May 01, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Ask a leader security & defense questions here

75 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
27.3 K Views
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Singlecell,

I'm not looking at picking up a fight and we can agree to disagree. For the first part on the Canadian Armed Forces (funny how "armed" has been slowly resurfacing after years of omission....), the situation is not as dire as it may seem on equipment. Could we have, as a first world nation, a larger military? Yes. Could the procurement system be streamlined and more efficient? You betcha. The reality is that we have to maintain a relevant armed forces to keep our seat as part of coalitions (NORAD, NATO...). This is what keeps the red dawn from invading Canada. It's the thought that They wouldn't have to just invade Canada, but that coalition partners would jump in the fight as well; an all for one, one for all situation. Also, coalitions are important for the sharing of intelligence. Chinese (for example) wouldn't just board their ship one day and cruise to Vancouver to seize it. As they mount up their campaign, they would surely leave some nuggets of information that would give allies some time to prepare a defensive; large scale wars just don't happen out of the blue.

As for the part on rape, pillage, torture and murders, I would think that this venue is not the best suited one for this. At the end, the internet is full in info on war atrocities and war crimes, from Nazi camps, to Omarska (Bosnia), to Ghengis Khan. Atrocities may be a reality in a WROL / TEOTWAKI situation, but I would say there is much more to think of as a prepper than to go down that route of discussion. At the end, the only way you can be prepared for those things consist of having a strong moral compass, faith (in whatever power you may believe in), strong character, weapons and the will to use them to do the right thing and intervene when needed.

ReplyQuote
(@maple-leaf-pilgrim)
Estimable Member

Marauders and war criminals at large tended to get killed more often than not in my SOAs for some reason.

Just sayin'.

-S.

"It's not what you have, but what you have done".

-S.

ReplyQuote
(@singlecell)
Estimable Member

Singlecell,

I'm not looking at picking up a fight and we can agree to disagree. For the first part on the Canadian Armed Forces (funny how "armed" has been slowly resurfacing after years of omission....), the situation is not as dire as it may seem on equipment. Could we have, as a first world nation, a larger military? Yes. Could the procurement system be streamlined and more efficient? You betcha. The reality is that we have to maintain a relevant armed forces to keep our seat as part of coalitions (NORAD, NATO...). This is what keeps the red dawn from invading Canada. It's the thought that They wouldn't have to just invade Canada, but that coalition partners would jump in the fight as well; an all for one, one for all situation. Also, coalitions are important for the sharing of intelligence. Chinese (for example) wouldn't just board their ship one day and cruise to Vancouver to seize it. As they mount up their campaign, they would surely leave some nuggets of information that would give allies some time to prepare a defensive; large scale wars just don't happen out of the blue.

As for the part on rape, pillage, torture and murders, I would think that this venue is not the best suited one for this. At the end, the internet is full in info on war atrocities and war crimes, from Nazi camps, to Omarska (Bosnia), to Ghengis Khan. Atrocities may be a reality in a WROL / TEOTWAKI situation, but I would say there is much more to think of as a prepper than to go down that route of discussion. At the end, the only way you can be prepared for those things consist of having a strong moral compass, faith (in whatever power you may believe in), strong character, weapons and the will to use them to do the right thing and intervene when needed.

Well man, thanks for explaining yourself. Sometimes over the internet, it's hard to gauge what is appropriate and what is not, and how deep we can get in these topics, so forgive me. I guess I wanted a full assessment of the situation. And like I said, no disrespect to the training of the Canadian Armed Forces at all.

ReplyQuote
(@maple-leaf-pilgrim)
Estimable Member

I have found the training the Canadians get to be quite good. In fact the average Canadian infantryman is as good as a US Army Ranger.

-S.

-S.

ReplyQuote
(@puceprepperz)

sorry guys been super busy last few weeks and gonna be so probably until nov. Going to southern US for miltary jumps with some of the guys from international teams, and doing a HALO jump for shits and giggles. Then might be going to mexico Baja - for baja 1000. I will try to respond as best I can while in and out over the next bit

ReplyQuote
(@ottawalonewolf)
Trusted Member

I have found the training the Canadians get to be quite good. In fact the average Canadian infantryman is as good as a US Army Ranger.

-S.

I have heard similar comments before but can't verify it. I have worked with Brits in the past. They are really professional and have great sense of humor in the field.

ReplyQuote
(@maple-leaf-pilgrim)
Estimable Member

-S.

I have heard similar comments before but can't verify it. I have worked with Brits in the past. They are really professional and have great sense of humor in the field.

I am "old Army". I wonder how many know what that means anymore...

😉

-S.

-S.

ReplyQuote
(@ottawalonewolf)
Trusted Member

-S.

I am "old Army". I wonder how many know what that means anymore...

😉

-S.

Cornwallis old ? 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@maple-leaf-pilgrim)
Estimable Member

Cornwallis old ? 🙂

🙂

L1A1 "Old Army".

-S.

-S.

ReplyQuote
(@justin-k)
Trusted Member

What ever happened to all those L1 A1 s I remember taking apart and rebuild in pitch black many times, I would love to have one of those .. My shoulder starts to hurt at just the thought of her

ReplyQuote
(@maple-leaf-pilgrim)
Estimable Member

What ever happened to all those L1 A1 s I remember taking apart and rebuild in pitch black many times, I would love to have one of those .. My shoulder starts to hurt at just the thought of her

There are very few Brown Besses left. There are fewer allowed to own her. Yet every time I pick one up I can tell the old dame pretty much by feel.

-S.

-S.

ReplyQuote
(@ottawalonewolf)
Trusted Member

Cornwallis old ? 🙂

🙂

L1A1 "Old Army".

-S.

I was joking with my OPS WO that he was probably using Lee Enfield when he joined !

mmm ! that just say things did not end well for me. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@carbon04)
Honorable Member

-S.

oi, and out of the field!!!

"I think that I am very reasonable therefore ......." ICRCC

ReplyQuote
(@rabbi-arie-chark)

This is for anyone, I guess. I want to understand what's necessary to create a fun and motivational program in preparedness for religious communities. The program is directed to adults. This isn't a wilderness/adventure concept. I want to develop useful resources that motivate members of synagogues, churches, etc., to create "target-hardened" communities. Thoughts?

ReplyQuote
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member

Welcome to the forum Arie. I'm not sure this is what you have in mind specifically but perhaps the LDS/Mormon church has answers for you. I don't know if you can call them target hardened but definitely prep hardened.

S

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 5
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network