May 01, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

sharing property

11 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@georges)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

looking for people with skills to make a underground bunker enough for 40 to 60 people and above ground defence secure area with defensive position fence in area with a huge gardening and more in the Ottawa rural area

(@martha)
Reputable Member

And don't forget the kool-aid. You'll need it.

Please forgive me , I couldn't resist... Anyone who thinks they can live in an underground bunker with 40 other people for any length of time whatsoever is not taking into account the fact that people can rarely live harmoniously with their spouses in their large houses, let alone hunker in an underground bunker with a bunch of people a day away from smelling worse than a bunch of swine. Not realistic in my estimation.

Please pardon my stinky poetry and humor. The devil made me do it!

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

I don't think there are too many people advertising building "underground bunkers with defensive positions". That would be a great way to get the RCMP and CSIS' attention real fast. For those that do, they probably stick to defence contracts.

I see a couple of options for you.

1) look at US companies (like http://www.safecastle.com/sheltershome.aspx )
2) figure out what you need and contract different bits yourself, probably finding white lies for what you are doing. For example, contract out excavation, then contract out the structure, then rent a bobcat ant dig your position. I suppose you could disguise the whole thing that you are building this for a Holywood zombie movie or that you are a sociology / history prof doing research....

Good luck with your endeavour!

ReplyQuote
oldschool
(@oldschool)
Noble Member

looking for people with skills to make a underground bunker enough for 40 to 60 people and above ground defence secure area with defensive position fence in area with a huge gardening and more in the Ottawa rural area

Georges - I thought you had all of the people sorted when we met last year.

ReplyQuote
Adagio
(@adagio)
Reputable Member

Not that I am looking to join your little group and you probably already have your eye on something but thought I would share anyways. I know of a company near TO that sells used storage containers for pretty cheap. 20ft Standard $2,150, 40ft $3,150. Guaranteed air and water tight. They also deliver for reasonable prices.

ReplyQuote
(@georges)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Old School we do but we can have more and am not talking only underground am talking having small cottage type cabin like a cabanon converted in living space for about 4 to 6 person family this would all be fence in with barb wire and camera the bunker is just another way to protect us from the element or situation in the fence in area there would be a garden small farm everything we need to survive and more it would be big enough for the amount of people we will be this is for helicopilot too nothing illegal we have 3 officer in the group now it’s to fine a place close enough for all of us

ReplyQuote
oldschool
(@oldschool)
Noble Member

Old School we do but we can have more and am not talking only underground am talking having small cottage type cabin like a cabanon converted in living space for about 4 to 6 person family this would all be fence in with barb wire and camera the bunker is just another way to protect us from the element or situation in the fence in area there would be a garden small farm everything we need to survive and more it would be big enough for the amount of people we will be this is for helicopilot too nothing illegal we have 3 officer in the group now it’s to fine a place close enough for all of us

Good for you going the "extra" mile.

I believe what helicopilot was trying to say is that the government would be watching you the same way they watch Bruce Beach. It is not illegal but the government tends to not like it when the public does this kind of thing.

ReplyQuote
(@thecrownsown)
Prominent Member

Especially when building codes, fire codes, etc. are followed.

You can build whatever you want, but get a permit. Part of the reason Bruce Beach face(d) so much hassle. For the safety of your group, ensure you build to engineering standards. Hire engineers/architects where you have to. building it legally will also mean you can get insured.

https://www.internationalpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738

ReplyQuote
(@georges)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the info everyone will put it too good use and consider it

ReplyQuote
(@gul123)

You can build whatever you want, but get a permit. Part of the reason Bruce Beach face(d) so much hassle. For the safety of your group, ensure you build to engineering standards. Hire engineers/architects where you have to. building it legally will also mean you can get insured.

ReplyQuote
(@ballisticprepper)
Eminent Member

I have helped some people In your situation, with the difference that they only want it for thier family. I concur with keeping it a secret. In the states the government looks for such bunkers and documents them. If contractors or neighbours know about your bunker, when shtf, they will be there trying to get in. Chose your path wisely. And good luck.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network