May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Alberta Flood Checkin

54 Posts
23 Users
0 Reactions
(@jfamily)
Eminent Member

Traveller,

I am glad to hear you faired relatively well all things considered. Again if you need a hand let me know. Also if you need or want a contact for an expert in mould remediation I work with a commercial construction consultant that really knows his stuff.

Cheers

ReplyQuote
(@farmgal)
Member Moderator

Wow Traveller, so much lost, thank you for taking the time to keep us up to date..

http://livingmydreamlifeonthefarm.wordpress.com/

ReplyQuote
(@traveller)
Reputable Member

Traveller,

I am glad to hear you faired relatively well all things considered. Again if you need a hand let me know. Also if you need or want a contact for an expert in mould remediation I work with a commercial construction consultant that really knows his stuff.

Cheers

Tks Gang Good to know the support is there.....I will let you know J man if I need that or if the condo board will look after as they say....

Better to have it and not need it; then to need it and not have it...

ReplyQuote
BelowTheRadar
(@belowtheradar)
Reputable Member

I drove by High River a couple of times today on the QE II. All I have to say is "Hoe Lee Carp!" I can't imagine what it looked like a week ago. The last 3 days have been heat wave (as if displaced High River residents don't have enough to deal with already???) so I would imagine the water level has dropped significantly. The water quality even 100 KM's + downstream from Calgary are still pretty muddy/silty.

Just WOW! 🙁

Than= I’d rather be rich than poor.
Then= I first became hungry then I ate.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.

ReplyQuote
(@traveller)
Reputable Member

So here is a High River update; I'm not really sure how to explain what is going on but the best way to describe it is, it looks and people are trying to act normal but it's not,
Heavy rain for a day and half and people are worried about the river..I'm really not sure if this town will ever come back to normal,I would say a lot of post traumatic stress and I would think by now the financial stress for folks that have been turned down on insurance is and will begin to be heavy burden, we still have a local state of emergency and extra cops working and patrolling...No doors kicked in though...lol....oh gotta love our fearless rainbow warriors...sry but my opinion of the R.C.M.P.has been diminished greatly since our little flood...anyway not much to report still not back in my condo and I'm really not sure if we will ever see the inside of it again..They are talking rebuild but I'm not holding my breath, and we are really not sure if we want it rebuilt....have a good fall and I hope to see a good turn out for our sept meeting this will be one worth attending, I have a very good agenda planned...

Better to have it and not need it; then to need it and not have it...

ReplyQuote
(@helicopilot)
Member Moderator

Best of luck traveller!

ReplyQuote
(@lgsbrooks)
Honorable Member

Let us know if you need anything Traveller.

ReplyQuote
(@dangphool)
Prominent Member

An associate I know through work lost everything in Bragg Creek as the river changed direction and went through the old trapper's cabin she lived in. The structure is still there but everything was destroyed and the soil polluted by the raw sewage that accompanied the water.

She is not considered in the flood fringe, let alone the flood basin but has been trying to get the government to buy her out so that she can move and start over. She's 65 and has been a private consultant for years, so no pension etc.

She just got a cheque to help her start over. It was supposed to help with the 12 appliances she lost, which included the furnace, the front door that was washed away, and to help with furniture etc. At least according to the official letter that accompanied the cheque.

It was for $1200 and change.

She is so insulted, she doesn't want to cash it. What a joke. All the big talk from our 40-year old Tory dynasty to assist people, even if just once.

ReplyQuote
BelowTheRadar
(@belowtheradar)
Reputable Member

I gave up on the Alberta Conservative Party after Ralph's second term. His head was getting too big while his ears were shrinking. Hell I even voted *gag* Liberal as a protest vote as there was no other choice. Lets not even mention Stelmach (sp?) and Redford has a history with the UN and is an agenda 21 supporter. If you don't know about the UN or agenda 21 I would suggest some reading outside of the MSM. Don't forget to find out about 'that little innocent branch of Agenda 21 known as ICLEI'. You can bet that 'connected' owners of flooded property are laughing all the way to the bank. BTW, don't forget, this is 'progress'.

I'd love to see a complete audit of who got what and who knows who. Prepare for more of the same.

Too = That's too bad.

ReplyQuote
Buggie
(@buggie)
Honorable Member

I think enough time now has passed to drop this thread. if you havnt checked in by now... you aint checking in.

but then again... Redford did announce her resignation today, so I suppose that is some appropriate closure on the matter! Now on to the RCMP overlords.

See you all after.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I really like your comment BelowTheRadar.

I would have a small question for you and all the other preppers as well. What would be the percentage of Albertan preppers and Albertans in general who are familiar with the UN's Progressive Agenda, Agenda 21, the progressive brainwashing that took place for the past several decades through the mainstream medias and schools, what communist "social progress" really means etc... In many other Canadian provinces, most people seem to be unaware about all this stuff. Why does it seem to be different in Alberta ?

ReplyQuote
(@de-leau)
Eminent Member

Cause this is the wild west? Good question... I'd like to know too.
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/62214
A reminder to use cash... especially when stocking up on your preps.
I read somewhere that the REAL reason the united nations owns national parks and land in Canada and the US is not simply to 'protect' the wildlife, but because of the resources they hide... including gold and precious gems. When it comes down to it, they ultimately will get your land too if they want it. We are kept too busy, too tired, and too dumbed down to even want to care about this stuff... I don't see how people, ESPECIALLY ones with kids, can ignore this, but they seem to be the busiest! Pity.

"Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what lies clearly at hand." . ~Thomas Carlyle, 1795-1881

ReplyQuote
BelowTheRadar
(@belowtheradar)
Reputable Member

One thing I will mention right from the get go is that your question/interest in Agenda 21 along with your Network signup date does raise my eyebrows a bit. All the same I am committed to raising awareness to Agenda 21 and ICLEI as well. If you don't know about ICLEI I would suggest Youtube and a search of "The Corbett Report" featuring Rosa Korie (SP?) as a primer for what the hell is really going on. Rosa Korie (sp?) has a lot of knowledge on ICLEI.

I do believe that Preppers are usually much better informed than most of the rest of Albertans. This is based on NOT believing a lot of the MSM news. I don't know if you have been watching the ratings of the MSM it has been plummeting as of late due to people in general waking up and not swallowing the bogus 'information' offered to the masses. (Mancow Muller turned down a $9 million contract to become an Obama shill. What did others with a bigger audience accept?) As for Preppers, I would guess that roughly 66% or better are quite (not fully) aware of the restrictions that Agenda 21 poses on the current (and shrinking) rights of Albertans. As for Albertans in general I would venture a guess at 3 to 5% of Albertan are somewhat wise to Agenda 21. That is enough for a 'critical mass' to be activated if things go 'really wrong'.

As for Alberta being somewhat more informed than other provinces, lets just say that Alberta is Canada's answer to Texas in the USA. If you are savvy to the 'brainwashing' that Agenda 21 attempts, you should know exactly what I mean. There is a theory that North America should have been split north to south rather than east to west. Looking at politics I am inclined to agree.

In closing, please excuse me being long winded but I thought 'partial answers' would be insufficient without relevant information to back up my beliefs. I look forward to a reply with your thoughts on my view of the entire Agenda 21 situation.

Too = That's too bad.

ReplyQuote
(@dangphool)
Prominent Member

This is a new topic and it should be in the Fringe section.

Denob, please lock this down because as Buggie said, "If you haven't checked in yet, you aren't going to be".

(Yes I do represent the 1/3 of Albertans who believes in man-made climate change and has no fear of a UN initiative for sustainability)

ReplyQuote
(@denob)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hmmm...
Sorry for not seeing this earlier!
If you have similar concerns over posts in the future, please don't hesitate to report it or PM me directly.
BTR and Prepper007 have unfortunately taken this thread WAY off course.
And yes, Agenda 21 brainwashing discussions belong in the Fringe area.
Thanks and locking it up.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network