think what the average
MZB will think is nicely organzied for them to take.

I personally feel plenty of cats dont convey the message largely self sufficing on rodents & protect your supplies and with the right seasoning perfectly palletable in the UK during ww2 it was referred to as 'Roof Rabbit' or 'Aussie Rabbit' to most might sound absolutly disgusting BUT the question is Do you want to live?

Enjoy!

ReplyQuote
(@lindab)

winstonsmith - you're not far from me - I'm north of Madoc.

I agree with your post.

I worry that whatever I have is just going to end up in the neighbour's yard the minute my back is turned anyway. Better to look like I have nothing to offer, than something worth taking.

Nice to meet you and glad to see there's someone in the area with their eyes open.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Or, it's just a freakin' apple!

ReplyQuote
(@threeofus)

Skip to content

LOOKING FOR SERIOUS PEOPLE
by threeofus » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:32 pm

we are a single parent farmily with 32 years combined experience

we also have a 29 year old man that is single dad is gone mom lives in maylasia

we are 45 dad 24 female 16 male I RAISED FOUR CHILDREN ALONE FOR 16 years since they were 7 4 2 and three days old
I grew up farming NOT BIG AG but old style farming we milked fourty cows by hand family of SIX had a cream farm
and a cream separator

i lost two girls to a cult they are gone
now its just the three of us WE DONT WORSHIP MONEY and we cant stand people that do
IF YOU LOVE MONEY you wont like us MONEY WILL NOT SAVE PEOPLE FROM WHATS COMING NO WAY NO HOW
and all money will be worthless when the COLLAPSE THE DOLLAR in the USA

we have found a farm organic land and are looking for others that want to farm 100 acre farm for 125 grand

live simple GROW FIVE ACRES OF FOOD yes we know how have a market garden
and grow organic pasture fed beef james is a vegetarian so others are welcome

if your not telling everyone else eating meat is wrong because ITS NOT wrong

we are serious about a depression thats coming food will double in the next three years

a war with iran is unavoidable the military industrial complex WANTS WORLD WAR THREE

I have studied for sixteen years now IF YOU ARE NOT AWAKE dont even bother writing

http://www.infowars.com
http://www.henrymakow.com
http://www.deliberatedumbingdown.com
http://www.indoctrinationmovie.com

the house is five bedroom two small sheds that can be converted into bunk houses for single men

the barn is huge and the land is good and organic the land has not been used in five years

income potential is low end 40 thousand a year
garden low end 10 thousand a year
people are free to work part time full time whatever

WE ARE SERIOUS ABOUT GARDENING serious about community and serious that things are going to get alot worse

integrity@cyg.net Robert Alisha Matthew Jamesthreeofus

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I would be interested in forming or being part of an existing "group retreat", homestead, mutual aid group.

I would be willing to do farm work or whatever work would be required to start up a homestead or farm or community.

What I don't know I am willing to learn. Plus I am willing to offer whatever knowledge or skills that I possess.

It is important for like minded people to band together for the sake of survival.

I hope that I can meet up with some people and get a group formed or at least discuss the idea of such a group.

If anyone is interested please do not hesitate to contact me.

ReplyQuote
(@adamandah)
Eminent Member

Wow Tweed ... North of Madoc ... sure am glad I found this forum, and this Ontario part of the forum.

I co-own land in central Hastings county. Lived out there the 2011 growing season, in a tent, doing an acre and a half of veggies.

Unfortunately I can't be out on the property full-time this upcoming season, but others of my co-owners are going to be there half-time or nearly-full time. Hopefully at least some cabins and a hand-pump-well will go up this year. At least a bunch of annual veggie production, and getting started on the permaculture plantings.

The long-term plan is an off-grid community; not necessarily fear/survival-driven, more so because that's the lifestyle we want. It just so happens a couple of us involved are also preppers, and think of the land and our co-owners as a MAG.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Hi LindaB...I too am new to "prepping"...and live just west of Madoc...I will have to read these posts more often.....as learning lots!! nice to meet you all!!

ReplyQuote
(@bigred613)
Trusted Member

Hi y'all!! I live in Napanee I'm a single dad with one son who's six. I have vast security training and am considered a security expert. I would be interested in meeting more like minded people from the area to establish a network of resources. Feel free to contact me if interested in meeting or if you have any questions.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network