May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Solar Upgrades

17 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

With regard to the naturalnews article and Crybaby's comments. The article is, as they say, factually correct it is solar 101. Crybaby says he doesn't agree with all of it and for good reason. If the power goes off the array does not become useless. It is there waiting for the grid to resume. This is fine for short medium and even some long outages when you know the grid will come back. That is what the system was designed for. However if TSHTF and the grid is gone who cares about the electric utilities rules. You rewire the grid tie into your off grid system and you have a pretty powerful system. I have been told that you can't rewire these systems but that is simply not true. You don't have to be an electrician to do it either. I would wager that anyone who has put together their own system could do it with relative easy. Gird tie and off grid systems are designed for different purposes but they share some of the same components, it is only a matter of reconfiguration.

ReplyQuote
(@javert)
Eminent Member

This is a great post and I'm very impressed with your setup Crybaby. I've just finished setting up a decent food and water supply system and my next project was going to be solar. This information will be a great help. One day, when I'm ready to start the solar experience you should let me buy you a beer and ask you some questions.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network