May 18, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

South Central Emergency Preparedness Group..May Meeting....

30 Posts
14 Users
0 Reactions
(@traveller)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

We Have a New Date and I am very Happy to say it will be.....MAY 11Th/13.......And it will be indoors....With a great big Thanks to a hard working member of our group b&c for making it possible...

The location will be............ Deer Run Community Association........The Address is .............2223 146ave SE Calgary Ab......It will take place 1:00 pm Sharp...See everyone there..

..........................................................................Semper-Promptus.....................................................

Ok so here is an update for an agenda put together so far...

gc-mountainman our western moderator will be there, he is EX-Canadian forces with time in over seas with peacekeeping missions in Croatia..He has a world of knowledge and has dealt with true S.H.T.F.Situations and how people react under high stress situations..

Igsbrooks along with b&c will discuss; seeds/planting and caloric amounts necessary also I believe they will be talking about gardens and the amount of space needed....

We will have a First responder talking about what we could expect from our emergency service in the event of a S.H.T.F..Situation..

There will be various speakers on [ bug out/bug in/ plans]. Bug Out bags/ Bug Out Vehicles ] and what you may want to pack and have packed ready to go at a moments notice....

Also there will be Various types of packs and equipment for attendees to look at.....

Better to have it and not need it; then to need it and not have it...

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Thanks traveller, Dang and b&c (and everyone else working behind the scene)!!

An indoor meeting will be a comfortable change.

To mark this occasion, I will put up a new copy of the Field Manual Edition of The G.O.O.D. Plan - Get Out Of Dodge as a door prize. If there are any costs with this venue, I would suggest $1 person to cover the hall rental. Of course, if there are no rental fees.......I will shut-up and sit down. 😳

Cheers,

Mountainman.

ReplyQuote
(@dangphool)
Prominent Member

We will have a rough agenda out shortly as well but if you have any ideas you'd like discussed then please pm myself or Traveller so that we can put them up on the thread after we confirm how many we can fit into one afternoon or which ones will be better for future meetings.

Tell us what you'd like to discuss/learn/do please...

ReplyQuote
(@traveller)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks gc- that is a generous contribution and will be an excellent door prise.... Also a big thanks to Dangphool for the organizing he has done for this meeting and its agenda which we will have out shortly as he stated....

ReplyQuote
(@traveller)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Agenda update on the original post.....

ReplyQuote
Buggie
(@buggie)
Honorable Member

I am looking forward to it

See you all after.

ReplyQuote
(@blacksheep)
Eminent Member

Looks interesting.

Thank you to those working to put this together.

ReplyQuote
(@lonehowler)
Eminent Member

Should we bring our BOBsfor inspection? I know it probably needs improvement and I'd like tips

ReplyQuote
ScottyRE
(@scottyre)
Estimable Member

Very nice. This will be nearly right in my back yard so convenient for me. Appreciate that a ton. Will see y'all then

No matter how good or bad your life is, wake up each day thankful because someone somewhere else right now is fighting for theirs

ReplyQuote
(@javert)
Eminent Member

Sounds like a good day. I'll be there.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Should we bring our BOBsfor inspection? I know it probably needs improvement and I'd like tips

LoneHowler,

By all means, bring in your BOB(s). There will be many persons there who will have ideas that you may want to use.

Just a note for those who feel inclined to bring their BOB - please leave any "bang sticks" you normally have as part of your BOB at home.

Cheers,

Mountainman.

ReplyQuote
(@dangphool)
Prominent Member

Just a note for those who feel inclined to bring their BOB - please leave any "bang sticks" you normally have as part of your BOB at home.

Cheers,

Mountainman.

LOL I'm glad you said that gc_ because I was about to mention it as well 😮

I'm bringing my bag and some other gear because I'm better prepared for 'sheltering in place' and I'd like some advice on how to get everything to fit into my bob.

ReplyQuote
(@learner)
Reputable Member

would love to come, but it is a scheduled day to work. will have to see how things work out between work and the possibility of being in the city that day.

ReplyQuote
(@sir-laughs-alot)
Eminent Member

Sounds good and will be there

ReplyQuote
Antsy
(@antsy)
Reputable Member

As it will be May right away, I am thinking that this thread should be at the top of the pile for a day or two.

Cheers,

Antsy

Needs must when the devil drives.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network