April 28, 2024
11 11 11 AM
Latest Blog Posts
Three Rules For Prepper Bartering It’s Garden (Planning) Season! Fish and Bird Antibiotics Banned! Lest We Forget Assembling The Grab And Go HF Radio Kit Answering A Viewer Question From YouTube Always Moving Forward In Prepping Another TRU SDX Test – More Power! Getting The New Garden And Compost Prepped Testing The Portable 20 Meter End Fed Antenna

FORUM

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Dewalt usb charger

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@scrounger)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Been doing a few tests with the Dewalt DCB090 usb charging battery adapter. This unit slides over 12v/20v Dewalt batteries and allows you to plug usb into them for charging phones etc.

Using a fully charged 12v 1.5 ah batteries I was able to bring my cell phone from 26% power to a full charge in an hour and twenty minutes. The second phone went from 24% power to 60% charge in forty minutes. Battery was drained at that point.

You can purchase one of these units for between 25-30 dollars. If you already have Dewalt 12v or 20v tools then a purchase may make sense to you. I have 7 Dewalt batteries so it is another source of usb power. However I would look for the DCB091 as it has an additional plug in that lets you use it with the Dewalt heated jackets. Apparently it will also work with the M12 Milwaukee heated clothing as well. I will let you know if that is true when I pick up the 091 and try it with son in laws heated hoodie.

(@pedosjun)

You are my helper I want to thank you so much for imparting to me.

ReplyQuote
(@danux)
Estimable Member

I've also used these converters, and find them very convenient. I additionally bought one of the knock-offs, black in colour, and found it to be inferior. The Dewalt-branded converter pushes more amps through both plugs simultaneously, whereas the knockoff was limited to 2A total, and would switch off if a larger amp draw was found. I can basically only use the knock off on a single draw.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Canadian Preppers Network