April 30, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

My Military Krav Maga course in Serbia

11 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@ottawalonewolf)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Sorry I have to ask you guys to check up my story on my blog. These pictures are just way too big to be upload on imageshack. πŸ™

Syn
(@syn)
Reputable Member

Made a very humbling impression to this soccer mom . To be perfectly honest, I am curious if someone like myself is ever going to have to compete with someone like you for survival ?

ReplyQuote
(@ottawalonewolf)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Made a very humbling impression to this soccer mom . To be perfectly honest, I am curious if someone like myself is ever going to have to compete with someone like you for survival ?

of course you can ! the scariest thing in nature is a mother. A mom will do everything in her power to protect her family. It is not worth for me to pick a fight with anyone who will do anything and everything to make sure I am dead.

ReplyQuote
(@screedcrete)
Estimable Member

You will definately run up against all odds. Preparing for that is the way. To think a force trains for almost the worst is fairly silly. Self defence is highly suggested. I havnt watched the vid however I am familiar with the art. I would suggest anything is better than nothing but sticking to learning joint locks and how to avoid then is a great place to start. You WILL try to be controlled at some point!

Whatever tomorrow brings,… I will be there! πŸ˜‰

ReplyQuote
 Syn
(@syn)
Reputable Member

Oh I agree that social strife and aggression is one of the things we may be seeing more of. I admittedly am weaker in my situational awareness, fitness and self defense so I am starting to pay attention and work on it despite the fact I am planning a relocation which is why I really appreciated the link to OttawaLoneWolfs blog and the work he has done posting it . May I ask how your military and foreign experiences influence what you are prepping for OttawaLoneWolf ? I am going to ask in more detail on the thread about security .

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

Syn, never doubt that you can practise things in many many ways, I do a fair amount with my walking stick but that is just the tip of the things we work on, never mind the regular crossbow training, and others "formal" things, tonight, I spent well over twenty mins working with my stock whip, working on all kinds of moves with it.. I am getting better and stronger on them, I have long ones, med ones, short extra heavy duty thick ones.. never undermine what a well placed cattle prod can do either.. but I am getting to the point that I can pick a slender branch (Finger size) and take off that said fingers..

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
 Syn
(@syn)
Reputable Member

I have nothing but respect for the training OttawaLoneWolf has undertaken as it represents a lot of self discipline and I am sure good judgement . Yes I am aware in my surroundings many things can be used as tools to defend oneself . Good grief I am towered over by two sons who are in competitive mountain biking ,rugby, football, MMA and wrestling and I have used a cattle prod to break them up when it gets too serious. It is a rather lightweight short wand and needs to make direct contact with skin with short prongs and the batteries would need to be working to provide the charge so it would not often be my defensive implement of choice to rely on but it sure breaks up a brawl in short order. I handle 1400 pound very large athletic stallions daily for my living so I know how to exert myself a bit to deal with them when all the blood has rushed from their brains to their erections . But I really don't think I am anywhere near prepared to deal sufficiently with most security threats that could suddenly develop.
Like high level sport, I think many manners of self defence require discipline and extensive time and effort put into training so your body performs at an optimum effectiveness while your brain can think forward to strategize the next move instead of just reacting . Just like you are suggesting farmgal, to really know how to use an object to your best advantage takes some practice which builds your strength , reaction speed and effectiveness.

ReplyQuote
(@ottawalonewolf)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Oh I agree that social strife and aggression is one of the things we may be seeing more of. I admittedly am weaker in my situational awareness, fitness and self defense so I am starting to pay attention and work on it despite the fact I am planning a relocation which is why I really appreciated the link to OttawaLoneWolfs blog and the work he has done posting it . May I ask how your military and foreign experiences influence what you are prepping for OttawaLoneWolf ? I am going to ask in more detail on the thread about security .

Hi Syn ! you gave me too much credits.
to be honest, all my trainings make me realize how limited I am as a human being. I am a " trained " person but that's about it. I have gotten my ass kicked by a good amount of people. I think what really make me think about prepping is that I am not prepping only for myself or my immediate circle. I am building a functional field unit ( community ). Honestly, I strongly disagree with some preppers' views on " none preppers " be doom philosophy. You can learn first aid all you want but you cannot match an ER doctor when comes to dealing with injuries. You can be Bruce Lee but you can't do a 24/7 Sentry by yourself. I am just one person and without others, my chance for survival is doomed.

I know with my immediate friends and students, we can hold and strive any part of land easily until the rescue arrive or we simply have to rebuild a country by ourselves. πŸ˜‰
Regarding with security specific question: I don't fight alone, I fight with my wolfpacks ! our strength is define by our weakest member.

ReplyQuote
(@ottawalonewolf)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Syn, never doubt that you can practise things in many many ways, I do a fair amount with my walking stick but that is just the tip of the things we work on, never mind the regular crossbow training, and others "formal" things, tonight, I spent well over twenty mins working with my stock whip, working on all kinds of moves with it.. I am getting better and stronger on them, I have long ones, med ones, short extra heavy duty thick ones.. never undermine what a well placed cattle prod can do either.. but I am getting to the point that I can pick a slender branch (Finger size) and take off that said fingers..

Have you taken Bartitsu ? πŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
(@maple-leaf-pilgrim)
Estimable Member

to be honest, all my trainings make me realize how limited I am as a human being. I am a " trained " person but that's about it. I have gotten my ass kicked by a good amount of people. I think what really make me think about prepping is that I am not prepping only for myself or my immediate circle. I am building a functional field unit ( community ). Honestly, I strongly disagree with some preppers' views on " none preppers " be doom philosophy. You can learn first aid all you want but you cannot match an ER doctor when comes to dealing with injuries. You can be Bruce Lee but you can't do a 24/7 Sentry by yourself. I am just one person and without others, my chance for survival is doomed.

I know with my immediate friends and students, we can hold and strive any part of land easily until the rescue arrive or we simply have to rebuild a country by ourselves. πŸ˜‰
Regarding with security specific question: I don't fight alone, I fight with my wolfpacks ! our strength is define by our weakest member.

Well spoken. I've been tasked with lone Operator jobs myself and it is the absolute hardest thing I ever had to do. All of my training, dedication and bloody mindedness allowed me to do my job. Not thrive, but survive.

I have studied KaPap under Avi Nardia myself. People try to knock him down, but he's the guy in pictures with Sayaret units and Kidom teams.

-S.

"It's not what you have, but what you have done".

-S.

ReplyQuote
(@ottawalonewolf)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Well spoken. I've been tasked with lone Operator jobs myself and it is the absolute hardest thing I ever had to do. All of my training, dedication and bloody mindedness allowed me to do my job. Not thrive, but survive.

I have studied KaPap under Avi Nardia myself. People try to knock him down, but he's the guy in pictures with Sayaret units and Kidom teams.

-S.

Avi Nardia and Kapap ah ! It is sad there are too many people trying to besmirch each others in this circle. We should just trained !!

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network